PDA

View Full Version : New Talent

rambler14
09/10/2006, 9:58 PM
There are a lot of players out there playing good football week in week out & are being totally ignored by Staunton and Kerr before him. These players are Irish and have declared for us unlike Kevin Nolan and deserve a chance.
Players like:- Richie Foran with Motherwell (scored a hat-trick last week & scoring in every other game)
- Rory Delap with Sunderland (Solid and dependable)
- Stephen McPhail with Cardiff (been there best player by a mile this season)
- Lee Carsley with Everton (Always gives a 100%)
I honestly believe that if you want a good Irish team you have to bring these players in & get rid of the space fillers like Alan O'Brien, Sean St. Ledger, Andy O'Brien, Kevin Kilbane, etc....
This is where Staunton fails miserably he cant pick a squad to save his life.

Soper
09/10/2006, 10:02 PM
McPhail has not been Cardiff's 'best player by a mile' !!!

Foran is rubbish.

Delap is past it.

Carsley was never good when he played for us before.

rambler14
09/10/2006, 10:14 PM
Mcphail has set up most of Cardiffs goals this year and has been a powerhouse in midfield i know this because i support cardiff.
Foran isnt crap either how can he be crap when hes scoring goals.
Carsley is a man on form thats what we need thats why we are crap none of the players are on form.
Delap is not past hes a solid utility player.

You see its people like u who complain about a team but cant think of a solution at least im coming up with ideas! If u think the players r so bad u come up with players who r good enough to be added 2 the squad!

Soper
09/10/2006, 10:21 PM
I have in about 3432112 different threads.Also, I actually support Cardiff in that I live there and go to the matches, and whilst McPhail has been good, he hasn't been City's best, and he has protection in the form of Scimica.As a Cobh fan you won't like this, but Joe Gamble needs to be given a proper chance, as he is a defensive midfielder, the type of player we need to make the tackles instead of the two liabilities in O'Shea and Kilbane.

Jason Byrne also deserves a proper chance, and not just a token gesture, as well as a few others in the Eircom League.

theworm2345
09/10/2006, 10:25 PM
I disagree, we did pretty well last campaign and not too bad in either of the campaigns before that, why not bring the players from those teams who arent past their prime back?

kingp35
10/10/2006, 11:19 AM
Jason Byrne also deserves a proper chance, and not just a token gesture, as well as a few others in the Eircom League.

Joe Gamble I agree with, Jason Byrne does not deserve to be in the squad.

eirebhoy
10/10/2006, 1:28 PM
Foran isnt crap either how can he be crap when hes scoring goals.

He has scored 1 league goal this season. Robbie Keane scored the same amount of goals last season as Foran has in his 2 years at Motherwell. Consider the difference in quality of the Premiership and SPL and also consider the fact that most Irish fans probably think Keane deserves to be dropped.