PDA

View Full Version : Shocking

thedoyler
06/10/2006, 11:22 PM
Can it get any worse? We made UCD look like Brazil last night, sloppy defending, poor retention of the ball and terrible goalkeeping all combined to give us a 4-0 thrashing, and it could have been more. Ironic that we should have been one nil up before they scored. Once again an early goal conceded killed us. It'll be very difficult to get above waterford now, 10 goals conceded in 2 games, that's poor.

DmanDmythDledge
06/10/2006, 11:24 PM
Ironic that we should have been one nil up before they scored.
:confused: I don't remember this.

pineapple stu
07/10/2006, 2:32 AM
Yeah, Bray had a one-on-one just before Sammo had one as well. Hit it straight at Quigley. Really should have ben 1-0, although whether it'd have mattered in the end is a different issue.

I think in fairness to Bray, they're basically playing out the remainder of the season with a view to some serious regrouping next year. It's hard to lok at five more games of that kind of a performance, I'm sure, but Bray have a tendency to regroup well and bounce back, which is what they're really looking at now. From a Premier point of view, that was our biggest home Premier league win in ten years, so Bray basically need a year away from the Premier - tough as it may sound - before they can bounce back.

superfrank
07/10/2006, 10:01 AM
In all fairness the way we are going lately we don't deserve to be in the Premier and I think us being so poor will make the promotion/relegation issue a lot easier.

superfrank
07/10/2006, 10:09 AM
I just read this on the eleven-a-side match report:

"Ten goals conceded in a week, bottom of the table with a goals against column reading 56 goals in 25 games, it can hardly get much worse for Wanderers."

What else can be said??

iancruickshank
07/10/2006, 2:00 PM
Still waiting for the team to turn up for the game against UCD. Don't know if time in the first division might be the best thing. Hard to regroup when your getting thrashed the way we are. Can only see confidence returning in team with a string of wins behind it. Can only see that at the moment in the Ist. Div.

Seagull
07/10/2006, 2:17 PM
Yeah, Bray had a one-on-one just before Sammo had one as well. Hit it straight at Quigley. Really should have ben 1-0, although whether it'd have mattered in the end is a different issue.

I think in fairness to Bray, they're basically playing out the remainder of the season with a view to some serious regrouping next year. It's hard to lok at five more games of that kind of a performance, I'm sure, but Bray have a tendency to regroup well and bounce back, which is what they're really looking at now. From a Premier point of view, that was our biggest home Premier league win in ten years, so Bray basically need a year away from the Premier - tough as it may sound - before they can bounce back.
Gormley's first big mistake was picking O'Connor ahead of Rogers- did you see him flap at that cross????????? and as for the fourth goal... I think Wanderers will be down and out for a long time- it's not just talent that's missing. :(

pete
07/10/2006, 2:31 PM
This isn't meant as a wind up but what has happened your team? Ye were never world beaters & i think Zayed used to get good few goals but did you lose other key players?

:confused:

Without putting the knife in your current team must be worst in the Premier since Monaghan United in 2001/02

Poor Student
07/10/2006, 4:06 PM
I suppose it must be said, fair play to the Bray fans that came and for a while tried to sing last night. I know it's only a Dart away, but that's painful to watch.

It's bizarre that in a year where one team collapsed (which would ordinarily ensure safety for against automatic relegations) and a season where no relegation is possible at all, that we have two such poor teams rooted to the bottom.

Bray being saved from relegation could possibly be a disaster. Without the room needed to regroup that Stu talked about it could be another disasterous year. On the other hand, teams have been known to turn things around.

Grasshopper 99
09/10/2006, 5:08 PM
3 managers in 1 season, nothing but madness, that proves its neither of them that was the problem. what are the players doing. its like they dont care any more, get the fans out there at least they would play for the jersey with all there heart and give there all.

lowflyingseagul
10/10/2006, 7:24 AM
well not necessarily........it proves that new blood was needed when pat left instead of just the yes men that were with him running (are they really?) the show

BrayUnknowns
10/10/2006, 8:54 AM
This isn't meant as a wind up but what has happened your team? Ye were never world beaters & i think Zayed used to get good few goals but did you lose other key players?

:confused:

Without putting the knife in your current team must be worst in the Premier since Monaghan United in 2001/02

Not taking as a wind up, i think most Bray fans would agree with you !

Your right, we never have been world beaters and never will be with the management team and players we have in place at the moment. Being honest Zayed was probably our worst player of the season to date until we sold him. He didnt want to be at the club anymore, was'nt scoring goals, was'nt interested so we sold him. Excellent piece of business by the club. Our big loss was Wes Charles, why they let him go on a free ill never know, absolute madness ! he was by far the best defender we have had at the club in the last 10 years. The loss of Robbie Doyle and Colm James as well were scandalous from the club.

There are far to many players playing with Bray at the moment who are in the comfort zone, the rest of them are just not good enough and should not be playing senior football.

Things will only improve when the season finishes, BUT they need to get rid of Gormley and ALL of the backroom staff, not to mention half of our squad.

Dermot Keely should be the man to manage Bray Wanderers.

Grasshopper 99
10/10/2006, 2:28 PM
they wont spend money on a new manager, when eddie is doing too jobs or at least trying too.

superfrank
10/10/2006, 3:05 PM
If the Wicklow GAA can get Mick O'Dwyer, one of the best GAA managers of all time, surely we can get someone who can do a job.

Seagull
10/10/2006, 3:16 PM
If the Wicklow GAA can get Mick O'Dwyer, one of the best GAA managers of all time, surely we can get someone who can do a job.

If we had half the money the Wicklow GAA do...

Grasshopper 99
11/10/2006, 2:13 PM
The club is in a farse at the moment, for all we know we could do a Dublin City (remember them???)at the end off the season.

Seagull
11/10/2006, 3:14 PM
The club is in a farse at the moment, for all we know we could do a Dublin City (remember them???)at the end off the season.

The club is in a farse????????????? :confused:

Eoingull
11/10/2006, 5:29 PM
I don't think there's much chance of us doing a Dublin City, as the club seems to be operating within a set budget. However, I fear that the next time Wanderers are relegated, we will stay down for a long, long time. We have been going backwards to such a frightening degree, I could see us ending up with the type of profile currently "enjoyed" by the likes of Athlone Town.

RoscoSCM
12/10/2006, 11:37 AM
Not taking as a wind up, i think most Bray fans would agree with you !

Your right, we never have been world beaters and never will be with the management team and players we have in place at the moment. Being honest Zayed was probably our worst player of the season to date until we sold him. He didnt want to be at the club anymore, was'nt scoring goals, was'nt interested so we sold him. Excellent piece of business by the club. Our big loss was Wes Charles, why they let him go on a free ill never know, absolute madness ! he was by far the best defender we have had at the club in the last 10 years. The loss of Robbie Doyle and Colm James as well were scandalous from the club.

There are far to many players playing with Bray at the moment who are in the comfort zone, the rest of them are just not good enough and should not be playing senior football.

Things will only improve when the season finishes, BUT they need to get rid of Gormley and ALL of the backroom staff, not to mention half of our squad.

Dermot Keely should be the man to manage Bray Wanderers.

Bray didn't lose Robbie Doyle and Colm James. One of the first things Gormley did when he took over was terminate both of their contracts for no reason other than he didn't get on with them. The whole squad thinks it's a joke and Gormley has already turned a fairly sizeable part of the dressing room against him.

He was bad as a player since his return, but he's an even worse manager.

BrayUnknowns
12/10/2006, 1:10 PM
Bray didn't lose Robbie Doyle and Colm James. One of the first things Gormley did when he took over was terminate both of their contracts for no reason other than he didn't get on with them. The whole squad thinks it's a joke and Gormley has already turned a fairly sizeable part of the dressing room against him.

He was bad as a player since his return, but he's an even worse manager.

Actually Doyle left the club by mutual consent (http://www.braywanderers.ie/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/), he exercised a clause in his contract which allowed him to leave Bray Wanderers by mutual consent. James is actually still at the club and being paid by the club but has been totally frozen out and is not training with the 1st team or the U21's.

But your right it is a joke and he has lost most of the dressing room already, and only after 3 games ! he has the man management skills of Mick McCarthy and the tactical awareness of Graham Taylor ! he is a cheap option that will never take our club in the right direction. He's actually worse than McGuirk !

Things will even get worse for Gormley on Friday night, Philip Keogh(groin), Brian McGovern(pelvis), Stephen Gifford (thigh), Will Murphy (ankle) and Chris Deans (work commitments) are all unavailable (http://www.braywanderers.ie/content/view/677/).

GORMLEY OUT !

Hulsey
12/10/2006, 3:05 PM
Anyone else think the timing for the first ever live game out of the Carlisle couldn't have come at a worse time! Playing a team which beat us 6-0 2 weeks ago, after losing 4-0 to ucd last week and missing so many players. I'm actually starting to see going to see Bray as a inconvenience rather than a privalage at this stage and am seriously thinking of missing the game on Friday cos I couldn't bear to see another slaughter:( . Here's hoping for a powercut friday.........

notever
12/10/2006, 7:50 PM
It was bad last Friday but so was the R.O.I. in Cyprus and look what they did in front of the cameras last night. Bray might put in a performance like that in front of the cameras to-morow night.....heres hoping.

iancruickshank
12/10/2006, 9:38 PM
From what others seem to be saying, a win against Cork would be a bit of a result, even a draw would be amazing, but to see the lads play with a bit of passion and fight that they showed against Drogheda would be appreciated. Even to see that would be worth supporting!!!!!!!! From views from UCD supporters, other fans are noticing and talking not just about the players of Bray, but are paying tribute to the fans who keep supporting the team through this difficult time. I'll be there Friday!!!!!!!!

Rocky Rules
13/10/2006, 10:09 AM
Me too. Any team news?

BrayUnknowns
13/10/2006, 11:42 AM
Me too. Any team news?

Yeah and it's yet more bad news i'm affraid !

Bray Manager Eddie Gormley is struggling to get a fit eleven for the game against Cork City on Friday night.

Gormley will have to plan without Philip Keogh(groin), Brian McGovern(pelvis), Stephen Gifford (thigh), Will Murphy (ankle) and Chris Deans (work commitments) as he looks for a better performace from his side after the 6-0 defeat in Cork two weeks ago.

Ciarán Ryan and Lee Roche come back into the squad and Sean Fitzpatrick and Robert Manley are elevated from the under 21s.

From Bray Wanderers.ie

delighted for young Robbie Manley, good young player with a wicked left foot on him ! one of the most powerful shots in the league i reckon.

RoscoSCM
13/10/2006, 3:12 PM
Actually Doyle left the club by mutual consent (http://www.braywanderers.ie/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/), he exercised a clause in his contract which allowed him to leave Bray Wanderers by mutual consent. James is actually still at the club and being paid by the club but has been totally frozen out and is not training with the 1st team or the U21's.

But your right it is a joke and he has lost most of the dressing room already, and only after 3 games ! he has the man management skills of Mick McCarthy and the tactical awareness of Graham Taylor ! he is a cheap option that will never take our club in the right direction. He's actually worse than McGuirk !

Things will even get worse for Gormley on Friday night, Philip Keogh(groin), Brian McGovern(pelvis), Stephen Gifford (thigh), Will Murphy (ankle) and Chris Deans (work commitments) are all unavailable (http://www.braywanderers.ie/content/view/677/).

GORMLEY OUT !

The "mutual consent" was Robbie saying well if he doesn't want me I'll go. As for Colm James, he was brought into the managers office and the remainder of the money he is owed under his contract was handed to him in cash. He refused to take it and said he'd rather be paid by the week and play out his contract. He was then told he wouldn't be wanted at training or at matches. He's already got two offers on the table for next season though so I doubt he 'll be too upset at it.

BrayUnknowns
16/10/2006, 8:59 AM
The "mutual consent" was Robbie saying well if he doesn't want me I'll go. As for Colm James, he was brought into the managers office and the remainder of the money he is owed under his contract was handed to him in cash. He refused to take it and said he'd rather be paid by the week and play out his contract. He was then told he wouldn't be wanted at training or at matches. He's already got two offers on the table for next season though so I doubt he 'll be too upset at it.

Funny story......... :D Especially the part about James. You'll understand this over the next couple of matches.

Tobym
16/10/2006, 9:31 AM
Yeah and it's yet more bad news i'm affraid !

Bray Manager Eddie Gormley is struggling to get a fit eleven for the game against Cork City on Friday night.

Gormley will have to plan without Philip Keogh(groin), Brian McGovern(pelvis), Stephen Gifford (thigh), Will Murphy (ankle) and Chris Deans (work commitments) as he looks for a better performace from his side after the 6-0 defeat in Cork two weeks ago.

Ciarán Ryan and Lee Roche come back into the squad and Sean Fitzpatrick and Robert Manley are elevated from the under 21s.

From Bray Wanderers.ie

delighted for young Robbie Manley, good young player with a wicked left foot on him ! one of the most powerful shots in the league i reckon.

i defo agree about manley but did he even get on the bench?
as or lee roche whats happened there he scores v shels and gets dropped ever since?

BrayUnknowns
16/10/2006, 9:36 AM
i defo agree about manley but did he even get on the bench?
as or lee roche whats happened there he scores v shels and gets dropped ever since?

No Manley didn't make the bench, hopefully next time around. At least Gormley is willing to give the young lads a chance. Roche's preformances since he came to the club do not warrent a starting place IMO.

Hulsey
16/10/2006, 11:01 AM
No Manley didn't make the bench, hopefully next time around. At least Gormley is willing to give the young lads a chance. Roche's preformances since he came to the club do not warrent a starting place IMO.
Agree with ya on the roche issue. Defo one for the future but not ready quite yet. Looks promising though