PDA

View Full Version : That's better,we have new signings!

EddieL
28/06/2001, 11:15 PM
After my worrying in recent days,I've just read on the unofficial Pats forum that we've signed Kieran Foley (Galway U) and Darren O'Keefe(Bohs) both excellent acquistions,also Robert Dunne(UCD) although I am not too well up on him,but was'nt he regularly used as a sub by the students? Another great news is that Mbabazi is coming back,not so good is that Billy Boy may also be returning...although I will forgive him if he knuckles down,cuts out the whingeing and scores a few goals.But generally,our prospects are looking better now....

joe
29/06/2001, 8:54 AM
Robert Dunne spent the second half of last season at Cobh Ramblers as he was studying in Cork Institue of Technology and failed to get a contract at Cork City. I wouldn't have thought he'd be good enough for a regular place in the Pat's team but I suppose he's a handy enough squad player. He plays on the left or centre of midfield.

Dr.Nightdub
30/06/2001, 10:08 AM
I wouldn't see him as a great steal - he clocked up a ridiculous number of red cards with Drogs the season before last and didn't do much for Bohs either last season. Do we really need Donal Broughan Mark 2?

Daniel McD
30/06/2001, 6:16 PM
To group Broughan with O'Keefe is slightly unfair .. Broughan was only sent off once since joining us and the sending off was branded an awful decision by the player who was supposedly fouled !!

O'Keefe is available because he left Newry after a fight with the manager after his first match ..

The guy is trouble, a disaster .. no comparisons should be drawn with him ...he's someones broken leg waiting to happen

EddieL
01/07/2001, 12:32 AM
Well anytime I saw him,and I admit I only did about 2-3 times,he looked useful enough.I also saw him on the telly against Aberdeen last summer when,if you remember,he was sent off but I thought he was a little unlucky there.I reckon he should be given a chance to prove himself with Pats before being written off.If he continues to get too many red cards then fair enough,I was wrong about him....but give the lad a chance!