PDA

View Full Version : Let's look at the positives from tonight

Pages : [1] 2

sligoman
07/10/2006, 6:39 PM

When someone finds one, post them here...

Qwerty
07/10/2006, 6:40 PM
Nobody has been seriously injured...yet.

inexile
07/10/2006, 6:40 PM
thought you were serious there

Soper
07/10/2006, 6:41 PM
Stan will say '' 2 negatives make a positive''

irishbaz
07/10/2006, 6:43 PM
I wish you were joking but I know he will look on the bright side of the result

Marked Man
07/10/2006, 6:44 PM
Bright side is we were lucky it was only 5.

pete
07/10/2006, 6:45 PM
Stans post match interview handbook:

- We created chances (according to uefa.com we had 6 shots on target)
- The young players will learn more from a defeat than a victory
- We now what we can't do (i.e. play football)

:eek:

beautifulrock
07/10/2006, 6:46 PM
Bright side is we were lucky it was only 5.

yeah agree, they should have had two more

dancinpants
07/10/2006, 6:47 PM
The bright side SHOULD be "heads will roll"...from the top of the organisation to the bottom.

theleprechaun
07/10/2006, 6:47 PM

theleprechaun
07/10/2006, 6:49 PM
i suppose the only positive is that more of us did not spend that few hundred to watch that s**t

BobbySands
07/10/2006, 6:49 PM
The bright side is that Stan has to go now. His position is untenable. Everyone who was saying "well he's here now so we have to get behind him" can't support him any longer. He should go tonight. This campaign is over. We need a new manager sooner rather than later so lets not waste time. And I hope Robbie Keane has the foresight and decency to turn in the captains armband.

sligoman
07/10/2006, 6:51 PM
No players available for interview. That's definitely a positive because I really couldn't listen to any of them at the moment.

FootballsKing
07/10/2006, 6:51 PM
MOD EDIT I know its hard to remember but football really is only a game theres no need to wish that apon anyone

el punter
07/10/2006, 6:52 PM
knobhead Matt Holland keeps looking for positives

AAAARGH!!!!!

skitz3
07/10/2006, 6:52 PM
No players available for interview. That's definitely a positive because I really couldn't listen to any of them at the moment.

No,whoever made that decision is a f*cking coward!

loscherland
07/10/2006, 6:54 PM
A Positive: This result will hopefully be a catalyst for Staunton's resignation... & thus limit the damage he's doing before it becomes unrepairable. Stick your 4 year plan up your hole Stan. I'm embarrassed for everyone involved. There can be no excuses... and now for a song:

Dear Stan,

You don't know what you're doing,
you don't know what you're doing,
La la la la, hey,
La la la la...

theleprechaun
07/10/2006, 6:58 PM
great tune but stick in a few more hey hey's

dfx-
07/10/2006, 7:00 PM
Cyprus went easy on us in the last twenty minutes could be a positive

FootballsKing
07/10/2006, 7:10 PM
MOD EDIT I know its hard to remember but football really is only a game theres no need to wish that apon anyone

sorry about that.not thinking properly!

tricky_colour
07/10/2006, 7:18 PM
I was unable to see the match :D

hoops1
07/10/2006, 7:41 PM
Maybe they will look more to the natioanl league if it sees the EPL isnt
producing the quality anymore

pete
07/10/2006, 7:45 PM
Maybe they will look more to the natioanl league if it sees the EPL isnt producing the quality anymore

I believe only 5 of that squad play outside Cyprus. How did the eL side do against the Cypriot champiosn this year? BTW the Richard Dunne was a carbon copy of Dan Murrays into the same goal last July. :D

hoops1
07/10/2006, 7:48 PM
Im not just talking about picking the players I mean inverstment in Grounds
training facilities,schoolboy academys etc etc

ainsie
07/10/2006, 7:52 PM
First of all I'll say stan must go!!!!!
But who else, Delaney, O shea, O brien,Kilban...even go as far to say Keane. Where it easy to blame stan and he does shoulder a hugh amount of blame, what about the other bunch of clowns that pulled on the shirt that others have so proudly worn.
There was nothing out there.
Tell me did Scotland man for man have a better team than Ireland out tonight????

I dont think so, difference is they have an experienced compedent manager and 11 players that give a S**t about the country.

4 year plan my Ar*e...we'll be 6th seeds by then and not have a hope

backstothewall
07/10/2006, 7:58 PM
A positive, we got everyone in Cyprus a day off work i would imagine.

pete
07/10/2006, 8:00 PM
A positive, we got everyone in Cyprus a day off work i would imagine.

I doubt they really cared - they only had a few thousand home fans there.

The Swordsman
07/10/2006, 8:02 PM
I'm not going to be hungover tomorrow.

billybunter
07/10/2006, 8:32 PM
i thought mcgeady and duff did well. (just answering the question). mcdonald also made some key decisions. - stupid fookin kunt he is. we all knew about the cyprus front players - except stan and ronald mcdonald apparenlty. yet after 10 mins it was clear they would run riot - and what was done? - sweet fook all. stan to go, and take the other gimps to. (kelly, mcdonald and whoever else that muppet delaney brought along for the 4 year euro ride.

John83
07/10/2006, 8:50 PM
sorry about that.not thinking properly!
Damg, I'm curious now, what did you wish on him? By PM if you would. ;)

Fivesilver
07/10/2006, 8:53 PM
Er, there wasn't an earthquake during the game . . . :confused:

spaceghost
07/10/2006, 8:56 PM
staunton has to go before any more damage is done.tonight had to be our worst ever international performance.we made cyprus look like brazil.:o

The Stars
07/10/2006, 8:58 PM
positive:
Stan : "The lads got a great colour on there arms and necks".

Billsthoughts
07/10/2006, 10:21 PM
It might be a wake up call for Irish football. Might be reorganised from top to bottom. People in FAI might take some responsibility for decisions they made and resign.

Scratchy
07/10/2006, 10:27 PM
My positive from this game is that TV3 will only be showing one more of our qualifying games and we might just scrape a victory against San Marino. :D

From memory I think that TV3 showed our defeats against Yugoslavia and Croatia,our draw with Macedonia and our victory against Malta(all in the Euro 2000 campaign).

onenilgameover
08/10/2006, 1:03 AM
The bright side SHOULD be "heads will roll"...from the top of the organisation to the bottom.

dya reckon?

i doubt it!

mypost
08/10/2006, 4:28 AM
Cyprus went easy on us in the last twenty minutes could be a positive

Er no, rather it was bad finishing that saved us from losing 2-8.

You know things are bad, when Cyprus are taking the pis out of us, passing the ball around for fun in open countryside.*

*Also known as the Irish penalty area.

Advice for Staunton: Don't even think about opening a paper, or turning on a radio/tv in the next 4 days, or you might run into a man on the loose, who carries more threat than the Irish team. His surname is: Dunphy

drummerboy
08/10/2006, 9:15 AM
One positive is we only have to play Cyprus once over there in this round of qualificaion games

Peadar
08/10/2006, 9:22 AM
It's definitely a positive that we're one game closer to being rid of "de gaffur."

Hither green
08/10/2006, 10:04 AM
A Positive: This result will hopefully be a catalyst for Staunton's resignation... & thus limit the damage he's doing before it becomes unrepairable.

I agree with that. If we'd only lost 3-2, he'd have been able to make excuses and the team would have limped along, but nobody can dismiss the absurdity of this result.

Stuttgart88
08/10/2006, 10:11 AM
Im not just talking about picking the players I mean inverstment in Grounds
training facilities,schoolboy academys etc etc Somehow convincing the public to be more interested too.

27,000 at Leinster vs Munster on Friday. Homegrown international class talent on display. Fans proud to wear their team's colours.

God, I remember the thrill of seeing Ray bleedin Treacy & Pierce O'Leary as a kid at Milltown. Irish internationals you know.

Stuttgart88
08/10/2006, 10:19 AM
It might be a wake up call for Irish football. Might be reorganised from top to bottom. That's the only positive I can think of.

brine3
08/10/2006, 10:31 AM
Reorganising Irish football from top to bottom? Kerr was fired for having that kind of attitude.

The FAI is filled with scumbags who are only interested in furthering their own financial interests. Flying first class while the players are in coach. They treat every level of Irish football with the same disregard.

Noelys Guitar
08/10/2006, 10:36 AM
Even Dunphy was playing! It would take Sunderland type investment in at least 4 clubs in the longterm. Bohs have a lot of doh so they could kick-start it. Ronnie Whelans recent comments about Bohs bringing in a lot of East European players makes sense. Celtic, Hearts and numerous other clubs have gone this route. Also a few Brazilian's, Japanese, Chinese or wherever mixed with the local talent. Martin O'Neill said that all players care about is being payed and getting into the team. So if the money is right the top players will come.

shadowcabinet
08/10/2006, 10:46 AM
Even Dunphy was playing! It would take Sunderland type investment in at least 4 clubs in the longterm. Bohs have a lot of doh so they could kick-start it. Ronnie Whelans recent comments about Bohs bringing in a lot of East European players makes sense. Celtic, Hearts and numerous other clubs have gone this route. Also a few Brazilian's, Japanese, Chinese or wherever mixed with the local talent. Martin O'Neill said that all players care about is being payed and getting into the team. So if the money is right the top players will come.

While Boh's have the money, and can afford to bring in extra talent - it doesnt mean that the public will bother their arses going to games, and it all comes down to arses on seats. If attendences dont go up, then paying extra money for players becomes completely unsustainable.

I'm still sick after last nights result. Loads of things are racing through my head, the millions of euro going abroad on British clubs... wheras previously we exported our people, now we're exporting our ****ing money instead of developing our own game. There seems to be no basic cop on.

It's already been said, but the future of our international side lies in development of the game in our country, it's very simple.

Peadar
08/10/2006, 10:49 AM
I'm still sick after last nights result. Loads of things are racing through my head, the millions of euro going abroad on British clubs... wheras we exported our people, now we're exporting our ****ing money instead of developing our own game.~

What do you expect when we have John Delaney in charge. The man who praised Sligo for giving away tickets to a Man U game. He genuinely saw it as a positive for the league that Sligo were exporting fans to England.

shadowcabinet
08/10/2006, 10:54 AM
~

What do you expect when we have John Delaney in charge. The man who praised Sligo for giving away tickets to a Man U game. He genuinely saw it as a positive for the league that Sligo were exporting fans to England.

Oh I know I shouldnt expect anything else, that man is a buffoon.

Every so often though I lose touch with reality and expect something better than the mediocre from the FAI.

MarkyH
08/10/2006, 12:23 PM
The only postive I can see is that there will be a lot less of the ole ole barstoolers attending the games. Back to the hardcore.

blobbyblob
08/10/2006, 1:01 PM
It cant get any worse

holidaysong
08/10/2006, 6:08 PM
I missed the game as I was travelling home from Kildare County vs. Dundalk. Dundalk won and I missed the fiasco in Cyprus. Two positives for me right there.