PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Sligo Fans

Keego
06/10/2006, 9:14 AM
I was working at the game last night and have to say the sligo fans were great. They sang for the whole match and did not stop once. There was no trouble or fans on the pitch even thought there was about 2000 fans in the ground. This is how fans should be and fans of other clubs would do well to learn from the sligo fans

Rory H
06/10/2006, 9:17 AM
i was proud of us singing for killester at the end.....we were a credit to ourselves....

Jaime
06/10/2006, 9:32 AM
Surprised there were 2,000 there. :eek:

Conor H
06/10/2006, 9:32 AM
I was working at the game last night and have to say the sligo fans were great. They sang for the whole match and did not stop once. There was no trouble or fans on the pitch even thought there was about 2000 fans in the ground. This is how fans should be and fans of other clubs would do well to learn from the sligo fans

Well it is how most fans are.

The Stars
06/10/2006, 10:11 AM

no it not...thats why he made a thread about it.
If you were there last night you would have seen what he means.
I was proud to be a Sligo fan when we sang off Killester at the end,they really appreciated it aswell.

Conor H
06/10/2006, 10:18 AM
Well we always sing for 90 minutes.Derry do,Cork aswell,Rovers at away matches....most do!
I know what you're saying.There's plenty of times this year when we've been brillaint and there's no better feeling at the end of the game knowing you've been a credit to your club.Like for us Rovers away twice etc.Well done to yee anyway!

Keego
06/10/2006, 11:17 AM
One of the points I was making is that there was no trouble and no fans on the pitch when any of the goals were scored or at full time. Unlike other teams in our league

Student Mullet
06/10/2006, 11:43 AM
I hardly think a goal scored against Killester would cause Rovers fans to invade the pitch.It's only a marginally smaller achievment than scoring against Athlone.

Lim till i die
06/10/2006, 11:44 AM
Well we always sing for 90 minutes.

That's a lie, ye were ridiculosly quite in Limerick for all but twenty minutes.

Very few games have fans singing for the duration, fairplay Sligo, credit where it's due and all that :ball:

Redzer
06/10/2006, 12:03 PM
No it's not.

Getting a relatively undeserved last minute winner against a similarly matched team to reach our cup semi final is a matter for delerium. Needing one against a non league team is a matter for mortification.
So where does throwing flares onto the pitch, as well as a pitch invasion after scoring an equaliser come into your reckoning? :rolleyes:

Jaime
06/10/2006, 12:20 PM
i was proud of us singing for killester at the end.....we were a credit to ourselves....

That's wonderful, any chance you can sing for UCD tonight? I hear they're a bit shorthanded for the derby game.

Conor H
06/10/2006, 12:34 PM
That's a lie, ye were ridiculosly quite in Limerick for all but twenty minutes.

Very few games have fans singing for the duration, fairplay Sligo, credit where it's due and all that :ball:

Bull and you know it.Why did 3 Lims fans come up and sya it was one of the best all season?Typical of the anti Galway crap from Limerick.

Anyway well done Sligo.

Lim till i die
06/10/2006, 12:58 PM
Bull and you know it.

Your lying again Conor, typical of the Galway lies on here :rolleyes:

Feel free to reply, I'm not going to bother getting into another childish tit for tat though so you can consider this my final word on topic: Galway fans do not sing for 90 minutes at every game = FACT.

SligoBrewer
06/10/2006, 1:30 PM

Man you have no idea!

Last night was better than any home game that i have EVER been at.
non stop singing for 120 mins, new chants old chants.. one of the best nights of my life!:D

Conor H
06/10/2006, 1:48 PM
Your lying again Conor, typical of the Galway lies on here :rolleyes:

Feel free to reply, I'm not going to bother getting into another childish tit for tat though so you can consider this my final word on topic: Galway fans do not sing for 90 minutes at every game = FACT.

Coming from a fan who denied stones were thrown at GUFC fans.3 fans buddy on their wasy out said it was brillaint all through the match.Sour grapes evident here for sure.

Fivesilver
06/10/2006, 2:25 PM
Funny how the only thing guaranteed to get someone going off on a wobbler on this forum more than their team being slagged off is a positive comment about someone else's team.

cheifo
06/10/2006, 2:46 PM
Lordy Lordy lads, a fella comes on to pay a simple compliment and.....:rolleyes: