PDA

View Full Version : Last day of the season?

Paddyfield
08/10/2006, 8:42 PM
Is it standard procedure to have all end-of-season games played on the final Sunday? Or does it only affect teams who are depending on final day results (relegation or promtion)?

dcfcsteve
08/10/2006, 8:44 PM
Keen to know myself Paddyfield, as need to book a flight over !

Anyone know ? Think I'll email the FAI to see if they've even thought about it yet.

DmanDmythDledge
08/10/2006, 8:44 PM
Wasn't Cork-Derry on a Friday last year?

Peadar
08/10/2006, 8:48 PM
Keen to know myself Paddyfield, as need to book a flight over !

Don't forget to tell your parents that you have a guest staying with you. ;)

I'd say we'll play on the Friday again.

pineapple stu
08/10/2006, 8:54 PM
They're all played at the same time, not necessarily on the Sunday.

I think in recent years it's been the Premier on the Friday and the First on the Saturday.

Sam Savic
08/10/2006, 10:41 PM
Only those games that affect the outcome of the League will be listed to play at the same time.

dcfcsteve
09/10/2006, 12:09 AM
Don't forget to tell your parents that you have a guest staying with you. ;)

Why - sure I never pull in Derry...! :p

No worries Peader - you're welcome back at the Bradley homestead. We could probably squeeze a couple more in as well if there's a group of yees heading up ?

I'd say we'll play on the Friday again.

The whole final day thing didn't really matter last year, as we were the only 2 teams that could win the league. If it goes to the wire again this year they'll doubtless want the games all on the same day, and I'm guessing that that would be the Friday as well.

GalwayFrancis
09/10/2006, 12:40 AM
Ya, having all the games at 7:45pm on a friday night would make more sense than a sunday. Friday night football is the best.

Magicme
09/10/2006, 10:38 AM
It doesnt matter whether wins of the league is dependent on the final day matches or not, last year the decree was that all Premier on the Friday and all First on the Saturday.

Oh and Mons get the (dubious) honour of being the last eL side to play in St Mels in 2nd last game of the season. The thousands of Mons fans will descend with sledgehammers to help with the demolishing! :D

Conor H
09/10/2006, 10:48 AM
Magicme i thought you were coming to Galway to celebrate winning the league with us?:cool:

Magicme
09/10/2006, 10:49 AM
Sure it will only take a few minutes to huff & puff and blow st Mels down...then I will be on the road over to join ya!

Lim till i die
09/10/2006, 11:12 AM
Oh and Mons get the (dubious) honour of being the last eL side to play in St Mels in 2nd last game of the season. The thousands of Mons fans will descend with sledgehammers to help with the demolishing! :D

Shur you could talk that place into coming down :p

Magicme
09/10/2006, 11:13 AM
Shur you could talk that place into coming down :p

:o I suppose I am a bit gabby....