PDA

View Full Version : Alan Hunter's dream for the National Stadium and the eircom league...

patsh
19/09/2002, 2:13 PM
Did anybody hear "Sportscall" on RTE last Sunday?
Mr. Alan Hunter, the "voice of Irish soccer supporters", unveiled that he was involved in plans to build the new national stadium, and we "are not talking about a whole lot of money" to build it.
He will call it the "beehive" because the place will be "a hive of sports activity".
When asked about the fact that private investors would be mostly interested in the land, he said that "all this wasted land should be used for people who are willing to put their hands in their pockets".
He also said "that he could see no reason why some day we could'nt look at putting together the best of the eircom League, who would play for a Dublin soccer team, a sort of a 'super' Dubs, which could represent the Rep. of Ireland in the English premiership."
He observed that "there are some great, great players in the eircom league, and they haven't got a realistic chance of international recognition"
He went on "Our stadium offers the prospect of a super team coming from the republic to represent us in the premiership".
He also seemed to believe that "eircom Park was only a 25,000 seater".

I have mailed RTE, asking them some questions as to why they present Mr. Hunter as the voice of Irish supporters, how much research they have conducted on his organisation and what verifciation they have carried out on his claims. As yet, I'm waiting for an answer.

pete
19/09/2002, 3:54 PM
aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I think i'm catching the new mental condition of 2002 - Hunteritis.

:eek:

Colm
19/09/2002, 4:35 PM
Yeah, i heard it and it just cemented my theory that the guy is a complete moron.
This "super dubs" thing is a joke. He must be fairly stupid if he thinks that something like that could ever materialise. Since he is such a big "supporter" of Irish football jhe should realise that this sort of proposal woud destroy the el and be detrimental to irish soccer.
I cant understand why the media takes him and his ficticious organisation seriously
I mean what the fcukin name for a stadium is "the beehive"- we'd be the laughing stock of Europe!:rolleyes:

Schumi
19/09/2002, 4:35 PM
Does this idiot work in RTE or something? Why do they have him on so much without checking out who he is?

Éanna
19/09/2002, 7:28 PM
There wasn't really any confirmation needed, but here it is anyway. Alan Hunter is a total flaming nut-job. The guy is clean off his rocker! :rolleyes: :mad:

Jim Smith
20/09/2002, 12:30 AM
...that the whole Alan Hunter thing is not some attempt by RTE to make something along the lines of Trigger Happy TV that has gone horribly wrong?