PDA

View Full Version : Sligo MIGHT be looking for a new manager

BohsFans
04/10/2006, 5:52 PM
http://thebohs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=367

Not bad if true.

Hasn't he been getting abuse down there lately?

sfc red
04/10/2006, 6:09 PM
At this stage you should realise that no-one can be arsed logging onto a Bohs forum.

Do Sligo want Fenlon?

The Stars
04/10/2006, 6:12 PM
can you put up what it says...copy and paste job because you need to register to look at that.

TBH,i wouldnt be surprised if he did go....seem to remember a few weeks ago him selling himself to Bohs.Bit of a step backwards for him though.....:)
Top man all the same,but if he goes.....there will be murder.

The Stars
04/10/2006, 6:13 PM
Sligo dont want Fenlon at the moment....however if Sean does go,that could change.

The Stars
04/10/2006, 6:34 PM
Went on the Bohs forum and some guy said he heard at some meeting the club voted to get Sean as their new manager,and given the money they will have in the next few seasons it should be no problem getting him.......Sad day for Rovers if this is true.

sligoman
04/10/2006, 7:41 PM
Gorman for manager:p.

The Stars
04/10/2006, 7:54 PM
Gorman for manager:p.

actually,Gorman would be a good manager for Bohs...;)
Feel a Flag on the way,go on Gorman.

Mr A
04/10/2006, 8:50 PM
Gorman would be a good manager for Bohs...

Now there's a sentence I didn't think I'd see today!

Aaron
04/10/2006, 8:53 PM
I think Pascal Vaudequin wud be a gud manager for Harps. Better than Gorman anyway. I think Harps need a total overhaul, any player on their books i have never heard of bar Bradley, Cullen, Minnock and the two loan players. How the ****ey have fallen further!!!:D :D

Soper
04/10/2006, 8:55 PM
I think Gavin Dykes or Dermott Keely would be the ideal candidates for the Big Pub

Rory H
05/10/2006, 11:03 AM
Went on the Bohs forum and some guy said he heard at some meeting the club voted to get Sean as their new manager,and given the money they will have in the next few seasons it should be no problem getting him.......Sad day for Rovers if this is true.

it sounds really bad.....will set us back a lot if he goes..we wouldnt be where we were if it wasnt for him.....thing we have to do what the shels fans did for fenlon

Jerry The Saint
05/10/2006, 1:39 PM
we have to do what the shels fans did for fenlon

Go into denial:confused:

desaintsno.12
05/10/2006, 2:18 PM
Go into denial:confused:

:D :D

wws
05/10/2006, 2:43 PM
Just like Moses done

finnpark
05/10/2006, 3:31 PM
Ive posted on this forum and other forums that Sean Connor is the right man for the Bohs job, him and Kenny have proven themselves to be the top managers in the league.

He says he would take in a number of world class players from abroad thorugh his contacts and that he would sign the 6 best players in the eircom league along with the 5 best from the Irish league.

He has also stated that his first signing would be Peter Thompson from Lingfield.

I was never under any doubt that he would throw his name into the hat. Im pretty sure hes interested and there is doubt that he is the best option bar Kenny.

cheifo
05/10/2006, 4:12 PM
World class players?,who knows but in the meantime, how to beat Killester?

aido1895
05/10/2006, 4:25 PM
Ive posted on this forum and other forums that Sean Connor is the right man for the Bohs job, him and Kenny have proven themselves to be the top managers in the league.

He says he would take in a number of world class players from abroad thorugh his contacts and that he would sign the 6 best players in the eircom league along with the 5 best from the Irish league.

He has also stated that his first signing would be Peter Thompson from Lingfield.

I was never under any doubt that he would throw his name into the hat. Im pretty sure hes interested and there is doubt that he is the best option bar Kenny.

From the looks of it you've been taken in by him already ;)

dublinred
05/10/2006, 4:28 PM

His main contact has been supplying Rovers with players and managers for years Connor included.

BohsPartisan
05/10/2006, 4:44 PM
Hope his book of contacts is a big as our last manager's :D

:eek:

gustavo
05/10/2006, 5:06 PM

Dont mean to shoot the messenger but why doesnt he supply these playerrs to Rovers. Plus we were supposed to be linked with Birmingham City but that never got us any players at all.

micls
05/10/2006, 5:18 PM
Dont mean to shoot the messenger but why doesnt he supply these playerrs to Rovers. Plus we were supposed to be linked with Birmingham City but that never got us any players at all.

Because Bohs will be able to pay more and would give them greater incentive to sign

Fivesilver
05/10/2006, 9:48 PM
In fairness to Connor, he's done pretty well with the players he's brought in.
There's simply not the same kind of money sloshing around Sligo as there is in Dublin (especially if you're willing to sell a ground that's supposed to be a proud part of your history ;) ).

In the absence of attracting a major sponsor - easier said than done in the northwest - we have the choice of accepting a seat at the bottom table in perpetuity, or using the mercenary nature of modern players/managers to our benefit.

The latter takes effort and judgment, but we've done well out of it on several occasions. Managers who've come in talking about the "long haul" have almost invariably been useless.

If a manager intending to use Rovers as a "stepping stone" expects to be taken seriously, then it follows that he has to get good results.

Not ideal, but 'twill do.

Raheny Red
07/10/2006, 12:25 AM
Go into denial?

Actually we can't swim either :eek:

:D :D

dcfcsteve
07/10/2006, 4:41 AM

Really ? World Class ? Bearing in mind that the English football team up until recently only had one recognisably world class player (Beckham), you expect players of that calibre and above to join Bohs ??

As for the 6 best players in the EL - who are they ? Surely at least one must be at Derry City. McCourt ? Darren Kelly ? Ciaran Martyn ? I can't see anyone leaving City to play for Bohs.

Just sounds like the typical brovado sh!t that managers come out with and so very, very rarely deliver....