PDA

View Full Version : Bray game

DmanDmythDledge
05/10/2006, 11:45 AM
Comfortable win should be expected. 2 or 3 goals to nil. I presume Finn is back from injury by now?

What time are we meeting at Spar?:D

pineapple stu
05/10/2006, 12:25 PM
Finn played in the 21s game against Trinity, so should be back in contention here. With respect to Bray, we haven't really seen Finn against a bottom half or worse team yet (bar Limerick, and he scored twice), so I'm looking forward to seeing how he does.

UCD for life
05/10/2006, 1:06 PM
was finn injured??

pineapple stu
05/10/2006, 1:12 PM
Got injured getting himself booked v Pat's. Was then suspended for the Cup game.

UCD for life
05/10/2006, 1:17 PM
that wasn't the best of ideas so!!:D yes your right finn should strive against the likes of bray who have been a real disapointment this season

Poor Student
05/10/2006, 6:23 PM
Form and the table say we should give them a beating, but I just can't ever take us seriously as comfortable favourites. We couldn't put them away earlier when we were better than them. I'll be cautiously optimistic about a win.

superfrank
05/10/2006, 6:50 PM
You'd be surprised to hear alot of Bray fans are talking up our chances, even after losing our last game 6-0!!!

I myself feel yis'll win by one or two.

Tis tough times for Bray fans.

ilovejam
05/10/2006, 6:50 PM
Form and the table say we should give them a beating, but I just can't ever take us seriously as comfortable favourites. We couldn't put them away earlier when we were better than them. I'll be cautiously optimistic about a win.
what form? the less than a hand full of goals in the last 10 or more games bar the cup game v limerick!

Defenseive form is good but attacking stats are shocking!

UCD should beat bray comfortably but dont have form on paper to back this up although they may be playing better than bray its no use at all if it doesnt go in the onion sack.

ilovejam
05/10/2006, 6:52 PM
You'd be surprised to hear alot of Bray fans are talking up our chances, even after losing our last game 6-0!!!

I myself feel yis'll win by one or two.

Tis tough times for Bray fans.
I feel they have every right to feel they have a chance because UCD cant seem to play against any team that is below them in terms of league positions and capabilities. Although a draw the more safer bet i reckon!!

superfrank
05/10/2006, 6:57 PM
Maybe so but we were shocking in the last game I saw, vs. Longford, and somehow I don't think a performance in a 6-0 defeat can be any better. I know we drew 1-1 against Drogs.

I still feel UCD will win.

Poor Student
05/10/2006, 7:32 PM
what form?

The form that says we're not losing very often recently in the league and they are.

ilovejam
05/10/2006, 7:40 PM
The form that says we're not losing very often recently in the league and they are.
yep but to one team thats playing bad ,against one that just simply cant score doesnt spell out that there will be goals to the amount you expect!

Poor Student
05/10/2006, 7:47 PM
yep but to one team thats playing bad ,against one that just simply cant score doesnt spell out that there will be goals to the amount you expect!

True, but then again this is also one of only two teams that shipped more than two goals against us in a defeat this season!

ilovejam
05/10/2006, 7:50 PM
True, but then again this is also one of only two teams that shipped more than two goals against us in a defeat this season!
well this time tomorrow all will be revealed! think the battle in middle is very important

Poor Student
05/10/2006, 7:53 PM
well this time tomorrow all will be revealed! think the battle in middle is very important

The reintroduction of Finn into the team should also provide a much needed spark missing from the team for the last few years.

pineapple stu
05/10/2006, 7:54 PM
Last time Bray visited, we'd scored one goal in the first four games of the season. And look what happened then...

ilovejam
05/10/2006, 7:57 PM
you can always rely on pinapple to open up his statpack and shoot you down where there is no come back:rolleyes:

Poor Student
05/10/2006, 7:59 PM
I'm pretty lost here.:confused:

pineapple stu
05/10/2006, 8:06 PM
you can always rely on pinapple to open up his statpack and shoot you down where there is no come back:rolleyes:
Just trying to justify the few bob I have on a home win tomorrow...

DmanDmythDledge
06/10/2006, 3:30 PM
Crowley, Shorthall, Dazza and Finn are back tonight, so almost a full squad to choose from.