PDA

View Full Version : Tonight Cup match In Athlone and The Indo

Battery Rover
30/09/2006, 10:25 AM
I have just seen posted on our forum that in the match review in the Irish Independant they have said we moved the match from St Mels to Dubarry Park in Ballinasloe.

Has anyone read the article in question.

Do the people who write this stuff ever check to see if what they are about to put in print is right or not.

Don't read the papers but is this a common occurence when they come to reporting our league / cup. Sure it wouldn't happen with the GAA coverage.

manic da hoop
30/09/2006, 11:23 AM
It's just pure laziness on their part more than anything.

:mad:

steno
30/09/2006, 11:35 AM
Typical!:mad:

If it was the GAA there would be an apology in tomorrows paper. Can be sure there will be no such thing tomorrow.

Probabaly some small paragraph called the match report in a corner about the match itself as well.

atfconline
30/09/2006, 11:38 AM
Buccaneers' ground in Ballinasloe was never even known as Dubarry Park either, just the one in Athlone. :rolleyes:

Dr.Nightdub
30/09/2006, 11:39 AM
Think the Indo might be right on this one - the honourable Secretary of the Hoops SC was at our match last night and he told me Rovers have eight busloads heading for the rugby ground. Something to do with the floodlights in Mels not being strong enough for TV.

atfconline
30/09/2006, 11:40 AM
Think the Indo might be right on this one - the honourable Secretary of the Hoops SC was at our match last night and he told me Rovers have eight busloads heading for the rugby ground. Something to do with the floodlights in Mels not being strong enough for TV.

Yes the game is on in Dubarry Park, in ATHLONE, not Ballinasloe.

Dodge
30/09/2006, 11:45 AM

Can't believe you'd think the Indo would be right...

Dr.Nightdub
30/09/2006, 12:00 PM
Can't believe you'd think the Indo would be right...

I know, same stable as the Herald, but even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

harpskid
30/09/2006, 12:35 PM
Something to do with the floodlights in Mels not being strong enough for TV.

While watching the game last night I saw what appeared to be a guy on the touchline with a light - on the Camac side (on the left hand side if looking over from the stand) - was that anything to do with the lights in Richmond or was I just imagining that?

Dr.Nightdub
30/09/2006, 1:00 PM
While watching the game last night I saw what appeared to be a guy on the touchline with a light - on the Camac side (on the left hand side if looking over from the stand) - was that anything to do with the lights in Richmond or was I just imagining that?

Nah, that was for the TG4 camera crew doing the pitch-side interviews.

Olander
30/09/2006, 1:09 PM
will the game be televised?

manic da hoop
30/09/2006, 2:01 PM
Yes. TG4 at 7.30pm.

BohsFans
30/09/2006, 6:09 PM
Also the main headline in the indo today in the el match reports:

Saints on the march as 10-man Town crash :rolleyes: