PDA

View Full Version : New Irish manager

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

theleprechaun
07/10/2006, 7:07 PM
basically stan has to go. and i will throw my hat into the ring. i am 17 have no previous experience so i am ideal for the job. any support will be greatly appreciated

sligoman
07/10/2006, 7:08 PM
Can I be you're assistant?;) I'm 18.

inexile
07/10/2006, 7:08 PM
i might pip you to it im 24 and won the champions league with limerick fc and shels

Guy Incognito
07/10/2006, 7:09 PM
Hell, give it to Souness! I'd love to see him and Dunphy reunited on Irish T.V.

KarlosMendosa
07/10/2006, 7:18 PM
ALAN CURBISHLEY!!!
John Aldridge
Jacques Santini
Gerard Houllier
Stephen Kenny
George Graham
Jack Charlton

Any dutch manager

....should have went for Guus Hiddink when we had the chance.

dancinpants
07/10/2006, 7:19 PM
Stephen Kenny

Hands off!! :D

Red&White Rover
07/10/2006, 7:21 PM
Im 15, with previous experience of managing clubs like River Plate, Sligo Rovers, Leeds, Barcelona, Plymouth, Arsenal, Preston, Athlone, Spain...and most other clubs...I have won numerous number of Accolades, including 2 F.A. Cups and a Champions League with Preston, Uefa Cup with Leeds and a World Cup with Spain plus more. My philosophy is if a man with Coaching Experience of Walsall assistant manager, im sure i could do just as good a job with my Champ Man exploits.

backstothewall
07/10/2006, 7:22 PM
Has he resigned yet? Thats not me asking a puthy question in support of him by the way, i am seriusly asking if he has resigned yet. Any if not whats keeping him

Soper
07/10/2006, 7:22 PM
We need Fat Pat

DeNiro
07/10/2006, 7:23 PM
....should have went for Guus Hiddink when we had the chance.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%.

pete
07/10/2006, 7:28 PM
We need Fat Pat

I fail too see how he will save us...? :confused:

sligoman
07/10/2006, 7:29 PM
I fail too see how he will save us...? :confused:He's worth a try though:p.

pete
07/10/2006, 7:38 PM
He's worth a try though:p.

I see the old Parental Advisory sticker so maybe he has some of that passion Staunton is always on about? :p

When thinks this bad can only laugh. :eek:

geezer
07/10/2006, 7:42 PM
if its a culture of winning tony is the man 6 on the trot...history for the gufc
also some of them playing reserves with some of the teams in england getting games and all the Derry,Cork and shels players being ignored is not right

joema
07/10/2006, 7:42 PM
Yep, Im pretty handy on football manager I think I deserve a chance

Soper
07/10/2006, 7:43 PM
Maybe he can threaten to have the players kneecapped fi they play as rubbish as they have been.

theworm2345
07/10/2006, 7:44 PM
I got Wolves promoted and won 4 consecutive Champions Leauge, EPL, Carling Cup and FA Cups--on FIFA 06, that must count for something?
How about Foot.ie as a manager. We all vote on who gets picked and who plays.
They did something like this for the Schaumburg Flyers baseball team in the suburbs
http://www.flyersbaseball.com/

pete
07/10/2006, 7:47 PM

I think there was some club in the lower french leagues who had website members pick the team. Not sure how they worked out...

backstothewall
07/10/2006, 7:51 PM
F*ck Fat Pat, get Big Sam!!!

wws
07/10/2006, 8:21 PM
ITS NEVER TOO LATE TO GET THE GREAT MAN BACK
he was totally sticthed up last time and the fruits of the efforts of the backstabbers and their cheerleaders in the irish independent group are there for all to see in Cyprus tonite

a sham

lets get real about the pick of players we have and where they're at
and put back in a man who at least tries to get them to prepare and play properly
and a man who got those useless shower of self regarding idiots to push the world cup finalists and qtr finalists very close in qualifying for the last event junket

now after two games of a suppossed "man who understands our prem geniouses" we're basically out and a laughing stock

we found our level tonight

theworm2345
07/10/2006, 8:26 PM
Kerr's team let up 5 goals in the whole of World Cup Qualifying. Staunton's let up 5 in one match to Cyprus :eek:
Kerr lost 2 matches his whole Ireland career, one to the eventual World Champions, one to the eventual runners up for World Champions.
Staunton has lost 4 already, one to Chile :rolleyes: one to the Dutch (understandable perhaps, if it wasnt 4-0), one to the Germans (OK...), and one to Cyprus :eek:

Noelys Guitar
07/10/2006, 8:32 PM
Kerr was also a joker. Get as grip. Like inviting Hand back.

as_i_say
07/10/2006, 8:32 PM
leave out the kerr nonsense-some people have short memories. kerr got a decent crack o whip and while we didnt lose like that to a minnow we dont need his negativity now of all times. watching a kerr team was like watching paint dry-there was zero heart in many of our performances here. there needs to be a cull of players.

kilbane, morrison, andy o brien (shattered confidence), o shea (no reason for him to ever play for us in near future)

long, stokes , mcgeady, ireland, paddy mccarthy etc all need to be thrown in at deep end-this is all we have left.

also people on other threads calling dunne a mug-he's no mug. and robbie keane isnt either but they need to decide if they really give a sh!t any more.

theworm2345
07/10/2006, 8:39 PM
Kerr was also a joker. Get as grip. Like inviting Hand back.
Any chance we could get Big Jack out of retirement?

pineapple stu
07/10/2006, 8:43 PM
Yeah, and we can all go to the away games too and sit in the dugout! :D

Did we actually have a chance of getting Troussier or Hiddink, or were they just "links"? If we did, it's disgraceful that we ended up with Stan. (No offence at all to Stan, incidentally; I actually feel for him. After 102 games for your country, you do not go about trying to do what was done tonight.)

sfc red
07/10/2006, 8:44 PM
Are you f8cking serious? Did you hear him commentating on TV3 tonight? What a tool.

Billsthoughts
07/10/2006, 8:44 PM
on the contary kerr is totally vindicated by the staunton era. he organised a poor bunch of players well enough so we didnt have to sit thru humiliations like this on a regular basis. this is a joke. staunton has been a disgrace since he took over.

backstothewall
07/10/2006, 8:45 PM
Co Adriaanse - Available, clean slate for all the players, Dutch, so probably good English

Curbishley - Available, successful, perhaps lacking a bit in passion, but good all round

Big Sam - Maybe available soon, gritty, gets the best out of players, ideal i would say

Louis Van Gaal - At AZ Alkmaar, we would be a bigger fish surely and he didn't get his reputation for nothing

Alex Mcleish - ex-Rangers, would annoy the Celtic shirt wearing saturday night rebel element of the fan base, a good thing imho. I think he could do well

Gary Megson - Could do well, available cheapish

Bryan Robson - Available, cheap, the sort of idiot they could go for

David O'Leary - For the love of God no!!!

Fivesilver
07/10/2006, 8:45 PM
Kerr got us FOURTH . . . behind ISRAEL.

Here's an original one - how about hiring a manager with experience that goes beyond youth football, League of Ireland or assistant coach in the English lower divisions?

wws
07/10/2006, 8:48 PM
I see the green leprechaun army still have no grasp on the reality of our current pick

go shake a shamrock in italy

or whatever you muppets do

you know nothing about football

nothing

pete

He is the most experienced irish manager currently available. Why do people knock him so much? Don't think he that bad.

theworm2345
After 102 games for your country, you do not go about trying to do what was done tonight.
Thats exactly why I put that last line in the petition. I want Staunton to be remembered for his amazing feats as a footballer, not his terrible mistakes as manager.
I said it in the other thread, how about Jack Charlton (now your all saying "Is he serious?") Well...

backstothewall
07/10/2006, 8:50 PM
posted this elsewhere but this thread seems more appropriate

Co Adriaanse - Available, clean slate for all the players, Dutch, so probably good English

Curbishley - Available, successful, perhaps lacking a bit in passion, but good all round

Big Sam - Maybe available soon, gritty, gets the best out of players, ideal i would say

Louis Van Gaal - At AZ Alkmaar, we would be a bigger fish surely and he didn't get his reputation for nothing

Alex Mcleish - ex-Rangers, would annoy the Celtic shirt wearing saturday night rebel element of the fan base, a good thing imho. I think he could do well

Gary Megson - Could do well, available cheapish

Bryan Robson - Available, cheap, the sort of idiot they could go for

Fivesilver
07/10/2006, 8:50 PM
....should have went for Guus Hiddink when we had the chance.

Agree 100%.

I know Hiddink fairly well, and he wouldn't have touched the Ireland job.

as_i_say
07/10/2006, 8:54 PM
i think o leary's personality grates on people-comes across as being an arrogant dismissive general git, but could well do a job for us, (as i say)

wws-exactly who are you referring to there? anyone who didnt enjoy the utter negativity and conservatism of the kerr era? do you remember switzerland, france, israel, russia?? the refusal to blood new players by kerr is a contributory factor in the mess we find ourselves in now.

get a grip

Fivesilver
07/10/2006, 8:55 PM
you know nothing about football

nothing

So Kerr was a roaring success, then?

joema
07/10/2006, 8:58 PM
Kerr was crap - he got sacked
Staunton is even worse - he has to go - NOW

wws
07/10/2006, 9:00 PM
to "as i say"
yes

i remember them well,

and watched with no surprise as two of them became 8th best and second best in the world cup we tried but failed to qualify for

remembered cyprus very well too - noted the trouble they gave us last time up front

looked at the team sheet and absence of given and backed cyprus accordingly this time out - (albeit conservatively on the handicap +1) - you see I look and learn from what is in front of me i dont fckin blindly think that by putting in an ex prem player and sacking kerr that all our troubles are gone - the same players are available - and cyprus aint changed much either

2 goals in the CL by Constadinou might have put some ppl on high alert - that is if they werent jerking off to sunderland drawing with some other championship level mugs on sky

as_i_say
07/10/2006, 9:06 PM
you look and learn from what? are you kerr in disguise? making the point that stan should not have been appointed is fairly obvious.

your sunderland jibe is laughable-this forum is for ireland fans only-nobody on here gives a sh*t about any english team unless there are irishmen involved and i would happily watch sunderland if elliot et al were playing.

Billsthoughts
07/10/2006, 9:08 PM
wws-exactly who are you referring to there? anyone who didnt enjoy the utter negativity and conservatism of the kerr era? do you remember switzerland, france, israel, russia?? the refusal to blood new players by kerr is a contributory factor in the mess we find ourselves in now.
get a grip

did you watch the game tonite? did you see the players we have? who was he supposed to blood? stephen ireland?????? we dont have the players full stop. he did as well as can be expected with players we have. he should have only been replaced by someone better. world class was the phrase bandied about at the time.:rolleyes: staunton does not even know how to organise his team never mind provide that little bit extra to get us to major tournaments. john delaney should be hauled in front of the media tonight and have every comment he made in the wake of not renewing kerrs contract thrown back in his face. On what basis did he appoint staunton? as I say its people like you who need to get a ****ing grip. we got trounced by a crap cyprus team tonite. we were a fecking embarressment and worst of all it has been coming since the dutch game.

wws
07/10/2006, 9:10 PM
the only laughable thing is the lerprechaun army - baying for blood at the end of teh last campaign - not realising just how poor the current crop and how over hyped they are - than fantasising over dreams of Martin O Neill or Guus hIDDINK SAVING THE DAY - TWO CLEVER MEN who wouldnt touch a sinking ship in a million years - no matter what money you offered them

so we end up with stan and the shambles that we witnessed tonight

tricky_colour
07/10/2006, 9:12 PM
So Kerr was a roaring success, then?

With Kerr we were in it untill the last match, now we appear to be out after the second.

Dodge
07/10/2006, 9:13 PM
Kerr's defence was always exceptional.

Fivesilver
07/10/2006, 9:13 PM
we dont have the players full stop.

Cyprus would be delighted to be able to have players in the first team at Man United, Liverpool, Spurs, Newcastle, Celtic etc.
We may not have a Giles, Brady, McGrath or Keane at the moment, but the idea that our problems are due to our resources is utterly laughable. Plenty of teams have done far better with less talented individuals.

Kerr's defence was always exceptional.

Most of them seem to be on here. :D

Billsthoughts
07/10/2006, 9:16 PM
yeah they would be. but seeing as they havent qualified for NOTHING EVER we shouldnt really be taking that much comfort from it.

higgins
07/10/2006, 9:18 PM
I have to say I kind of liked Kerr as manager and certainly didnt want him sacked. One problem with him was he didnt include enough Eircom League players, probably afraid to, but he was a million times better than Stan.

Delaney wanted someone who would send the team out with a bit of heart was it :eek: Was that what he was talking about tonight? That was easily worse than anything Kerr did.

Kerr made mistakes and by the end he probably should have held his hands up and not blamed the media but no manager is going to do everything correct, thats football.

I'd have Kerr back in a flash...

Stuttgart88
07/10/2006, 9:18 PM
Kerr back as manager? No thanks.

Kerr back as President of the FAI, with government & private investment and carte blanche to fundamentally reconstruct all aspects of Irish football? Yes please (sorry JB, not disregarding your personal experience).

el punter
07/10/2006, 9:19 PM
I agree with the school of thought that says Kerr never developed a second string of cover that could perform credibly for us when needed, and some of those chickens came home to roost today.

wws
07/10/2006, 9:21 PM
I agree with the school of thought that says Kerr never developed a second string of cover that could perform credibly for us when needed, and some of those chickens came home to roost today.

el punter i strongly disagree (as player development is a function of the clubs those players play with, NOT a function of an international manager)

the idea that international teams develop players is fanciful

as_i_say
07/10/2006, 9:24 PM
no i didnt see the game (nowhere to see it where i am), have only read reports so you'll have to forgive me for that. we had a depleted team tonight but it was still a team consisting of 10 premiership players but i just dont understand what this bring back kerr stuff is about. he had a campaign and a half, and while at the moment we do look utterly shambolic, we werent much better under kerr.

we never looked like beating ANY top team ever and i believe his conservatism contributed to our downfall in the last group. our 2 displays against the swiss were the most heartless i had ever seen, it just wasnt working for him a thte end- he had lost the confidence of the players- sure we were incredibly lucky to get a 1-0 in cyprus, we could easily have lost that game-what would the kerr backers have said then?

i believe it was right to let him go at the end of the last campaign but the FAI idiots made the colossal mistake of appointing a man who surely must have failed junior cert english as his replacement.

players need to be motivated-staunton is not capabale of this but the players need to take a good look at themselves now as well.