PDA

View Full Version : Danny & Motherwell

Royfor
10/10/2006, 11:38 AM
Cork City defender Danny Murphy wants to meet Motherwell manager Maurice Malpas before signing a pre-contract agreement. (Express)

CollegeTillIDie
14/10/2006, 10:49 AM
Would ye be due a fee at all in this case?

A face
14/10/2006, 11:33 AM
If he goes he goes, end of.

joeSoap
16/10/2006, 3:47 PM
Picture of him in todays Star in the stand at Motherwells game on Saturday.

wws
16/10/2006, 3:51 PM
shame, I always thought he had the talent to make it in the eircom league, yet another promising player fails to live up to his potential and ends in oblivion

pete
17/10/2006, 10:41 AM
If he goes he goes, end of.

His form has been average at best this year anyway.

razor
17/10/2006, 7:40 PM
And he has the cheek to try and hold the club to ransom.
His temperament was suspect early on, missed a lot of games, but it proved that Billy can do a job back there.
Is Ray Lally a left back? If so then we're sorted.

pete
18/10/2006, 9:50 AM
And he has the cheek to try and hold the club to ransom.

I wouldn't say it was like that. Players & clubs negotiate all the time but each party has to make the decision which is bets for them.

razor
18/10/2006, 10:53 AM
I wouldn't say it was like that. Players & clubs negotiate all the time but each party has to make the decision which is bets for them.I know pete, forgot to put in a smiley after that remark but from what i'm hearing on the streets, both Danny & City are oceans apart and with the new wage caps coming next season then its cheerio mate.

higgins
18/10/2006, 11:25 AM
His temperament was suspect early on, missed a lot of games, but it proved that Billy can do a job back there.

Billy Woods?
Is he not doing Kearneys job...

the rate things are going you'll need to clone the guy!

razor
18/10/2006, 3:50 PM
Billy Woods?
Is he not doing Kearneys job...

the rate things are going you'll need to clone the guy!
Super Billy is right, the unsung hero of our team.
In his day the greatest winger in the EL.
Little Liam will be back next season so Billy can drop back in to LB.

don ramo
21/10/2006, 12:23 PM
the money is coming into the ericom leauge alraedy players are not holding clubs to ransom they just want there fair share after all if your a professional football player your career is only around 15 years long if your lucky, but some clubs would prefer to let a great player go than give them an extra 200 a week youll never build a team with attitudes like that.
Ye should build a clubhouse on the grounds if ye can its extra revenue for the club more revenue more money for the players wages, cant just rely on gates

pete
21/10/2006, 2:03 PM
...you'll never build a team with attitudes like that.

Come back to me when your club is adding debt to make it into the Premier division.

:rolleyes:

A face
21/10/2006, 10:02 PM
the money is coming into the ericom leauge alraedy

What money ??

players are not holding clubs to ransom

yeah they are, some of them have admitted it quite openly.

they just want there fair share

And that fine .... but when they agree on it then they cant come back every five minutes to up it after their 'advisors' tell them they need their 'fair share'

after all if your a professional football player your career is only around 15 years long if your lucky,

What happens after the 15 years, do they just die, roll over and bow out, no more contribuation to society. The average guy on the street will chance his career 3-4 in his lifetime .... why cant players do it ??

I have never got a decent answer to that?

but some clubs would prefer to let a great player go than give them an extra 200 a week

Clubs have to cut their cloth accordingly .... prudence ..... within their capability ..... NOT over it, as has been done by clubs in that past.

youll never build a team with attitudes like that.

Yeah you will.

Ye should build a clubhouse on the grounds if ye can its extra revenue for the club more revenue more money for the players wages, cant just rely on gates

Good point .... i'll get right on it.

pete
22/10/2006, 9:36 AM
What happens after the 15 years, do they just die, roll over and bow out, no more contribuation to society. The average guy on the street will chance his career 3-4 in his lifetime .... why cant players do it ??

Good topic. This isn't the Premiership so no player goinbg to make enough money to retire. Its probably more important they have a connection somewhere with opportunities to manage or coach once the playing career is over.

Fair_play_boy
16/11/2006, 11:46 PM
Good topic. This isn't the Premiership so no player goinbg to make enough money to retire. Its probably more important they have a connection somewhere with opportunities to manage or coach once the playing career is over.Looking around the present City squad, only three players come to mind as having definite future careers ready to turn to.
Hoggy should be on about €60k to €80k within five years of starting to practise as a solicitor.
Colin should be on about €40 to €45k as a development officer for the FAI.
Billy should be in the €45 to €65 bracket (including bonuses) as an experienced car sales man.
I have said this before, but there is an issue about the welfare of players when they retire from the game. There are not that many opportunities to use your soccer skills in future employment, and it is not as if being a player qualifies you for much else.