PDA

View Full Version : Fahey's Fingers

Sniffer
07/10/2006, 3:42 PM
Surprised no one has mentioned it yet, but what was that all about. He's a nice player, is he related to Joey Barton?

Strabane_Harp
07/10/2006, 3:46 PM
u could work for the sun with headline writing like that

Sniffer
07/10/2006, 3:54 PM
I just like the sound of it:)

Poor Student
07/10/2006, 3:56 PM
The Sun and the Indo both have a caption of Fahey's two fingered salute. They both have the caption "Fahey celebrating". What's the point? Either have the balls to talk about what he's doing or don't show the pic.

Sniffer
07/10/2006, 4:24 PM
Saw it in the Star...thought it was a stock photo at first because the report and caption made no comment; bizarre stuff from our moral henchmen.

Bluebeard
07/10/2006, 5:50 PM
Am I the only one who saw a thread entitled "Fahey's Fingers" started by "Sniffer" and shuddered?

Dodge
07/10/2006, 6:38 PM
Getting stick from Drogheda fans for ten minutes leading up to the goal, scored and replied. See nothing wrong with it myself.

Only thing that ****es me off is opposing players running to taunt fans, Fahey did this 60-70 yards from Drogheda fans. Best free kick I've seen in this league too

wws
07/10/2006, 6:40 PM
two fingers to Paul Doolin who sacked him after a training ground bust up at Drogheda. That and a 35 yard free sending Doolin the perfect riposte.

Fck you Doolin.

That was the sweetest revenge for the happenings in our two previous games.

Dodge
07/10/2006, 6:42 PM
Nah it was directed at the fans, check your PMs on the Pats board :D

Paddyfield
07/10/2006, 7:17 PM
Aha. When I saw the photo, I figured that he must've scored twice :rolleyes:

ndrog
07/10/2006, 7:24 PM
two fingers to Paul Doolin who sacked him after a training ground bust up at Drogheda. That and a 35 yard free sending Doolin the perfect riposte.

Fck you Doolin.

That was the sweetest revenge for the happenings in our two previous games.

get your facts right .He was sacked because of his attitude and showing up half jared at training .Waht a pro :rolleyes:

wws
07/10/2006, 8:52 PM
cheers dodge I see what u mean! :rolleyes:

ndrog

i dnt give a rats arse how he got on with doolin at drogs

all i care about is how he plays for us

fot the record he flits in and out of games and is the best dead ball kicker in ireland since Martin Russell

kdjaC
07/10/2006, 11:26 PM
i dnt give a rats arse how he got on with doolin at drogs

At a club thats renowned for its passionate players.... yes dont we all love him at Pats ........... he brings harmony to a midfield too

kdjac

Dr.Nightdub
08/10/2006, 1:17 AM
Very simple really. Drogheda fans chanted "Alco, alco" every time Fats went near the ball. Fats smacked in a thirty-yard free and subsequently gave Doolin and the Drogheda fans the fingers as a fairly comprehensive fĂșck-you riposte. Anyone having hysterical hissy-fits over his gesture should simply tell themselves "If you can't take it, don't give it."

If it makes any Drogheda fans feel any better, consider this: if youse hadn't been abusing Fats, would he have been riled up enough to fire in that free? Probably not. Therefore your chanting was a direct cause of youse going 1-0 down.

Sometimes the poetic justice of football is just magic. :D

dcfcsteve
08/10/2006, 3:57 AM
fot the record he flits in and out of games and is the best dead ball kicker in ireland since Martin Russell

Nonesense. Kevin Deery is. Has been proving it all season - both domestically and in Europe.

Cosmo
08/10/2006, 10:22 AM
Very simple really. Drogheda fans chanted "Alco, alco" every time Fats went near the ball. Fats smacked in a thirty-yard free and subsequently gave Doolin and the Drogheda fans the fingers as a fairly comprehensive fĂșck-you riposte. Anyone having hysterical hissy-fits over his gesture should simply tell themselves "If you can't take it, don't give it."

If it makes any Drogheda fans feel any better, consider this: if youse hadn't been abusing Fats, would he have been riled up enough to fire in that free? Probably not. Therefore your chanting was a direct cause of youse going 1-0 down.

Sometimes the poetic justice of football is just magic. :D

See no problem with anything said there - and majority of drogs would 100% agree also I reckon!! Don't think many drogs will be crying over it - would hate to think were turning into the l@ngers!!

Still hope he gets hit with a fine or suspension though :p

robbieos88
08/10/2006, 1:47 PM
Any Drogheda fan who was offended by that get a life, yous got just what you deserved. What a free kick

wws
08/10/2006, 2:09 PM
Nonesense. Kevin Deery is. Has been proving it all season - both domestically and in Europe.

saw a free he got v gretna (was it?)

any others this season?

fats has two pearlers since his return from Drogs (and fairly certain he got at least one or maybe 2 others from frees in his time there - at drogs)

In any case no way was deerys in the same league as the beaut he hit on friday

MrJoeSoap
10/10/2006, 12:11 AM
Faheys free-kick, not too sure about Scully's "you wouldn't get that anywhere in the world" comments though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZRqW2YvB0Y

I'll have the one vs Shels up in a few minutes hopefully.

Deery's goal vs Gretna is in this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PehoWJ3xuMY

razor
10/10/2006, 9:12 AM
would hate to think were turning into the l@ngers!!Despite this celebration completely out of character for the boy, he's a lovely young fella and I won't have a word said against him.

Dodge
10/10/2006, 9:52 AM
Thanks for the link Joe. Stunning free kick

MrJoeSoap
10/10/2006, 1:20 PM
Joe. You got a link to Fahy's free kick V Shelbourne please?

It's in there, dodgy celebration and all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YViTuhd3j5Y

wws
10/10/2006, 2:16 PM
If the gesture was because Doolin sacked him, then has KF simply not shown that Doolin was right?

the gesture was two fingers to the drogs fans chanting "alco, alco" whenever he touched the ball. Nothing to do with Doolin. Sorted out your monkey chant problem? Last time I was in Oriel it was prevalent amongst the supportdown there any time a black player deigned to touch a ball.

Dodge
10/10/2006, 2:31 PM
If the gesture was because Doolin sacked him, then has KF simply not shown that Doolin was right?

Who the hell wants a Corner Boy like that at their club, regardless of whether he can take a free kick or not?

Also, players gesturing to the crowd appears to be a particular problem at St. Pats and its little wonder that their fans are falling over themselves to defend him.

One things for sure, that picture in the press did nothing for the league.

LOL at that last line. In fact the whole post is hilarious

wws
10/10/2006, 3:01 PM
i'll never forget that little git shane robinson gesturing to us when he was wit shamrock

and it was mid digit stuff and all!

shocked?

i nearly fell off my zimmerframe

hoops1
10/10/2006, 3:05 PM
A funny one at the game last night when that idiot Mc Carthy scored he
put the finger up to his mouth in a be quiet celebration.
Funny seen as though there was only 10 mins left they were still 2 goals and a man down and we were at the far end of the ground:eek:
Though it will probably be the highlight of his career

(On another point some class frees by Fahey lately)

Dodge
10/10/2006, 3:26 PM
Why do you think he was shipped off to pastures where such ruffianesque behaviour is appreciated. Shamrock Rovers FC say no to blaguardism.

They truely are an inspiration to us all

kdjaC
10/10/2006, 6:13 PM
"what would Rovers do?"

Release a dvd?

kdjac

Dodge
10/10/2006, 6:30 PM
ah let him have his moment lads it was bound to happen

yep, I dread ex Pats players playing against us for the first time.

Celdrog
10/10/2006, 9:39 PM
the gesture was two fingers to the drogs fans chanting "alco, alco" whenever he touched the ball. Nothing to do with Doolin. Sorted out your monkey chant problem? Last time I was in Oriel it was prevalent amongst the supportdown there any time a black player deigned to touch a ball.

You have a serious problem then. We play in United Park. Are you Keith Fahey in disguise because your memory is a bit clouded.
We don't do monkey chants. We slated Fabio for celebrating in front of Bohs fans but Pats fans defend Fahey.

Says a lot for ye.

Dodge
11/10/2006, 7:33 AM
You have a serious problem then. We play in United Park. Are you Keith Fahey in disguise because your memory is a bit clouded.
We don't do monkey chants. We slated Fabio for celebrating in front of Bohs fans but Pats fans defend Fahey.

Says a lot for ye.

Read above, if Fahey had've run to you he'd be out of order. He didn't. He stood exactly where he took the free kick from and gestured. Get over it...

ndrog
11/10/2006, 10:05 AM
As supporters who called him alco every time he touched the ball, we cant complain when fahy gives the finger .But he shouldnt have done it and should be punished .Great picture in the papers,just what the leauge needs .If every player who gets stick from opposing fans gives the fingers its gonna look great in the media .If i was in his position i would be sorely tempted to do the same, but hes a professional footballer and should be able to restrain himself .