PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

joema
07/10/2006, 10:17 PM
Kenny - 5
Finnan - 3
O'Shea - 2 (Please retire, and dont come back)
Dunne - 4
O'Brien - 3 (Go back to Portsmouth reserves, shocking display)

McGeady - 5
Ireland - 4
Kilbane - 2
Duff - 2

Keane - 2
Morrisson - 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, those are ratings out of 10!!!

pete
07/10/2006, 10:18 PM
Kenny - 5

I presume that a typo? What saves did he make?

theworm2345
07/10/2006, 10:19 PM
Kenny - 5
Finnan - 3
O'Shea - 2 (Please retire, and dont come back)
Dunne - 4
O'Brien - 3 (Go back to Portsmouth reserves, shocking display)

McGeady - 5
Ireland - 4
Kilbane - 2
Duff - 2

Keane - 2
Morrisson - 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, those are ratings out of 10!!!

Duff was much better than a 2, Kilbane probably a 3, Ireland did nothing besides that goal.
And how come so many people here cant spell Morrison

as_i_say
07/10/2006, 10:21 PM
how did mcgeady play?

Dodge
07/10/2006, 10:21 PM

About 3 or 4 actually. Could've been 10-2 pete...

joema
07/10/2006, 10:23 PM
About 3 or 4 actually. Could've been 10-2 pete...

Spot on Dodge, yes, Pete he was at fault for one goal - the second iirc but other than that he was by in large powerless to stop the other goals, he also made a good save before the Cypriot put the rebound away for the fifth goal. Kenny is a good keeper

joema
07/10/2006, 10:24 PM
how did mcgeady play?

Tbh not that bad, he was a bit isolated at times but that wasnt his fault and often happens to wide players

Dodge
07/10/2006, 10:25 PM
how did mcgeady play?

Worked hard, got no ball. Did nothing of note (which in a game where practically everybody did something terrible to note is a good thing)

higgins
07/10/2006, 10:26 PM
Kenny isnt a good keeper and proved it tonight. I'd have rated him about two for that save he pushed onto the bar. He does not communicate well with the back four.

Morisson got 2!!!!!!!!!
Expert at falling when the ball comes within two foot of him. He made no attempt to play football tonight. I'd have him as 0, honestly.

as_i_say
07/10/2006, 10:28 PM
in fairness to kenny it was his first competitive start-he's a decent keeper but without given we were always gonna be in trouble

Billsthoughts
07/10/2006, 10:28 PM
Worked hard, got no ball. Did nothing of note (which in a game where practically everybody did something terrible to note is a good thing)

I thought he looked good everytime he got the ball. why they didnt try and use him more is beyond me.
faded in the second half as it became apparent to everyone they were gonna get beat by cyprus and beaten well.

joema
07/10/2006, 10:29 PM
Duff was much better than a 2, Kilbane probably a 3, Ireland did nothing besides that goal.
And how come so many people here cant spell Morrison

I thought Duff was very poor tbh, when did he last play good for us?? Not much of a difference between a 2 rating and a 3 rating for Kilbane - he was crap - end of story.

Who cares how I spell his name, you know who I was talking about dont you??? Seriously, I hate it when people point out spelling mistakes - its pathetic - as long as you know what I mean whats the problem???

Iorfa
07/10/2006, 10:29 PM
Kenny 5 - Made some saves, but had no presence whatsoever.

Finnan 4 - Was outplayed by Cypriot wingers, unable to carry club form into the international set-up.
O'Brien 3 - Can look comfortable when has the time, but under pressure is a huge calamity. Was made to look outplayed by Cyprus.
Dunne 6 - Looked like he cared. Good goal.
O'Shea 2 - Unforgivable.

McGeady 6 - Never stopped running and working, pity no-one else seemed to be on the same wavelength
Kilbane 2 - Is not, and never will be, an international-class central midfielder for Ireland.
Ireland 3 - Well taken goal but was caught out of position on numerous occasions, and never tracked back when it was needed.
Duff 4 - Will we ever see the real Duffer again?

Keane -3 Was unlucky to hit the post, but this game needed a captain's performance and Robbie was nowhere near the task.
Morrison - 1 Was he playing?

Lee/Douglas/O'Brien/....... Good luck lads.

joema
07/10/2006, 10:30 PM
Kenny isnt a good keeper and proved it tonight. I'd have rated him about two for that save he pushed onto the bar. He does not communicate well with the back four.

Morisson got 2!!!!!!!!!
Expert at falling when the ball comes within two foot of him. He made no attempt to play football tonight. I'd have him as 0, honestly.

Yeah maybe a 0 would have been right on second thoughts.

shakermaker1982
07/10/2006, 11:18 PM
The back 4 = -5

Kilbane = -6

Keano = 1

tricky_colour
08/10/2006, 12:32 AM

He did get a hand to Cyprus's first chance, I believe, which was put down as a miss by the striker.

pete
08/10/2006, 10:33 AM
Kenny conceded 5 goals to the 109th ranked country in the world. Did he get 1 point for each goal conceded. He is a Premiership keeper so I don't buy this first competitive start rubbish. He also let in 4 in his last game so hardly his first time to ship so many goals. He was unbeliveably woeful for the 2nd Cyprus goal - shocking position & slow as hell.

OwlsFan
08/10/2006, 10:38 AM
Kenny 5 - Made some saves, but had no presence whatsoever.

Finnan 4 - Was outplayed by Cypriot wingers, unable to carry club form into the international set-up.
O'Brien 3 - Can look comfortable when has the time, but under pressure is a huge calamity. Was made to look outplayed by Cyprus.
Dunne 6 - Looked like he cared. Good goal.
O'Shea 2 - Unforgivable.

McGeady 6 - Never stopped running and working, pity no-one else seemed to be on the same wavelength
Kilbane 2 - Is not, and never will be, an international-class central midfielder for Ireland.
Ireland 3 - Well taken goal but was caught out of position on numerous occasions, and never tracked back when it was needed.
Duff 4 - Will we ever see the real Duffer again?

Keane -3 Was unlucky to hit the post, but this game needed a captain's performance and Robbie was nowhere near the task.
Morrison - 1 Was he playing?

Lee/Douglas/O'Brien/....... Good luck lads.

Pretty much agree with that except I'd change round Duff and McGeady. Duff made the crosses and worked hard until the end. McGeady was ok (gave away the ball for 1 of their goals) but no more than that. The rest a disaster.

inexile
08/10/2006, 10:47 AM
kenny 5 - some good saves but mistake for the second goal, bit slow off his line in general

finnan 2 - maybe benitez is right in looking for a new right full
dunne 6 - tried very hard, like the dutch lad with his fist in the dike
o'brien 1 - shocking at fault for three goals
o' shea 1 - can't pass, can't head, can't tackle and he started out as centre half??

mcgeady 7 - looked dangerous whenever he got the ball, worked hard
ireland 4 - good goal, not much else sadly
kilbane 3 - usual honest endevour fcuk all else
duff 5 - probably his best performance for us in a while which says enough but kept trying and put in a few crosses

keane - 2 captain?? no leadership and no impact again
morrison - 0 he fell over... a lot

Dun Laoire
08/10/2006, 10:48 AM
We missed shay so much last night. Kenny doesnt have what it takes imo. Shay has without doubt been our best player and has kept us in games. While it's great having a keeper like shay it's shocking to think he is the only one that you could really say is doing his job for his country.

Milesmayhem24
08/10/2006, 12:17 PM
kenny 3 - one or two good saves, especially the one he tipped on to the bar. Terrible mistake for the second goal and poor communication with the back 4.

Finnan 2 - Don't know what's gone wrong with Finnan this season. He's been terrible for Liverpool this season and last night couldn't get near enough to stop the crosses coming in
Dunne 4 - Easily the best of the back 4 but that's not saying much! I dread to think what's going to happen on Wednesday without him and can only pray he doesn't decide to put Kilbane back there (or even O'Shea)
O'brien 1 - Disgraceful and if it's the last time he plays (which unfortunately it won't be) I won't be sorry to see him go.
0' shea 2 - As has already been said, he can't pass. head or tackle. Why is he on the pitch?

Mcgeady 5 - Did reasonably well when he got on the ball
Ireland 3 - Decent finish for the goal but sadly looked like it was too soon for him
Kilbane 3 - The only thing positive you can say is that he makes an effort. Unfortunately he lacks any ability whatsoever.
Duff 5.5 - Thought he was our best player last night and got a few crosses in. Still, he's nowhere near his old best. I'm afraid Chelsea may have ruined him

Keane - 2 This was definitely not a performance you'd expect from a captain.
morrison - 1 He's only getting a 1 because he turned up, like you used to get marks for writing your name in an exam! Hopeless!

eirebhoy
08/10/2006, 5:28 PM
I thought Duff played very well. He worked is arse off and showed more heart than anyone else last night. He did seem a bit predictable but hopefully a few months playing regularly at Newcastle will have him back to his best.

We really missed the presence of Given.

pineapple stu
08/10/2006, 7:50 PM
Kenny - 5. Only the second goal was his fault. Couple of good saves.

Finnan - 4. Nearly cost us a goal after 4 minutes.
O'Shea - 2. Directly responsible for the second (when he failed to close down the player crossing the ball despite having about seven minutes to do so), third (collective responsibility with most of the defence) and the fifth (when he runs away from the goal as the header goes in, all the time ignoring the player he was supposed to be marking, who promptly scores) goals. Quite possibly the worst player to have gained ten caps for his country.
O'Brien - 2. Directly responsible for the first and third goals. Lucky not to have been sent off for a crude challenge outside the box after already being booked. Decent player, but desparately needs first-team football. And a proper manager.
Dunne - 5. Scored a good goal. Unlucky to have been sent off - the second challenge wasn't a yellow.

Kilbane - 3. Didn't notice him.
Ireland - 4. Didn't notice him other than the goal. Gifted the Cypriots a chance in the first half with some typically suicidal play.
Duff - 6. Caused problems, crossed for both goals. Can expect two assists against Cyprus to be a match winning effort.
McGeady - 4. Directly responsible for the fourth goal, when he have the ball away far too easily ten yards outside his own box.

Keane - 3
Morrison - 3. Hardly see either. But then, they could have at least been given the ball. Thought Morrison was unlucky with an instinctive strike from the edge of the area wihch was cleared off the line.

Manager rating - 0
FAI chief rating - 0. Get rid of both now...

stojkovic
08/10/2006, 9:27 PM
morrison - 1 He's only getting a 1 because he turned up, like you used to get marks for writing your name in an exam! Hopeless!Brilliant. Thanks for cheering me up.

kingp35
09/10/2006, 1:54 PM
Why are people not seeing how poor Stephen Ireland was last night? I would rate him as a 2. He scored the goal but he was atotal liability. He didnt track back, he didnt tackle, he gave the ball away, he threw pathetic long balls into the box which went straight to the keeper. he was in there for creativity and created nothing. He better not start on Wednesday.