PDA

View Full Version : inflation for cup games

mouldymurphy
18/09/2002, 11:10 AM
not only can you get a student tickets for the cup games but the prices are gone up for adults:
from citynet:
Tucket details for Derry Cup Semi
The FAI Cup Semi-Final against Derry City will take place on Friday, October 4th at 7.45pm at Turner's Cross. The clash will be an all-ticket affair. Tickets will cost €10 for adults and €4 for Under-14s. The tickets are printed by the FAI, who also govern the prices. The tickets will be on sale by next Tuesday at The Evergreen Bar, PJ Turner's Beergarden, Lough Tavern, Lough Laundrette, Lennox's Bandon Road, and the following Cashmans outlets: Maylor Street, Douglas and Dillons Cross.

pete
18/09/2002, 2:39 PM
IMO city should increase prices for leage games too for next season as almost all other clubs charging 10 euro already & the facilities at the cross are as good as anywhere now.

Besides Lennox seems to actually make good use of the revenue.

patsh
19/09/2002, 7:19 AM
I'd agree, pete.
All games out the cross should be €10. If City are at present only getting €4.75 per person through the gate (B. Lennox's figure), a small increase is in order.

pete
19/09/2002, 9:02 AM
Originally posted by oddboy
I'd agree, pete.
All games out the cross should be €10. If City are at present only getting €4.75 per person through the gate (B. Lennox's figure), a small increase is in order.

€4.75 is an average per person i presume?

Macy
19/09/2002, 9:53 AM
€10 for adults is fair enough I'd say, the big issue here is that the concession is under 14, with no student tickets.....

€10 is pretty much standard for covered stands these days, with €8 for uncovered.....

Troy.McClure
19/09/2002, 9:58 AM
YA, how hard is it to have a student price? Pats was only €6 for the stand on Monday for me.:mad:

Hecko
19/09/2002, 10:18 AM
At Pats on Monday there were lads in suits getting in for 6 quid. One of teh problems with student tickets is that people take the p***. As well, its taking teh stewrads long enough to let the crowd in at the X already, how long would it be if they were checking IDs??:D

Éanna
19/09/2002, 11:33 AM
Yeah it is Pete. he mentioned that thats the average they work on at the moment- it was in the echo the other day.
AFAIK, city have a student price of a fiver for league games, but something was mentioned to me about no student prices for FAI cup games

patsh
19/09/2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by pete

Yep, he said that is the figure they work from.
btw, he also said €1200 for the MFA and the half time draw nearly covers the ref/ass ref costs.

pete
19/09/2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
btw, he also said €1200 for the MFA and the half time draw nearly covers the ref/ass ref costs.

No wonder the MFA wouldn't sell the cross if they takeing in at least half that 1200.

:eek:

Schumi
19/09/2002, 1:58 PM
Originally posted by Éanna

AFAIK, city have a student price of a fiver for league games, but something was mentioned to me about no student prices for FAI cup games

They do alright, I only paid €5 into the Cork - UCD game. I don't think I paid full price into the cup games in Belfield and Dalymount though.