PDA

View Full Version : Was John Gregory offered the Bohs job?

Mr A
05/10/2006, 10:06 PM
Here's a quote from him after he joined QPR:

I went for one or two jobs that I wasn't successful in getting and I turned down a couple abroad - one in Ireland and one in Israel

Can't think of any other Irish club that would have offered him the job.

Kingdom
06/10/2006, 7:15 AM
Who said it was a club team? Maybe he was approached in some capacity with the national side?

ifk101
06/10/2006, 7:39 AM
Burger King on O'Connell St. are looking for staff at the moment .....

JC_GUFC
06/10/2006, 9:05 AM
Yes he was, Bohs fans will probably tell you that they didn't offer him the job though :rolleyes:

BohsPartisan
06/10/2006, 9:26 AM
How do you know JC?

BohDiddley
06/10/2006, 10:21 AM
He would say that.

A face
06/10/2006, 4:42 PM
He would say that.

Course he would, if he turned it down then he turned it down. What else do you want him to say ??

BohsPartisan
06/10/2006, 6:08 PM
JC was insinuating that Jim Duffy was offered the job and turned it down, as after the "revelation" that he turned it down came out we said he hadn't been offered the job. He later confirmed himself that he hadn't been offered it.

A face
06/10/2006, 6:14 PM
JC was insinuating that Jim Duffy was offered the job and turned it down, as after the "revelation" that he turned it down came out we said he hadn't been offered the job. He later confirmed himself that he hadn't been offered it.

Is there any fire underneath all the smoke ?? How did it start, was he seen at the club or something?

BohDiddley
07/10/2006, 1:08 PM
Course he would, if he turned it down then he turned it down. What else do you want him to say ??
He would say it whether he was offered it or not, because it makes him look good, and hanging around watching Crossroads doesn't.
There was a story the other day in which Duffy said he was offered the job. Then there was another in which he said he had withdrawn his candidacy because he hadn't been offered the job immediately: in other words, before he could be rejected. Which version do you believe?