PDA

View Full Version : Kilkenny City Manager sacked

teckno
08/10/2006, 10:04 PM
Kilkenny City parted company with manager Adrian Fitzpatrick over the week-end after a run of disappointing results.

“The Cats” are rooted to the bottom of the eircom League First Division and are understood to have a replacement lined up.

Dubliner Fitzpatrick said: "I m disappointed that it has come to an end and I wish the club well in the future.

"I feel that we have introduced a lot of excellent young players to the club who will go on to have good careers in this league.

"Unfortunately we weren’t able to get the rewards our efforts deserved. I’ll be taking some time out from the game but hope to return at some point in the future."
*from www.fai.ie

steno
08/10/2006, 10:09 PM
I feel sorry for him, read a article in the star today about him and Kilkenny city. Described their poor run as having the planet of the apes and not a monkey on his back.

In fairness he had a tough assignment down there with very little to work with. See also that he is taking time out from the game.

The club really need to keep a manager for more than one season.

Magicme
09/10/2006, 9:08 AM
I just dont see the point in them letting him go at this stage. Its this changing horses midstream stuff that really wrecks my head. Its not like a new manager is gonna do much for them. yeah they may catch us but thats about all. I just dont get it. Why not let him finish out the season and then get someone new in?

Mr A
09/10/2006, 10:19 AM
I disagree- if you're going to dump your manager this is the time to do it. Negotiations and contacts with players for next year would be starting fairly soon so if you want to give yourself time to appoint the new man and give him time to line up players then now is the time to do it.

Magicme
09/10/2006, 10:32 AM
I see your point but I dont see many managers who would be available at this time of the year either. So they will probably have a caretaker manager who will try get players in but then the new manager comes in and has to try and re-negotiate or work with what he/she's got. I think it would be better to keep him on til end of season but have him told that he was gone when the season finishes and then they can look for a new manager & get one in place pretty quickly.

joema
09/10/2006, 1:03 PM
Im a Kilkennyu City fan, yes we do exist and Im delighted he's gone, we have a replacement lined up so I dont see the problem. Feel sorry for the guy because he is a nice man but IMO he was too negative and could have IMO, done better with what he had at his disposal