PDA

View Full Version : Matthews for Bohs job?

Martinho II
08/10/2006, 6:37 PM
todays star on sunday have a article stating that Alan Matthews will be the next Bohs boss at end of season.According to their article, matthews has secured a two year absence from his banking job in first active. Gerry Cuffe also is a First Active employee.

interestin stuff . What do Boez fans think of this?

EnDai
08/10/2006, 6:38 PM
I think its hilarious! :) But hey, thats just me!

micls
08/10/2006, 7:02 PM
brilliant....trying to give other teams a chance :D

Longfordian
08/10/2006, 7:04 PM
I'd be surprised to be honest. He does work with Cuffe in First Active who has sounded him out in the past but I didn't hear anything about it in the last while. Bear in mind this same journalist wrote that he was going to get the sack if we didn't win the cup final in 2003..which was completely made up.

chippie0001
08/10/2006, 7:43 PM
todays star on sunday have a article stating that Alan Matthews will be the next Bohs boss at end of season.According to their article, matthews has secured a two year absence from his banking job in first active. Gerry Cuffe also is a First Active employee.

interestin stuff . What do Boez fans think of this?

I don't think its true at all and just to show you the level of the journalism and the investigation involved, Gerry Cuffe does not work for the First Active and has not for well over a year or so. As they say a page does not refuse ink

hoopy
08/10/2006, 7:43 PM
If he is going to Bohs then surely only 1 years leave of absence was needed

sligoman
08/10/2006, 10:49 PM
*waits for thread to descend into Bohs/Shams fighting with each other*

BohDiddley
09/10/2006, 9:59 AM
*waits for thread to descend into Bohs/Shams fighting with each other*
Go and find someone from Killester to argue with.

Dodge
09/10/2006, 10:15 AM
In fairness thats discussing a player's talent. Not really the same as the usual tripe (oh and I agree that all clubs do it)

Dodge
09/10/2006, 10:42 AM
yeah, thats fair enough

wws
09/10/2006, 10:49 AM
id take that over

"rovers fans we salute you"

or "im so proud of us cheering killester tonight (from a sligo fan)"

two of the most cringeworthy threads in the history of this site

and thats saying something :D

BohsPartisan
09/10/2006, 10:56 AM
Back on topic, was there anything in today's papers about the Bohs managers job?

Lim till i die
09/10/2006, 11:10 AM
Pat Dolan - You heard it here first ;)

Rory H
09/10/2006, 11:20 AM
id take that over

"rovers fans we salute you"

or "im so proud of us cheering killester tonight (from a sligo fan)"

two of the most cringeworthy threads in the history of this site

and thats saying something :D

words from someone saying something....jesus thats great

sorry for saying well done to our fans...im embarassed

BohsPartisan
09/10/2006, 11:31 AM
words from someone saying something....jesus thats great

sorry for saying well done to our fans...im embarassed

Whos bickering now? PLEASE KEEP THIS ON TOPIC! :mad:

Sonic
09/10/2006, 11:51 AM
i think he wud be a great acquisition for bohs:rolleyes:

Schumi
09/10/2006, 12:52 PM
Alan Matthews will be the next Bohs boss at end of season.You heard it here (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?p=495203&highlight=matthews#post495203) first.

bigmac
09/10/2006, 12:58 PM
Pat Dolan - You heard it here first ;)

Well he was in Dalymount for the Waterford match - would he give up his media work though?

NY Hoop
09/10/2006, 1:14 PM
Mediocre manager for a mediocre club. Dont forget his long ball tactics and wanting to go back to mudball.

Progression? You're having a laugh.

KOH

BohsPartisan
09/10/2006, 1:19 PM
Mediocre manager for a mediocre club. Dont forget his long ball tactics and wanting to go back to mudball.

Progression? You're having a laugh.

KOH

Eh did you miss something? Alan Mathews will not be our next manager. Story also said he'd be unveiled today. Has this happened? Its tabloid nonsense. How many managers were "definitely" going to manage us so far?

NY Hoop
09/10/2006, 2:15 PM
Eh did you miss something? Alan Mathews will not be our next manager. Story also said he'd be unveiled today. Has this happened? Its tabloid nonsense. How many managers were "definitely" going to manage us so far?

WHAT?! You mean a tabloid wrote a fictional story? NO WAY!

And its on foot.ie which means its FACT:D

KOH

Longfordian
09/10/2006, 4:58 PM
He's told the club he's not had any approach from Bohs apparently. Doesn't seem to be much in this story, makes you wonder where it came out of. It'd be no great shock if he was interested in taking the job if approached though

centre mid
09/10/2006, 5:04 PM
Have to say, Mathews wouldnt be my first choice

CharlesThompson
09/10/2006, 7:34 PM
Have to say, Mathews wouldnt be my first choice

I don't think Matthews would be anybody's first choice to be honest. From a footballing point of view my own favourite would be Dolan but apparently there is more chance of Ollie Byrne becomeing manager of Bohs since Fenlon was our* first choice so Dolan got the hump (sic.) :p

However it seems that if anyone from the league is to be our manager and is to be appointed before the end of the season then Connor would seem to be in the frame.

Having said all of that I don't think that we should restrict ourselves to eL managers and we should look at bringing in a proven manager from outside the league.

Sonic
10/10/2006, 2:36 PM
I think ur underestimating matthews he truely is a great manager!!!:ball:

dublin15bohs
10/10/2006, 8:31 PM
O'Connor for me dolan would have been my first choice