PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news - it gets worse...

shakermaker1982
08/10/2006, 12:53 PM
Miller has pulled out of Wednesday's game due to a knee injury so Stan decides to bring in Kelly, a right back. FFS.

Skysports news tv.

blobbyblob
08/10/2006, 12:57 PM
Youre wrong there - it cant get worse - weve hit the bottom already.

OwlsFan
08/10/2006, 1:06 PM
Miller has pulled out of Wednesday'S game due to a knee injury so Stan decides to bring in Kelly, a right back. FFS.

Skysports news tv.

I suspect he'll move Finnan to left back and play Kelly at right full and move O'Shea back to midfield so not as mad as you think (apart from letting O'Shea anywhere near the field).

BobbySands
08/10/2006, 1:10 PM
I wouldn't worry too much. I never thought I'd say this but I think we need to be well beaten on Wednesday for the sake of the team. If we pull a draw out of the bag (highly unlikely) the Staunton/Delaney alliance will be vindicated and we'll be forced to endure this farce for the duration of the campaign. Our ratings will be through the floor.

I'd also suggest it's time to reevaluate Robbie Keanes "first name on the teamsheet" status. Since Saipan he's displayed a terrible whingey attitude and frankly has been dire.

tetsujin1979
08/10/2006, 1:14 PM
I'd imagine O'Shea will play centre half beside O'Brien, with Dunne suspended the only other centre half in the squad is McShane, correct??

OwlsFan
08/10/2006, 1:20 PM
Which brings us on to the team for the Czech game:

Kenny

Finnan O'Brien Kilbane :rolleyes: Kelly

Duff O'Shea :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Douglas McGeady

Keane

Doyle (Lee)

Is it too late to send for McCarthy or even Coghlan from Wednesday and also Carsley ?

Dodge
08/10/2006, 1:46 PM
There's no way he'll play kIlbane centre half and O'Shea in midfield.

Is there? :o

gufct
08/10/2006, 2:01 PM
i was there lads and believe me John O'shea is taking thew **** he was booed by the majority of fans after the final goal everytime he touched the ball. McGeady and the 3 subs were the only ones who raised a gallop and GUFC's back four are better than irelands at the moment. Lee was the only player to come over and applaud the fans at the end !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

ifk101
08/10/2006, 2:02 PM
Who's going to mark Kohler?

blobbyblob
08/10/2006, 2:06 PM
Following his appearance on Sky Ones "The Match", Steve Staunton has called up Brian McFadden to the squad.

More to come...

eamoss
08/10/2006, 3:12 PM
I wud stay this wud be the starting line up for wed

Kenny

Finnan O'Brien O'Shea Kelly

McGeady Ireland Kilbane Duff

Keane Doyle/Lee

onenilgameover
08/10/2006, 3:19 PM
stan is really quite hilarious....

ireland can not start again..

i think we need to shoot o'shea and kilbane and possibly cripple o'brien...

there is nothing that can be done to rescue weds

the team will be irrelevant...we might get stuck in a come out losing by the odd goal...but what does it matter...the whole set up is tatters

theworm2345
08/10/2006, 4:00 PM
What an idiot
WE NEED A FORWARD
Doyle probably wont be ready (Ankle injurys dont go from unplayable to fully fit in 5 days from my experiences with ankle injurys) and Lee is too unexperienced to really be effective for 90 minutes, also why replace a midfielder like Miller with a defender like Kelly?
Dammit what an idiot

Stuttgart88
08/10/2006, 4:45 PM
It has to be said that Quinn & Andy Reid return anyway. We lose one midfielder and gain two.

Makes sense. I'm ****ed off with Staunton & his players but this decision, in isolation, can't really be knocked.

Miller's no loss anyway.

Quinn will be an addition.

God, I can't even bring myself to think about who to play on Wednesday. I'd call up Graham Coughlan and Paddy McCarthy and make Alan Quinn captain. These 3 alone will play with the proper spirit & aggression.

Not the most considered of responses but we're all allowed to lose it a bit after yesterday.

Godspeed Owen Garvan & Joey O'Brien's recoveries.

shakermaker1982
08/10/2006, 4:56 PM
My new look side: We might get a pasting but at least they'll give it a go.

-------Henderson---------

St Ledger ---McCarthy----McShane-----LB =?

MacGeady-----Quinn----Carsley----A Reid----Duff

-----------------Doyle-------------

stojkovic
08/10/2006, 9:35 PM
Miller has pulled out of Wednesday's game due to a knee injury so Stan decides to bring in Kelly, a right back. FFS.

Skysports news tv.Knowing Stan its probably Gary fcuking Kelly.

FarBeag
08/10/2006, 9:43 PM
Dennis Irwin played a blinder for the Legends v the celebs this evening. I am sure Mr Staunton was watching his old mate.Why not?

dfx-
08/10/2006, 9:43 PM
Youre wrong there - it cant get worse - weve hit the bottom already.

*looks nervously at the home San Marino fixture*:o

galwayhoop
09/10/2006, 9:29 AM
GUFC's back four are better than irelands

but wes charles plays for St Vincent & the Grenadines...... with dunne suspended on wednesday we'd still have to play o'brien:eek:

drinkfeckarse
09/10/2006, 1:40 PM
stan is really quite hilarious....

ireland can not start again..

I'd rather see players like Ireland start than the likes of Kilbane. These players are our future and have to get into the mix sometime. Kilbane has had about 70 games to try and convince us he's decent and he's only managed to trick us on about 5 occasions. I can't knock his commitment at all but he's simply not up to it and we have to play options who might turn out to be key players for us.

This campaign is lost already in my eyes so lets stick with Ireland, McGeady, McShane etc. They can fit in, it's just up to the manager to try and find the right balance.

shakermaker1982
09/10/2006, 1:43 PM
Duff A Reid Quinn ? MacGeady

5 man midfield with Doyle upfront. If we had Carlsey he'd replace the question mark.

Metrostars
09/10/2006, 1:46 PM
My new look side: We might get a pasting but at least they'll give it a go.

-------Henderson---------

St Ledger ---McCarthy----McShane-----LB =?

MacGeady-----Quinn----Carsley----A Reid----Duff

-----------------Doyle-------------

LB="S. Staunton"???

kingp35
09/10/2006, 3:56 PM
Duff A Reid Quinn ? MacGeady

5 man midfield with Doyle upfront. If we had Carlsey he'd replace the question mark.

Why do people keep leaving out Douglas? He is the best central midfield player we have available at the moment!! He plays with passion, he can pass, he has a bit of bite about him and he loves to burst into the box and score goals. He has got to play!

Fergie's Son
09/10/2006, 3:59 PM
Actually Carlsley is the best central midfielder we have playing at the moment.

Kilbane has started 41 straight games for Ireland.

That upsets me greatly.

Closed Account 2
09/10/2006, 11:29 PM
Who's going to mark Kohler?

Jurgen Kohler retired a few years ago, it's the Czech fella Jan Koller we need to worry about.