PDA

View Full Version : TV3's "The Box"

sligoman
10/10/2006, 8:48 PM
The Box is a new reality quiz show presented by Keith Duffy where the contestants have to live in an isolated glass box in the middle of Dublin. During the day the two contestants will work together to build up a pot of money and every might they will battle against each other, live on TV3, to see who gets to keep it.Surprised nobody has mentioned it yet. Anyone been watching it? What ye think? I've heard TV3 pumped loads of money into it so are hoping it'll be a success. If you missed it, it's on at 10pm tonight.

Dodge
10/10/2006, 9:23 PM
Its on every night I think. Looks great (in that the production values are top class). Can't stand your man Duffy though so couldn't tell you anything about the actual show...

sligoman
10/10/2006, 9:27 PM
Its on every night I think.Yeah, 10 o'clock every night for the next 3 weeks I think.

New winner tonight so yer wan has to leave "the box".

First
11/10/2006, 7:46 AM
Yeah, 10 o'clock every night for the next 3 weeks I think.

New winner tonight so yer wan has to leave "the box".

Can't see it holding up in the ratings because The Panel is back next Monday

Dodge
11/10/2006, 7:53 AM
Different audience

Dawn_Run
11/10/2006, 10:12 AM
Standard of question answering is brutal. Who was the girl on it on Monday? Charlie McCreevy minister of finance??...i think not!

ccfcman
11/10/2006, 10:53 AM
Will try and catch it tonight, can't imagine it to be too great, but I'll let Keith friggin' Duffy prove me wrong!

First
11/10/2006, 12:55 PM
Standard of question answering is brutal. Who was the girl on it on Monday? Charlie McCreevy minister of finance??...i think not!

Not only is the the standard of answering brutal , the questions are brutal.
Its primary level standard most of them.

Have to day the box looks like a nice gaff , wonder if they threw in a few bottles of alcohol would we get any real entertainment from the contestants.

ccfcman
13/10/2006, 7:09 AM
Pile of tat, turned it off after about 3 mins, they could only name 14 Simpsons characters :/

Rory H
13/10/2006, 8:37 AM
funny when keith duffy forgot the name of the contestant at the end

"give it up for......................"

and he had to say his name:rolleyes:

questions are way too easy as well...they should be thinking outside the box:)

WeAreRovers
13/10/2006, 10:53 AM
funny when keith duffy forgot the name of the contestant at the end

Almost as funny as the contestant who called him "Shane" all the way through an interview. Duffy didn't even bat an eyelid.

I may be biased but The Box is appalling beyond words. They've spent a fortune on it and forgot to hire anyone who'd actually worked on live reality TV before. It's nearly as cringeworthy as eL Weekly. :eek:

KOH

padjoe
14/10/2006, 1:15 AM
Did you see it tonight? that contestant brian was very entertaining made it very interesting any way even if questions were ********

Raheny Red
14/10/2006, 9:08 AM
Seen it last night, thought the questions at the end were fairly easy. And the crowd was tiny :eek: :p

padjoe
14/10/2006, 10:46 AM
i was at it last night and to be honest they make it look massive on tv3 but its tiny. i'm impressed with the box. i wonder how rte would have approached this? the questions in the first round were difficult but your right they did ease up towards the end. too easy for three point questions

LeixlipRed
14/10/2006, 7:32 PM
Anyone see the question about the Pied Pier? The dude thought he was from Sheffield!!! :eek:

Peadar
16/10/2006, 9:15 AM
I flicked this on last night and they had this psychologist guy yapping on with some rubbish. Anyway, someone thought it would be clever to do close-ups of his nasal hair, eyes, manky tache etc. It was quite disgusting and clearly designed to distract from the nonsense he was churning out.

Promptly changed channels and certainly wont make the mistake of watching that trash again.

Block G Raptor
18/10/2006, 2:02 PM
Was thinking of entering the other night as i'm quite good at general knowledge
probably wouldn't get the time off work though !

finlma
26/10/2006, 1:41 PM
I watched this for the first time the other night and I nearly pi55ed myself it was so pathetic.

Can someone tell me the following:

Why do they stay in the box overnight - it's completely pointless.
Why does Keith Duffy spontaeneously say "Are you nervous?" every 2 minutes? Is he a robot?
How did TV3 ever think this was a good idea? The production is a complete balls.

Giftgrub have done a couple of great pi55takes of it.

In summing up: Worst TV show ever.

holidaysong
26/10/2006, 1:50 PM
I seen it for the first time the other night. A guy from Dundalk won and then they stuck some girl from Drogheda into the box with him.. Poor guy. Terrible show, won't be watching again. Where is "The Box" anyway?

strangeirish
26/10/2006, 2:25 PM
I seen it for the first time the other night. A guy from Dundalk won and then they stuck some girl from Drogheda into the box with him.. Poor guy. Terrible show, won't be watching again. Where is "The Box" anyway?

Just below the belly button:D
*sorry*

Raheny Red
26/10/2006, 4:17 PM

Around the corner from the Jervis Street Shoping Centre.

NY Hoop
26/10/2006, 4:29 PM
Complete bogroll. Duffy is a knob.

Although in fairness to TV3 they do have a show dedicated to the EL unlike rtengland who in over 40 years of "covering" the league never bothered.

And yeah I know eircom league weekly is a wayne's world production.

Speaking of TV3 that clown who does the weather should be thrown off the world.

KOH

sligoman
26/10/2006, 9:38 PM
Andy(a Dundalk FC fan btw) was finally defeated tonight. He won 16 grand and will compete for the car on Saturday night.

pete
27/10/2006, 11:59 AM
I've seen a few minutes & some guy answered a question correctly only for the "Voice" to inform him that was incorrect & then gave him his answer back again. :eek:

I presume you win cash for every day you spend in "The Box"? How much cash?

Also given the show only on for 30 minutes do they efer show what happens in the box?

:confused:

WeAreRovers
27/10/2006, 12:21 PM
Check out this job ad from TV3. Pay particular attention to the job title. :D

http://www.tv3.ie/careers.php?action=view&id=54

KOH

Dodge
27/10/2006, 12:28 PM
My friend has actually applied for that. its one step up from an assistant

WeAreRovers
27/10/2006, 2:14 PM
My friend has actually applied for that. its one step up from an assistant

Hope he knows what he's at because keyboard skills and a high standard of literacy are essential requirements for Assitant (sic) Librarians. ;)

KOH

Dodge
27/10/2006, 2:17 PM
Its a she, and yeah that why I posted its one step up from assistant....

(Jeez do I have put smilies on every joke?)

;)

pete
27/10/2006, 2:25 PM
Check out this job ad from TV3. Pay particular attention to the job title. :D

Good idea to screen applications. Anyone who cut & pastes the title gets put in the bin automatically.

:cool:

WeAreRovers
27/10/2006, 2:49 PM
(Jeez do I have put smilies on every joke?)

No, but you have to make them funny.

KOH

Dodge
27/10/2006, 2:55 PM
You're right, pointing out spelling mistakes is way funnier ;)

(oh and the bit about my frined going for the job isn't a joke)

(spot the deliberate spelling error?)

WeAreRovers
27/10/2006, 3:13 PM

(oh and the bit about my frined going for the job isn't a joke)

(spot the deliberate spelling error?)

Cant find error but wish your frined all the best. ;)

Now do one ya junkie tw@t, I'm off the pub. May the best team lose.

KOH

Dodge
27/10/2006, 3:25 PM
Cant find error but wish your frined all the best. ;)

Now do one ya junkie tw@t, I'm off the pub. May the best team lose.

So you're saying that in a war of geeky pedantry I won? Hurrah for me, and I'm off too. Hope you have a poxy night

holidaysong
27/10/2006, 3:44 PM
Andy(a Dundalk FC fan btw) was finally defeated tonight. He won 16 grand and will compete for the car on Saturday night.

He was being cheered on in the Lilywhite Lounge after the game last night. :D

pete
27/10/2006, 3:49 PM

I now type perfect pidgeon english. I blame on reading so many emails from 'englsih as a2nd language" people. The best one os typing no instead of not or now - can be very confusing :D