PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Doyle

LeixlipRed
29/09/2006, 10:21 PM
I read or heard something about him being released by mutual consent. Anyone know what the craic with that is?

LeixlipRed
29/09/2006, 11:02 PM
Apologies for posting this. Didn't see that thread in rubbish about the same topic

superfrank
02/10/2006, 11:05 AM
Fair enough. Thread moved.

monzo
02/10/2006, 5:11 PM
Even he's a bit overweight, he looks from what I've seen of him, a decent enough player.

dublin15bohs
02/10/2006, 7:58 PM
would anyone take him

superfrank
02/10/2006, 8:01 PM
Don't know. He had his chance at Bohs, Pats, UCD and ourselves. When the bottom team in the league let you go, it has to be said, you can't be doing much good.

Someone mentioned Rovers might move for him. I'd be really surprised by this.

Aaron
02/10/2006, 8:11 PM
Cud someone tell me wot actually happened between him and Stephen Kenny. I heard they had a huge row

LeixlipRed
02/10/2006, 8:14 PM
Thought he was Bray's best player when we played them this season. He works very hard but unfortunately the rest of his team mates were just rubbish. They let that right full go (can't remember his name). One of the most shockingly bad players I can remember ever seeing at LOI level

DmanDmythDledge
02/10/2006, 10:08 PM
He had his chance at Bohs, Pats, UCD and ourselves.
Did he have a bust-up? He was our top scorer one season and got player of the year as well. I'd give him another chance.

CollegeTillIDie
03/10/2006, 5:38 AM
DMand is right. He was top drawer at UCD apart from his propensity to see red mist on occasion.

Magicme
03/10/2006, 8:01 AM
DMand is right. He was top drawer at UCD apart from his propensity to see red mist on occasion.

So he will prob come to us. We seem to take on "red mist" type guys.

BohsFans
03/10/2006, 10:40 AM
he needs an attitude re-adjustment.

As for Bray's best player, your havin a laugh. Gorgesecu is by far.

Doyle is a fat lazy ****** who couldn't give a **** about his team mates.

He had his chance at the big time and blew it! Good riddance.

NY Hoop
03/10/2006, 10:49 AM

He had his chance at the big time and blew it! Good riddance.

:D :D

Be very surprised if Scully would be interested.

KOH

LeixlipRed
03/10/2006, 2:55 PM
Gorgesecu is by far.

Yeh, for 2 minutes of a game. Then he goes asleep for the remaining 88. Doyle busted his gut every game I see him play. Which was 3 times this season. Maybe he was just lazy and useless when not playing against Shels

Raheny Red
03/10/2006, 3:50 PM
Yeh, for 2 minutes of a game. Then he goes asleep for the remaining 88. Doyle busted his gut every game I see him play. Which was 3 times this season. Maybe he was just lazy and useless when not playing against Shels

Every player raises the bar against us :cool:

:D

dublin15bohs
03/10/2006, 8:59 PM
Robbie told Stephen Kenny(at bohs) i only train when i want to then Stephen fliped at him (deserved it) then he handed in a transfer request and fu**ed off

pineapple stu
03/10/2006, 9:05 PM
:D :D

Be very surprised if Scully would be interested.

KOH
Seems to be interested in most players in the league to be honest.

Aaron
03/10/2006, 10:10 PM
Robbie told Stephen Kenny(at bohs) i only train when i want to then Stephen fliped at him (deserved it) then he handed in a transfer request and fu**ed off

Bad attitude!! Wot a wee clown!! Who is he to tell his manager when he trains!! Players like him arnt worth their pay at the end of the week!!

DvB
04/10/2006, 7:34 AM

Going on what D.15bohs said above he sounds the exact opposite of what Scully looks for in a player, then again if he's not at training he could go a long way;)

I'd say zero chance of him coming to Rovers at the moment though!

KOh

BohDiddley
04/10/2006, 9:19 AM
Unlike most Bohs fans, I quite like Doyle. He has skill, he has energy, and he has a wonderful work rate. But so often he blows it.
He could be a great player if he manages to calm down a bit but at the same time keeps the motivation.
In the end, his ego turned things sour at Bohs, but he was always close to getting it right. He even had a chant!

Poor Student
04/10/2006, 9:36 AM
I know it didn't work out at Bray but I think he's the kind of player who would flourish better at a smaller club. Arguably his best year was the one he spent at UCD. The lighter training schedule seems to suit his attitude. I'd love to see us give him another crack of the whip.

NY Hoop
04/10/2006, 10:39 AM

Robbie's not playing in the league.

Always a bad sign when a player leaves a club by mutual consent. Definitely has the talent and sound lad to boot.

KOH

BohsFans
04/10/2006, 5:11 PM
I think he only has himself to blame at this stage.

Look at the clubs he's left, or fallen out with the manager/club etc.

He had the talent, but just wouldn't get his head down and get on with things.

He did lose his brother recently though didn't he?

Incidently the argument with Kenny wasn't quite like what dublin15bohs said, as far as I know.

He didn't take too kindly to being dropped and threw a temper tantrum. Final straw came when Kenny told Doyle he wasn't taking him to Tallin for the UEFA Cup game (07/04), instead he took one of the young lads, Gareth Logan.

That was the end of his Bohs career.

superfrank
04/10/2006, 5:20 PM
He did lose his brother recently though didn't he?

Yeah about a year ago, when he was at Pats. SADS. Hence the foundation of the Ritchie Doyle Foundation.

Roo69
05/10/2006, 2:42 PM
Lads, some of ya's talk some far amout of boll*x ! Actually quit funny.

Robbie has played for UCD, Bohs, Pats and Bray. At only one of those clubs did he have a major bust up - that was with Stephen Kenny at Bohs. dublin15bohs version is just priceless ! great version but could'nt be further from the truth. BohsFans is very close but left a big aprt of the story out, which i wont go into.

He was leading goalscorer and player of the year at UCD before he signed for Bohs. Went to Pats then and in his 1st full season was top scorer as well. Signed for Bray this season and things have just not happened for him, he was brought into score goals but never did - there are many blames for this but for me it was that he was being played totally out of position on the right hand side of midfield.

As for this fat thing some fans go on about, well were that comes from ill never know ! Even funnier than dublin15bohs story ! By far the fittest player who we had this season, and by far the hardest working player in our squad. He has a temper on him alright but has only seen the red mist once in his career, plenty of booking thou ! ha ha. How anyone who knows the slightest thing about Robbie call him lazy is nonense in fairness.

He was'nt let go from Bray, he left by mutual consent, as per the clause in his contract.

Yep, Robbie lost his bro in April 04 but is probably a better footballer since that. His work rate is miles better than before that.

BohDiddley
05/10/2006, 2:46 PM
How anyone who knows the slightest thing about Robbie call him lazy is nonense in fairness.
True.