PDA

View Full Version : Season just about over

ramblers
30/09/2006, 4:08 PM
I think todays result virtually seals our fate in terms of winning the league.

8 points behind with 7 games to play and Rams not looking good.

Terry
30/09/2006, 4:16 PM
what does yer run in of games look like?

ramblers
30/09/2006, 4:35 PM
our last 3 games of the season are against,

Finn Harps
Galway
rovers

We could be a deciding factor in the title!!!

The Rebel Ram
30/09/2006, 8:39 PM
We are a different team the past 6 weeks. We have struggled through the games and aren't playing the super football we were earlier in the season.
The desire i gone now for this season, you could see it in the players faces coming off!
Dundalk deserved the win though, Davin was the only bright spark in the team. There were a lot of poor performances. Willie, Pakie, even Stevie but he was just having an off day and knew it!
Yet another season in the first division!
I thought at the start of this season we would deff be in the top 3 but we'll be lucky to keep 4th the way we are playing....
Fitness will have to be looked at, you can see in the GAA how Cork have won so many matches late on and it's there fitness above all else in the end that does it. We need to not just be match fit but super fit!
Keep the heads up for the closing games! Roll on next season..

Comic Book Guy
01/10/2006, 9:26 AM
Season is over now alright, too many below par performances especially at the back, midfield were out of it for the last 10 minutes, I counted four free headers won by Dundalk midfielders coming from kick outs from Packie in the last 10 minutes.
The defence was nowhere for their second goal, the only bright spot was Davin. We will have a major bearing on who wins it now.
Ah Christ not another season in this god awful division:mad:

nismo
01/10/2006, 9:28 AM
we were **** full stop. packie holden is ****in useless as is hendo the thick ****,he couldnt manage a u-12 team.

but the ref that little skrawny ungl ******** and that fat ****in lines man should be shot they robbed us!

ramblers
01/10/2006, 11:19 AM
I belive it was a mistake giving Hendo a 3 year contract and I have said that before. If he was working to try and keep his job he may have not made so many tactical changes over the last few weeks.

We blew up and through it away last season and have done the same this season so nothing has changed.

A lot of money has been pumped in and at the end of the season we will have nothing to show for it.

nismo
01/10/2006, 11:47 AM
with the team we have if there was any other manger managing us we'd be long gone at the top and have the title won,hendo is an idiot,were only in the top half now because other teams played so badly!

depor
02/10/2006, 10:28 PM
ya the performance was shockin, there should have only been 1 winner when we went ahead, that being us. what i cant understand is why davin wasn't on from the start cause he was class again. and barret should have been in midfield to rustle up dundalk.

this could be a disaster for the club financially, he blew money right left and centre. though hes on a 3 year contract both he or the club can end it with 4 weeks notice, a kinda rolling contract.

even though its highly unlikely we'll win the league, the fact is that the teams above us will have to play each other and all will drop points, and we have to play galway and rovers aswell. but if ye read the echo tonight hendo seems to have given up already and hes talking about next year instead of getting the players to try and win the rest of the games.

rammie
03/10/2006, 8:17 AM
never give up until it's mathamitically impossible and anyway the teams aim must be to win everymatch they play competitive or "friendly". Look there is no doubting the managers or team desire to win but the question is, despite all good intentions is the manger good enough , now don't forget he is only learning his trade and b are the committee strong enough because at the end of the day the manager and the players are employed, tthere's no room for sentiment or personalities, to be successful you must be obsessive and ruthless. So I would say that the non achievement of success and I stress the season is not over yet is not just Hendo's fault but collective i.e the committee, the manager, the squad and the silent supporters.

nismo
03/10/2006, 4:27 PM
would you ever shut up about the supporters boy,we were up there singing for da last few seasons and it got us nowhere. if your so concerened get a drum and head up there,start banging and singing and im sure some people will join ya.

depor
03/10/2006, 11:48 PM
never give up until it's mathamitically impossible and anyway the teams aim must be to win everymatch they play competitive or "friendly". Look there is no doubting the managers or team desire to win but the question is, despite all good intentions is the manger good enough , now don't forget he is only learning his trade and b are the committee strong enough because at the end of the day the manager and the players are employed, tthere's no room for sentiment or personalities, to be successful you must be obsessive and ruthless. So I would say that the non achievement of success and I stress the season is not over yet is not just Hendo's fault but collective i.e the committee, the manager, the squad and the silent supporters.

i agree with the point about not giving up,as i said yesterday its unlikely we'll win the league but its still mathematically possible. but the point is that hendo for the second night in a row (monday & tuesday)on the echo said they cant win. now thats not exactly positive is it???

lets not forget it is only a 3 game swing and theres 7 games left. i know they're not man utd but everyone can remember utd catching newcastle a good few years back and it was more like 20 points(7 game swing).