PDA

View Full Version : Alan Reynolds Out?

pete
20/09/2002, 3:46 PM
[fai.ie]

Reynolds out for Cork - 20 September 2002

Cork City boss Liam Murphy has to plan without influential midfielder Alan Reynolds for Saturday's eircom Premier Division clash with Longford Town at Flancare Park (kick-off 7.30 pm).

Former Longford player Reynolds requires an operation on a broken nose despite playing with the injury in last Monday's 4-1 defeat by St.Patrrick's Athletic at Richmond Park. With Conor O'Grady back after injury, boss Murphy may be tempted to switch George O'Callaghan to midfield with James Mulligan partnering John O'Flynn in attack.

"How we react to that defeat at Richmond is very important. There was no doubt that St.Pat's were the better team on the night, but Cork have a lot of important games in a brief period of time. There is a lot of character in this new young side and the attitude on the training ground has been second to none," said Murphy.

Better news for Cork is that defender Neal Horgan should be back for the FAI Carlsberg Cup semi-final at Turners Cross against Derry City on Friday fortnight (October 4) after a successful cartilage operation on Tuesday, The left back position has been a problem area for Cork in Horgan's absence. Michael Mulconry or John Andrews could fill the role against Longford.

Trinidad and Tobago international Avery John makes his first appearance for Longford although he may have to be satisfied with a place on the substitutes bench. Manager Alan Matthews will be reuctant to change the side that recorded an excellent 2-2 draw with St.Patrick's Athletic at Richmond Park last week.

"We must still win our home games and build on that result against St.Pat's. It only becomes a good result if you win the next game," said Matthews. One absentee for Longford will be midfielder Stuart Holt who has joined Dublin City.

------------------------------------

Either Gunthers trying some mind games (the way Osam is doubtful for Pats every week) or looks like he'll be forced to try Conor 'n George in the middle?

Éanna
20/09/2002, 4:44 PM
According to the echo, renno is having his nose reset! so looks like we'll be missing him. Maybe murphy afraid of him losing the rag up there and picking up a card or something?

Counting Crow
20/09/2002, 6:57 PM
This is a real pity. In my opinion he has been one of our best players this season.
Plus I'm sure he wanted to play in this one.

Still it's good to see O'Grady on the mend - he's another tough bugger. I have a lot of time for him also.

I have a feeling we're going to come good on Saturday.

eoinh
21/09/2002, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Counting Crow

I have a feeling we're going to come good on Saturday.

HMMM
I HAD THAT FEELING MYSELF!
:confused:
what is it with city away? i havent seen them away this season but it seems to be real Jeyckell and Hyde stuff.

im going to Tolka next friday though.