A Derry v Rovers final i'd say.

JC_GUFC
09/10/2006, 5:58 PM
Amazingly Paddy Power have already updated their odds

Derry 5/4
Pat's 3/1
Rovers 7/2
Rovers 7/2

http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=show_type_by_main_market&ev_class_id=&id=1457&category=SOCCER&selectvcgrp=3075&disp_cat_id=

dfx-
09/10/2006, 5:59 PM
Happy enough with that.

......:cool:

Burny89
09/10/2006, 6:48 PM
tough line up! best anybody could really have hoped for was a home draw

OneRedArmy
09/10/2006, 7:54 PM
it would be good to see the two games on the telly. i reckon that the fai are praying for a shamrock rovers v derry final, around 18000 + at final in lansdowne?Final at Tolka.

Lansdowne is unavailable due to rugby autumn internationals iirc.

JC_GUFC
09/10/2006, 7:58 PM
it would be good to see the two games on the telly. i reckon that the fai are praying for a shamrock rovers v derry final, around 18000 + at final in lansdowne?

The last time there was a Rovers v Derry final Rovers didn't sell out their section of Tolka. I wanted a ticket for the Derry side and a tout wouldn't swap claiming he wouldn't be able to sell the Rovers ticket!

red bellied
09/10/2006, 8:14 PM
ok. my apoligies, i reckon then the fai are praying for sligo v pats final , 6495 in attendance?.

Last time Rovers were in a cup final in 1994 took nearly ten thousand to Landsdowne heavily out numbering the Derry supporters. To be fair I think there was some sort of boycott of that final by the Derry supporters.

Raheny Red
09/10/2006, 8:23 PM
was that the year the stantion went on fire? rovers knocked out bhos in semi final?

Yep, and what a goal from Coyle! :ball:

red bellied
09/10/2006, 8:35 PM
was it not in 2002, derry winning 1-0?

Sligo Rovers v Derry in 1994.

forza
09/10/2006, 8:49 PM
so you are saying that sligo took nearly ten thousand to lansdowne in 94? im not taking the urine but what happened to them?

Your boring and speak crap :p

OneRedArmy
09/10/2006, 9:18 PM
so you are saying that sligo took nearly ten thousand to lansdowne in 94? im not taking the urine but what happened to them?Name me a club that doesn't bring a multiple of their regular home support to a cup final?

kdjaC
09/10/2006, 9:21 PM
Name me a club that doesn't bring a multiple of their regular home support to a cup final?

Exactly in our last final, i think there were more Pats fans than people who live in Inchicore.

Any of the 4 in the final would be a cracking athmosphere.

kdjac

Paddyfield
09/10/2006, 9:26 PM
Er, getting back to the topic. I reckon the semis could be better than the final. Two televised derby games. Sligo V Derry has a history of crackers and Pat's V Rovers (of the Shamrock variety) will have zest as it is an all Dub affair.

I hope to see the two Rovers' in the final!!!!

sligoman
09/10/2006, 9:28 PM
Name me a club that doesn't bring a multiple of their regular home support to a cup final?OneRedArmy, viking knows best, he WAS a Dublin City fan after all so he knows all about finals and great support;) :D

garyderry
09/10/2006, 9:28 PM
so you are saying that sligo took nearly ten thousand to lansdowne in 94? im not taking the urine but what happened to them?

Was at that game and Sligo had easy 10,000

el punter
09/10/2006, 11:24 PM
RTE showed a segment on the 6-One News about how the teams got to the final; footage of Shamrock Rovers v Bohs, saying Bohs were knocked out by their current tenants. They Also showed footage of Pats v Dundalk saying it was from their semi final match.

To think this was scripted by a professional sports journalist, then pre-recorded by a professional sports journalist with at least a sound crew in place and none of them managed to stop 2 mistakes in a one minute piece going out on the national news is very very sad.

JC_GUFC
09/10/2006, 11:30 PM
They also showed Sligo scored against Pat's - unless they know something the rest of us don't that was not even in the cup!

sligoman
09/10/2006, 11:32 PM
RTE showed a segment on the 6-One News about how the teams got to the final; footage of Shamrock Rovers v Bohs, saying Bohs were knocked out by their current tenantsThink it was the other way around, saying Shams knocked out their current landlords;).

And yeah the footage they showed of us was from a league game with Pat's, RTE ffs:rolleyes:

dcfcsteve
10/10/2006, 12:07 AM
Last time Rovers were in a cup final in 1994 took nearly ten thousand to Landsdowne heavily out numbering the Derry supporters. To be fair I think there was some sort of boycott of that final by the Derry supporters.

"Heavily outnumbering" the Derry fans my arse !

Think I can even dust-off the old VHS recording of it to confirm it as well.

londonhoop
10/10/2006, 8:50 AM
Final at Tolka.

Lansdowne is unavailable due to rugby autumn internationals iirc.

Ireland are playing rugby against South Africa on Nov 11, Australia on Nov 19 and Pacific Islands on Nov 26 so I don't see a clash with an FAI Cup final date of December 3.

manic da hoop
10/10/2006, 10:39 AM
Final IS at Lansdowne...FACT;)

londonhoop
10/10/2006, 10:44 AM
good lad manic.

dublinred
10/10/2006, 11:11 AM

Derry did have a crap crowd that day a few in the east stand and the south terrace there was defo some boycott from the Derry fans due to the price of tickets.

NY Hoop
10/10/2006, 11:54 AM
RTE showed a segment on the 6-One News about how the teams got to the final; footage of Shamrock Rovers v Bohs, saying Bohs were knocked out by their current tenants. They Also showed footage of Pats v Dundalk saying it was from their semi final match.

To think this was scripted by a professional sports journalist, then pre-recorded by a professional sports journalist with at least a sound crew in place and none of them managed to stop 2 mistakes in a one minute piece going out on the national news is very very sad.

Agree. Thundering disgrace. You can be sure if it was "cross-channel soccer2 they would get it right.

Very happy with a home draw. Hopefully Rovers v Derry final and revenge for 2002. WE WANT OUR TROPHY BACK!

koh

red bellied
10/10/2006, 12:38 PM

Derry had the East stand that day and there was dam all in it. Derry had most of their support on the terrace, three or four thousand.

Rovere filled the West stand and a few thousand on the terrace as well.

cathalsligo
10/10/2006, 12:57 PM
If the Cup Final is in Lansdowne, will this be the last game of football to be played in the old stadium. Should make it even more special.

manic da hoop
10/10/2006, 2:13 PM
Yes it will be. Weren't we the first club the play there back in the seventies? It would be appropriate for us to bring down the curtain on the venue.....even NY Hoop might go:eek:

NY Hoop
10/10/2006, 2:28 PM
Well if they didnt have the final in December and actually marketed the game no reason why 20,000 wouldnt be at it no matter who gets to the final. They lucked out last year.

KOH

Red4Eva
10/10/2006, 3:53 PM
Derry had the East stand that day and there was dam all in it. Derry had most of their support on the terrace, three or four thousand.

Rovere filled the West stand and a few thousand on the terrace as well.

i was only 8 back then but i remember think "such cheap c*nts" when i seen derry's stand so empty&all of em on da terrace. does any have an official attendance for that game? i'd be pretty confident in sayin we brought 10,000+ and we outnumbered derry

manic da hoop
10/10/2006, 4:15 PM

Remember myself and a mate standing in the ****ing rain as neutral observers. Only live around the corner from Lansdowene so decided to head along as I always did in those days. Aweful match, haven't been to a non-Rovers Cup Final since.

mypost
10/10/2006, 7:14 PM
Very happy with a home draw.

Doesn't really matter where it is, tbh. Rovers-Pats games are so dull and tight, that goals are always in short supply, no matter where it's played.

3 words for Hayser: Remember May 2nd.

This team with apparantly better players, have lost at home to Waterford of all teams, this season. Nobody else has managed that feat yet.

hoopy
10/10/2006, 7:49 PM
We have far too many better players than rovers.

So had Bohs

Dr.Nightdub
10/10/2006, 10:12 PM
Doesn't really matter where it is, tbh. Rovers-Pats games are so dull and tight, that goals are always in short supply, no matter where it's played.

Yeah, like the 5-3 Pats win the last time we played youse in Tolka, two years ago.

Anyway, it makes no odds whether we lose to Rovers in the semi or Sligo / Derry in the Final, we're not gonna win it either way. So we may's well let somebody else have a "big day out."

Frankfurt Hoop
10/10/2006, 11:09 PM
Well, we're almost guaranteed to give away one clanger per game, so youse are going to get at least one.

It's the draw we all wanted, BTW, so it would be nice if some of you turn up!

NY Hoop
12/10/2006, 10:52 AM

3 words for Hayser: Remember May 2nd.

This team with apparantly better players, have lost at home to Waterford of all teams, this season. Nobody else has managed that feat yet.

Of course it matters where it is.

What doesnt matter is the result of previous games.

KOH

OneRedArmy
12/10/2006, 12:10 PM
i was only 8 back then but i remember think "such cheap c*nts" Right potty mouth back then weren't ya?