PDA

View Full Version : Scully banned

Paddyfield
01/10/2006, 8:28 AM
Shamrock Rovers manager Pat Scully is banned for the game in Terrylaand on Friday. The City Tribune maintains that this means that he can't come within 50 metres of the pitch or dressing room before, during or after the game. Now Terryland ain't too big so does this mean he will have to sit on the team bus or go fishing on the Corrib for the duration of the game?

Terry
01/10/2006, 8:32 AM
he'll be drinking with a few of the lads down kates bar ! Seriously, He'll probably be up the back of the stand or in the press box im guessing?

pete
01/10/2006, 10:30 AM
He basically can't come anywhere near the ground before or after the game. I think that would mean they'd have to dump him off the bus before Terryland. You may remember Pat Fenlon breaking a similar ban several times last season...

GUISAUltra
01/10/2006, 12:46 PM
i'm sure he'll mnage to sneak into terryland somehow. we should set up our own SCULLYWATCH to see if we can find him

BohsFans
01/10/2006, 8:44 PM
he'll be drinking with a few of the lads down kates bar ! Seriously, He'll probably be up the back of the stand or in the press box im guessing?

Manager in the press box? are you joking? :eek:

Usually the manager sits near the back of the main stand or in the camera gantry.

Paddyfield
01/10/2006, 8:48 PM
Manager in the press box? are you joking? :eek:

Usually the manager sits near the back of the main stand or in the camera gantry.

Two or three years ago, Limerick FC's boss was banned and he watched it from the press box at Terryland. He made a few phone calls to the 'bench' too. I can't remember if it was Kerley ot O'Connor.

sligoman
01/10/2006, 9:33 PM
Our manager was banned against Limerick away, last season. He was in among the Rovers fans on the side opposite the bench and used one of our reserve players to send a message to the subs who were warming up on the sidelines and then the subs would go back to the bench and tell the assistant manager what to do...we won that game too:D.

pete
01/10/2006, 9:49 PM
Our manager was banned against Limerick away, last season. He was in among the Rovers fans on the side opposite the bench and used one of our reserve players to send a message to the subs who were warming up on the sidelines and then the subs would go back to the bench and tell the assistant manager what to do...we won that game too:D.

How many points did ye win the league by? I can see an eL/FAI enquiry & Sligo losing place in super-dooper league... :eek:

sligoman
01/10/2006, 9:58 PM
How many points did ye win the league by? I can see an eL/FAI enquiry & Sligo losing place in super-dooper league... :eek:We won the league by 2 points:p.

BohsFans
01/10/2006, 9:59 PM
Excuse my ignorance lads!

Things are obviously done differently ;) down in the 1st.

Terry
01/10/2006, 10:04 PM
How many points did ye win the league by? I can see an eL/FAI enquiry & Sligo losing place in super-dooper league... :eek:

It could be very interesting alright if that post got viewed by someone in the FAI :eek: :D

sligoman
01/10/2006, 10:06 PM
It could be very interesting alright if that post got viewed by someone in the FAI :eek:I'd never be able to show my face at a Rovers match again:D. Ah well, it can't be proven, I might be lying;)

GUISAUltra
01/10/2006, 10:09 PM
yeah bohsfans we usually have 15 men a side and play with a beach ball.

hoops1
01/10/2006, 10:22 PM
Excuse my ignorance lads!

Things are obviously done differently ;) down in the 1st.

Everything except beating Bohs, That will never change

Lim till i die
02/10/2006, 9:20 AM
yeah bohsfans we usually have 15 men a side and play with a beach ball.

That would be so much more fun :eek: :D

GUISAUltra
02/10/2006, 2:16 PM
it'd definitely be better than watching some eircom league teams every week

BohsFans
02/10/2006, 4:57 PM
Everything except beating Bohs, That will never change

I think I have a stalker.

Napoleon
07/10/2006, 10:51 AM
saw scully rjght out side the dressing room after the game, he looked sick, it was funny!!

exiled_gufc_fan
07/10/2006, 1:09 PM
According to Galway Bay FM commentary he was seated just in front of the Press Box. Hardly outside the 50 metres distance specified in the suspension notice?

JW.
07/10/2006, 1:38 PM
He was just under the press box. It was a bit surreal - he was literally a couple of yards away from me. Can anyone tell me how you can watch an EL game but be 50 metres from the match though!?

GUISAUltra
07/10/2006, 2:14 PM
i think the closest that you get to 50m could be in kildare, station road is a fairly big ground. dont think ya could see much of the game from that far away

pete
07/10/2006, 2:33 PM
He was just under the press box. It was a bit surreal - he was literally a couple of yards away from me. Can anyone tell me how you can watch an EL game but be 50 metres from the match though!?

First of all you would need to be outside the ground so looks like Scully due another ban?

Sam Savic
07/10/2006, 9:28 PM
It's 50 metres from the technical area ( subs bench ) or dressingrooms.
Anyway, where he was positioned was agreed with the FAI observer, so no problem.

higgins
07/10/2006, 9:30 PM
He basically can't come anywhere near the ground before or after the game. I think that would mean they'd have to dump him off the bus before Terryland. You may remember Pat Fenlon breaking a similar ban several times last season...

ONCE Pete....

Stop spreading nonsense

pete
07/10/2006, 9:33 PM
ONCE Pete....

Stop spreading nonsense

I don't know i think it was twice? Maybe that was a different ban? :p

higgins
07/10/2006, 9:41 PM
The first time he did it the wording on the ban did not say after the game so when he walked across the pitch into the dressing room he didnt do anything wrong!!!

They then added in the word 'AFTER' ...

When this was in place he broke it and as a result missed the final four games of the season.