PDA

View Full Version : FAI Muppets

Scram
02/10/2006, 9:52 PM
FAI Sent a letter to SPURS asking for confirmation of Andy Reid's availability for International duty. Fortunately, whoever got the letter at White Harte Lane forwarded it on to Charlton or you might have had FAI in 2 weeks saying "Reid shuns international duty"

DmanDmythDledge
02/10/2006, 9:55 PM
Where did you hear that? Not suprised by it.

Scram
02/10/2006, 9:59 PM
Where did you hear that? Not suprised by it.

In the Times today. Great football section, found it on the DART.

irishfan86
02/10/2006, 10:10 PM
This is an absolute joke, I really have nothing to say about this.

Purge the F.A.I. and get some ****ing brains in it.

Dr. Ogba
03/10/2006, 9:12 AM
I agree, absolute joke...can't believe you scrounged the Times on the Dart instead of paying for it like the rest of us...:cool:

NeilMcD
03/10/2006, 9:18 AM
Lads this was in about 3 threads yesterday.

RogerMilla
03/10/2006, 9:32 AM
was discussed a few times yesterday alright , can i just say i agree with the general thrust of the title though!

Stuttgart88
03/10/2006, 9:49 AM
Owls Fan, what do you think ? :)

macdermesser
03/10/2006, 12:59 PM
Lads this was in about 3 threads yesterday.

I actually remarked on one of the other threads that this level of buffonery deserved a thread on its own so that people that may has missed the story would have a chance to read about it

OwlsFan
03/10/2006, 1:07 PM
Owls Fan, what do you think ? :)

Well, I work in an office which has a large database of people we deal with and sometimes it doesn't get updated and we send stuff to the wrong address. Obviously someone in admin at the FAI cocked up and didn't update the database but it should obviously have been picked up by someone else.

Thankfully all my firm's errors are not reported in the Guardian or elsewhere and I suspect it would be the same for many of your organisations

Billsthoughts
03/10/2006, 1:20 PM
You would think that having an interest in Irish Football would be a prerequisite to getting any kind of job at the FAI. there are hardly a lot of players in the squad and less were involved in transfers. So this database you speak of is not massive. And the fact that the person works in a place were mistakes will be picked up by the media only goes to compound the carelessness and not excuse it. The FAI has a major image problem and this was a PR disaster.

hoops1
03/10/2006, 3:06 PM
Amazing, Will anyone lose there job over it? No
Would any other FA in Europe make the same mistake? No
Another example of Non football people in the FAI making
a testicle of things

Stuttgart88
03/10/2006, 3:46 PM
Thankfully all my firm's errors are not reported in the Guardian or elsewhere and I suspect it would be the same for many of your organisations
So they're blameless.

If I was unaware that one of my clients has moved company I'd have my ass hauled over coals.

What I don't get is when you hear " I was delighted when I got the text saying I was called up" type comment. Is that how it's done? By text?

Noelys Guitar
03/10/2006, 3:51 PM
Aileen McGeady called into squad by FAI fax!

eirebhoy
03/10/2006, 4:27 PM
What I don't get is when you hear " I was delighted when I got the text saying I was called up" type comment. Is that how it's done? By text?
Most players find out on Sky Sports News. :D

tetsujin1979
03/10/2006, 6:17 PM
Brentford's Jay Tabb called into squad following Alan Quinn pulling out.
Coventry's Jay Tabb left kicking his heels!!

Paddy Garcia
03/10/2006, 8:21 PM

I remember being in a car with a past international. His wife phoned to tell him he was in the squad. She saw it on teletext!!!! I could have told him - did not think for a sec. he would be unaware.

ccfcman
03/10/2006, 8:36 PM
Hilarious stuff, but I'm sure Merrion Square must have some awful feckin secretaries curse, 'cos this kind of fu*k up is tres regular!

Scram
03/10/2006, 9:51 PM
Well, I work in an office which has a large database of people we deal with and sometimes it doesn't get updated and we send stuff to the wrong address. Obviously someone in admin at the FAI cocked up and didn't update the database but it should obviously have been picked up by someone else.

If I were to send a letter to a high profile client's former employer requesting information, for example, on the ex-employee, months after a highly publicised move by the high profile client to a new employer, I would be submitting my CV to FAI headquarters as I would imagine that they would be one of the few organisations* who would accept and probably expect this level of competence (*or any other public body)

OwlsFan
04/10/2006, 7:37 AM
So they're blameless.

If I was unaware that one of my clients has moved company I'd have my ass hauled over coals.

I didn't say they were blameless. I said "Obviously someone in admin at the FAI cocked up and didn't update the database but it should obviously have been picked up by someone else."

Someone should be hauled over the coals for it I agree. However, the person who said someone should be sacked doesn't know labour law. Not that easy to dismiss people.

They should now do a review of procedures to ensure it doesn't happen again - that is the proper course of action. The reason this came home to me is that only yesterday we were writing to a defunct address of one of our major clients and the client phoned me reminding me that they had moved - our database hadn't been updated :o Thankfully it wasn't reported in the Guardian :D

NY Hoop
04/10/2006, 11:07 AM
Called into the ticket office last year to get tickets for someone going to an away game. Guy who served me was wearing a wankpool jersey:eek:

Emailed them asking why was an employee of the FAI wearing an english club jersey. They said he was on work experience. Oh that's alright then:rolleyes:

You dont need football people necessarily working in there. You just need competent people.

KOH