PDA

View Full Version : Clinton Morrison

pete
07/10/2006, 7:36 PM
Whats the point in playing him let alone having him in the squad?

I know hes done ok in the past but its been years since he put in any performance.

Get him out now!

:(

joema
07/10/2006, 7:43 PM
Clinton - go home to England and stay there, I never want to see him wear the green again

John83
07/10/2006, 9:17 PM
I really don't think he's the problem. He's a limited striker and competes now with Elliot and Doyle for a start. Give him a break. He didn't get sent off or make silly defensive errors tonight. O'Brien, O'Shea, Kilbane, Staunton... there are a lot of players with more to answer for right now.

joema
07/10/2006, 9:24 PM
I really don't think he's the problem. He's a limited striker and competes now with Elliot and Doyle for a start. Give him a break. He didn't get sent off or make silly defensive errors tonight. O'Brien, O'Shea, Kilbane, Staunton... there are a lot of players with more to answer for right now.

I have never liked Clinton, hes not good enough, hes a whinger and he is not Irish!!! He's not fit to wear the green IMO, btw he was crap tonight - he wasnt the only one

higgins
07/10/2006, 9:25 PM
One of his worst games ever :mad: and for him thats very low!

I hate the guy.
**** off Clint.....

We'd have played better with 10 men tonight. Made no effort to get to any balls and was more interested in winning a free then actully getting to the ball. He's a joke and Stan's an even bigger joke to be playing him.

shakermaker1982
07/10/2006, 11:22 PM
joke of a performance. He didn't look fit at all.

onenilgameover
08/10/2006, 1:22 AM
clinton had a bout as bad a game as keane...the team didnt function from back to front...it never got to the front in fact... again i dont blame anyone that played tonight really. sure im angry at o'shea (deary me) ireland (who was awful) kilbane- (please stop beaking my heart) ah im a little drunk to go on....the main thing is when something is rotten to the core there is not much that can be done....

pete
08/10/2006, 10:41 AM
I don't buy the unfit excuse as Morrison is playing club football most weeks. Apparently Andy Reid so unfit he not even kept for the bench so will have to assume Morrison fitter. I think he won a few free kicks for falling on the ground but he also lost as many for the same lame attempts.

I think its unfair to bring up the "not irish" thing but i also think he should be retired alongside Connolly.

Peadar
08/10/2006, 10:46 AM
Some of you are a joke! Clinton was picked to play, by an average defender who suddenly finds himself "managing" a national side. It's not Morrison's fault that de gaffur throws him out when he's not match fit. We were grateful for his goals in the last campaign, when Robbie Keane couldn't buy a goal.

DeNiro
08/10/2006, 11:55 AM
Did anyone else hear that him and Peter Taylor have fallen out? Seemingly he was told he won't play for the club again. He told Taylor he know s**** all about football! No worse that what we are saying about Clint!

Reddladd
08/10/2006, 12:20 PM
I said it about Morison before, he's the great pretender, all talk but can't walk the walk. How many more times is he going to be caught offside or give away stupid frees. Granted he wasn't the only one, but he's just a shaper. His head is up his own a*se!
Though there are a couple more who are seriously challenged in that way too.

billybunter
08/10/2006, 2:25 PM
guess who said it " the lads were buzzing around the place in training" "Clinton looked sharp" .....................

Did anyone see the staunton press conference? - the anger from yesterday has subsided in me, and now i genuinely feel sorry for him. he had that ' please fire me look to save me going through this torture" look about him......
o'shea is a complete fookin joke. fook off back to manchester and stay there. remove he remains of the saipan muppet show. - delaney, alan kelly, staunton - and start fresh. and the fai are pursuing dalglish??? for fux sake.

Fingal hoop
08/10/2006, 2:29 PM
I have never liked Clinton, hes not good enough, hes a whinger and he is not Irish!!! He's not fit to wear the green IMO, btw he was crap tonight - he wasnt the only one

he isnt Irish -why not?
Are Connolly & De`Valera not irish?

Fingal hoop
08/10/2006, 2:30 PM
guess who said it " the lads were buzzing around the place in training" "Clinton looked sharp" .....................

Did anyone see the staunton press conference? - the anger from yesterday has subsided in me, and now i genuinely feel sorry for him. he had that ' please fire me look to save me going through this torture" look about him......
o'shea is a complete fookin joke. fook off back to manchester and stay there. remove he remains of the saipan muppet show. - delaney, alan kelly, staunton - and start fresh. and the fai are pursuing dalglish??? for fux sake.

This is the post genesis world that Keane fought for-Thanks Roy

pineapple stu
08/10/2006, 8:27 PM
Utterly unfair to pick on Morrison for last night's debacle. Far more worse players on the pitch. Personal feelings about a player shouldn't be brought up every time we lose. The defence and the midfield was the problem last night. Morrison and Keane hardly saw the ball.

stojkovic
08/10/2006, 8:46 PM
Utterly unfair to pick on Morrison for last night's debacle. Far more worse players on the pitch. Personal feelings about a player shouldn't be brought up every time we lose. The defence and the midfield was the problem last night. Morrison and Keane hardly saw the ball.
What about his header from three yards out with an open goal (all eight yards of it) in front of him. Captain my arse.

theworm2345
08/10/2006, 9:20 PM
he isnt Irish -why not?
What about Aldridge, McAteer, Houghton, Cascarino*, D. Connolly, Steve Reid and all the rest?
BTW, isnt it always supposed to be de Valera, no capital D? Just checking
*Actually, he REALLY wasnt Irish (in blood at least, in his heart he must have been), I think he was adopted or his mother was so he didn't actually qualify

pineapple stu
08/10/2006, 9:29 PM
Yep, no capital "d" for "de". It indicates a Norman name. de Búrca, de Paor, etc.

FarBeag
08/10/2006, 9:30 PM
I dont particulary care where he is from, he is not able to play football.What has he ever done for us? Ok he huffs and he puffs and has scored a few goals but the guy is cack.I dont give a grannys arse if i ever see him in an Irish shirt again.

theworm2345
08/10/2006, 9:41 PM
I dont particulary care where he is from, he is not able to play football.What has he ever done for us? Ok he huffs and he puffs and has scored a few goals but the guy is cack.I dont give a grannys arse if i ever see him in an Irish shirt again.
Why because he wasnt at his best last night? He wasnt even 100% (a not-too-bad thigh injury), but Staunton threw him out there and he had a bad game. Perhaps he shouldnt have started but he can be useful.

Feech
08/10/2006, 9:41 PM
he isnt Irish -why not?

Didn't Connolly and de Valera fight for the right to be Irish?

Whereas Morrison prostituted himself to Sven's English team, was rejected, and so exercised his right to an Irish passport while showing his knowledge of all things Irish by saying things at press conferences like "I've never seen that game before" as the Irish team played GAA at training or "the Blarney Stone is made of emerald".

In my book that makes him a c*"t.

theworm2345
08/10/2006, 9:46 PM
Didn't Connolly and de Valera fight for the right to be Irish?

Whereas Morrison prostituted himself to Sven's English team, was rejected, and so exercised his right to an Irish passport while showing his knowledge of all things Irish by saying things at press conferences like "I've never seen that game before" as the Irish team played GAA at training or "the Blarney Stone is made of emerald".

In my book that makes him a c*"t.
Speaking of the Blarney Stone, is it true people **** on it? Thats what I heard after I kissed it, and I dont want to have kissed someones ****

FarBeag
08/10/2006, 9:53 PM
Why because he wasnt at his best last night? He wasnt even 100% (a not-too-bad thigh injury), but Staunton threw him out there and he had a bad game. Perhaps he shouldnt have started but he can be useful.

When did he play a good game of football either it be a club or International level? Opps I forgot, a carling cup game against Liverpool five years ago and then thought he should be in the English team before Michael Owen.Now lowly Palace don’t even want him.

theworm2345
08/10/2006, 11:18 PM
When did he play a good game of football either it be a club or International level? Opps I forgot, a carling cup game against Liverpool five years ago and then thought he should be in the English team before Michael Owen.Now lowly Palace don’t even want him.
Two matches that stand out are Cyprus (1st Leg WCQ) and China. Not only did he score in both, but also played pretty well. Though I could just be mixing Cyprus with just the whole team playing well

endabob1
09/10/2006, 7:30 AM
To be fair to Clint he scored some goals for us in the last campaign and him and Keane looked a good partnership for a while, he has got an attitude problem but some managers can manage him. Dowie got results out of him at Palalce even when he was used as a sub a lot of the time. Him and Taylor had a big bust up during the last Palace game and Taylor has said he'll never play for him again which probably meant he wasn't in the best frame of mind

skitz3
09/10/2006, 8:18 AM
Clinton decided he was "Oirish" when he realised he wasn't going to get a game for England!

He's an arseh*le and a very poor footballer!

kingp35
09/10/2006, 2:09 PM
i dont know why Morrison is coming in for all this criticism after last nights performance. The only passes he got were lumped up to him. The only thing he could do was try and win free kicks because even if he had won the headers there was no support for him.

There were far worse players that Morrison and its unfair to criticise the man for last nights performance.

shakermaker1982
09/10/2006, 2:26 PM
I don't think Clinton was fit - he always tries for us and runs around a lot so I don't mind him to be honest.

Irish_Praha
09/10/2006, 2:36 PM
Is this true? Dr. Morrison! :eek:
From a profile of Clinton Morrison
http://www.answers.com/topic/clinton-morrison

Other Information
He received an honorary doctorate in 2005 for services to Irish football from Professor Fitzsimons of Dublin University for promoting racial equality in football. Often referred to as ´The Doctor` by his teammates and commentators he is seen as an inspiration for many and continues to attain plaudits for his talents.

:cool: :confused:

Block G Raptor
09/10/2006, 4:01 PM
maybe he could open a surgery out in portmarnock and try and save our dying qualification campaign before wednesday. couldn't do any worse than Staunton surely

John83
09/10/2006, 5:33 PM
Is this true? Dr. Morrison! :eek:
Sure, why not? Honorary doctorates are two a penny. Means nothing.

BaZmO*
09/10/2006, 9:48 PM
He's the original Great Pretender. He'd give you the impression that he works really hard for the team while all he's doing is just running about with no real confiction and jumping for headers with no real intention of winning the ball.

He reminds me of a kid that would mime in a school choir just to get off lessons.