PDA

View Full Version : Cheer Up Tony

Neil
14/09/2002, 12:38 AM
Poor Tony O'Dowd was all excited after his team went 2-0 up. Then ..........

:D

You can cry if ya want ta Tony!

Éanna
14/09/2002, 2:36 AM
tony takes it.......................... :D

Counting Crow
14/09/2002, 9:35 AM
You know what guys we need more "O'Dowed's". He's entertaining and I think he enjoys us as much as we enjoy having a go at him every time he comes down here.

He still deserves every bit of it though.......!

By the way, what did the Corner Boys say to him towards the end of the 1st half? Whatever it was it seemed to get him really wound up.

Anyone able to clear up the mystery?

Éanna
14/09/2002, 12:21 PM
it's true, we could do with more like him, cos it adds to the athmosphere, and makes victory SO much sweeter:D

yiddo
14/09/2002, 12:48 PM
I didn't hear it myself but a punter who was sitting in derrynane near the corner boys told me after the game that they chanting "where your brother gone?" at Tony O'Dowd.(Remember his younger brother died around Cup final time a few year ago). I was in the shed and saw him wagging his finger at them and then he blessed himself. I couldn't hear from the shed what was being said but if this is true ( and I have no reason to disbelieve the guy who told me) its a disgrace.
Slagging and a certain level of abuse are acceptable but there has to a line beyond which supporters won't cross.

Anyone else know if this is really what happened???

SÓC
14/09/2002, 2:50 PM
I saw Tony point at the corner boys, make a 1-0 sign with his hands and then bless himself. Very bad form if they were singing that, the Bohs fans are always shouting that at him.

Another dissapointing thing from last nite was the idiots throwing bottles and giggling during the minutes silence.

Counting Crow
14/09/2002, 4:05 PM
Gotta agree with this. It's a disgrace if people were chanting that at the guy.

A few morons threw some coins also - you could see them shimmering in the light. Bad and all that plastic bottles of orange are, a coin could take someones eye out. The FAI will be down on us like a ton of bricks if this continues.

With such efforts being made on other fronts within the Club, it would be such a pity for some idiots to spoil the whole thing by doing something stupid like hurting a player or official. Could you imagine if they forced the Club to shut the Shed for some important game, like the next one against Pat's in Oct for instance.

It wouldn't have been the same last night if the Shed was empty.

AnnesRoadRebel
14/09/2002, 5:14 PM
I can confirm that the corner boys were singing "wheres your brother gone....whers your bother gone" etc...Shameful

AnnesRoadRebel
14/09/2002, 5:25 PM
I can confirm that the corner boys were singing "wheres your brother gone....whers your bother gone" etc...Shameful

Éanna
14/09/2002, 7:57 PM
Originally posted by AnnesRoadRebel
I can confirm that the corner boys were singing "wheres your brother gone....whers your bother gone" etc...Shameful thats appalling. where were the stewards. anyone doing that should be ****ed straight out never to return

shedite
15/09/2002, 6:41 PM
I remember Rovers fans doing the same with Dave Hill a few years ago with a deceased family member (possibly wife). It's definetely unacceptable but who's going to go down and tell the corner boys off? It's not school!

And there's no chance that those stewarts have any idea what the comment was about even if they did hear it.

Definately low though. If you're reading this corner boys, ye must be fairly boring ****ers. A game against Rovers and you have to stoop that low for a chant?

Éanna
17/09/2002, 5:30 PM
Originally posted by shedite
I remember Rovers fans doing the same with Dave Hill a few years ago with a deceased family member (possibly wife).
It was Hilly's brother, and I think when we heard it, we prided ourselves that no city fans would ever stoop that low- SHAME :mad:

Sid
18/09/2002, 6:53 PM
That was different it was Hilly's wife, she not dead he did a runner on his wife and kids. It was on the front page of the sun, he wen't out for milk one morning and ended up in eeeeeeeh Cork.

Éanna
18/09/2002, 7:35 PM
Originally posted by Sid
That was different it was Hilly's wife, she not dead he did a runner on his wife and kids. It was on the front page of the sun, he wen't out for milk one morning and ended up in eeeeeeeh Cork.
Yeah thats true about his wife.

But I remember his brother died a few years back as well, and he went to england for the funeral. His first gae back was away to rovers in santry, and I remember standing on the terrace listening to the rovers fans siging "where's your brother gone" and being absolutely disgusted.