PDA

View Full Version : Lfc 1-5 Gufc

Pages : [1] 2

Monkfish
29/09/2006, 9:38 PM
No reports of phantom stone throwers in the shed as yet, however several sightings of mysterious managerial impersonator.
When o when will we ever do rovers a favour this season?

fc hammer
29/09/2006, 11:03 PM
What a fcuking shambles..Drew will you ever go away and get a manager, you have'nt got a clue how to manage a football team. It was embarassing to be a Limerick fan tonight watching that crap.Galway must be laughing at us all the way home.

lim abroad
29/09/2006, 11:16 PM
is anybody surprised by this result?lets hope we get the right man in soon so we can start building for next season

geezer
29/09/2006, 11:38 PM
5-1 was not a fair reflection of the 90 minutes. even with 10 men lims had us worried 10 mins in to second half. at times i thought lims had the 11 men.
when russel came on for utd he changed it completely, he is a clever player who hasnt played for us for a long time. rovers next

fc hammer
29/09/2006, 11:41 PM
is anybody surprised by this result?lets hope we get the right man in soon so we can start building for next season

I would'nt mind but Galway are no world beaters themselves.. I hate to say it but what i saw from Galway tonight i think it's Rovers league. Oh ya i think Drew has at least two more phamptom managers to interview. Come on Danny you know it make's sense ! Step down now.

geezer
30/09/2006, 9:43 AM
were missing a good few players tonight including 3 of their usual backline

Jacobean
30/09/2006, 11:23 AM
Fair enough we're not world beaters, we didnt play at all in the first half and when we eventually got into the match we put 5 past ye in the space of 20 minutes. To turn around and say its rovers league after throuncing ye 5-1, is that not a serious underestimation of your team, given the fact that if ye held on for at least 20 more minutes ye would have won and Drew would have been a genius. The fact is ye played some excellent football with ten men, but when Galway broke ye down that was that. I think it is a fair reflection on a team to play absolute crap football for 70 minutes and then turn it around to win 5.1 Thus, it is not Rovers league who ever made that ill Judged remark, Dundalk pose a bigger threat than them as far as im concerned. By the way, why did the entire Limerick fans in the stand walk out after the second or third goal, should one not always stand by there team regardless?

Monkfish
30/09/2006, 6:55 PM
Cause friday night is "late late" night!

Jacobean
30/09/2006, 10:09 PM
Just as well... because there was no throwing of the auld stones!

lfc at heart
01/10/2006, 8:59 AM
[QUOTE=Jacobean; By the way, why did the entire Limerick fans in the stand walk out after the second or third goal, should one not always stand by there team regardless?[/QUOTE]

well said Jacobbean, these so called Limerick supporters DID walk out 10 mins from the end, these are the SO CALLED hardcore supporters that write ****e about the team on this website, i dont mind constructive criticism and I have to agree Danny Drew has to get off the bench, the score of 5-1 did not justify the performance of the 10 men, I though they were unlucky, McCarthy should hang his head in shame, he knows the rule if you raise your hand to an other player, he let the team, club and supporters down........ I hope Galway win the league, keep it out of Dublin.......

gael353
01/10/2006, 11:42 AM
well said Jacobbean, these so called Limerick supporters DID walk out 10 mins from the end, these are the SO CALLED hardcore supporters that write ****e about the team on this website, i dont mind constructive criticism and I have to agree Danny Drew has to get off the bench, the score of 5-1 did not justify the performance of the 10 men, I though they were unlucky, McCarthy should hang his head in shame, he knows the rule if you raise your hand to an other player, he let the team, club and supporters down........ I hope Galway win the league, keep it out of Dublin.......

Well that a load of ****e cos most clubs would be proud of the hardcore we posess. And just so you know, most if not all of the hardcoore left the shed some weeks ago, (as it was invaded by fake soccerball supporters at the Leeds game) so they left for the far end and when Heff scored they did celibrate and when they saw their team ship 5 in the last 20 mins they stayed and applauded the lads off the field, ask Austin O'Neill. So for your first post LFC at heart we'll let you go with that error.

JohnD
01/10/2006, 7:52 PM
Too true Gael !! Absloute and utter sh**te talk from "LFC at Heart"

A few of Us so called Hard Core left the shed for good when Racist Chanting started against Galway.It was Wesley Charles if my memory serves me. It happened twice in the first half and I personally reported it to a club steward. No action was taken so we left the shed and are now resident behind the other goal.

We DID stay till the end on Fri night and I , personally, believe the Lads performed well on the pitch. We were very unlucky to lose 2-1 not to mind 5-1. Well dones lads ye were a credit to the Shirt on Friday night. Sometimes the scoreline does not reflect the actual game.

We DID also applaud every single one of the lads off the pitch. All I ask for is effort and they gave that in spades.

As for Derek If someone tackled me the way he was tackled I would have kicked seven Shades of ***t out of the guy responsible.

Monkfish
02/10/2006, 12:16 AM
In fairness lads, one monkey chanting person who as it turns out stopped when given a dirty look shouldnt split the little support we have. im all for different viewing angles, so how about swopping ends at half time?

Lim till i die
02/10/2006, 7:52 AM
In fairness lads, one monkey chanting person who as it turns out stopped when given a dirty look shouldnt split the little support we have. im all for different viewing angles, so how about swopping ends at half time?

That is a fair point. Tbh I left out of superstition......... Didn't work :eek: I've put down roots at the other end now though, save the Rovers game, I doubt I'll be back (All together now Awwwwwwwwwwww) :p

"lfc at heart" you've been to a good few games right?? :rolleyes:

joeSoap
02/10/2006, 12:19 PM
As for Derek If someone tackled me the way he was tackled I would have kicked seven Shades of ***t out of the guy responsible.Agree with you totally John. And just for the record, the guy he was involved with on Friday night was responsible for a cheap sucker punch during a training session with Galway a few seasons ago when Derek was there and left him permanently scarred and with 8 stitches. Pieces of **** like that shouldn't be allowed onto a football pitch and Galway should know better than to play scumbags like that.

Lim till i die
02/10/2006, 12:36 PM
Pieces of **** like that shouldn't be allowed onto a football pitch and Galway should know better than to play scumbags like that.

Hey, you leave Ciaran Foley out of this :eek: :p

Nah seriously fairplay to Carthy, it's just a shame he didn't do the piece of dirt some lasting damage

sadloserkid
02/10/2006, 12:55 PM
Well having stayed until the very, very end the other night for my sins I think we're in danger of letting the main issues slip away here. We were tied 1-1 until the 84th minute of a game that we'd played almost the duration of with 10 players (personally I think Carty was a silly boy to be so blatant but that's a whole other story) and collapsed in a manner that I've never seen before.

As much as this may upset some people I think it's worth noting that it's hard to imagine a NOC team capitulating so badly. What was the point in getting rid of our manager if we're not going to replace him? :confused:

We'll be lucky if there's not more exits by the next game (Ken Kiely also departed it seems)... There's something pretty rotten affecting any team that ships four goals in six minutes. Aside from Austin O'Neill none of them even looked particularly upset, heads just dropped and there was no sense of fight about the team at all by the end. I've never seen a Limerick side as dispirited.

Conor H
02/10/2006, 1:00 PM
Who was the Galway player he crunched?It happened down the far end so i didn't see the player just the tackle.
Stupid comment from Joe Soap-you're calling the Galway lad a scumbag for an incident you heard from Derek?
Well we all saw the horrendous "tackle" more a karate kick from McCarthy.He deserved what he got and probably a bit more too!

osarusan
02/10/2006, 1:12 PM
Nah seriously fairplay to Carthy, it's just a shame he didn't do the piece of dirt some lasting damage

Perhaps a candidate for most ignorant post of the month?

sadloserkid
02/10/2006, 1:15 PM
Who was the Galway player he crunched?It happened down the far end so i didn't see the player just the tackle.

Billy Clery. You should note Conor however that the crunch was from Clery's tackle. The game restarted with a Limerick free kick.

Conor H
02/10/2006, 1:19 PM
Perhaps a candidate for most ignorant post of the month?

Ya most definitely.What a moronic post.

Sadloserkid i know yee got a free kick out of all that hullabaloo but McCarthy was rash and stupid.Deserved a red card for what he did.Lads can i ask do yee like Derek?He was very unpopular up here-spotted out on the **** one too many times.

osarusan
02/10/2006, 1:20 PM
As much as this may upset some people I think it's worth noting that it's hard to imagine a NOC team capitulating so badly. What was the point in getting rid of our manager if we're not going to replace him? :confused:

I wasnt there, but have heard the same from friends.

I dont think anybody wants NOC back, but we need a real manager, who 'understands' football (and I use the term loosely).

Danny had a chance to increase his popularity by quickly bringing in a new manager, but he is now being ridiculed by pretty much everybody.

Any chance he is just waiting until the end of an already dead season to save some money?

sadloserkid
02/10/2006, 1:25 PM
Sadloserkid i know yee got a free kick out of all that hullabaloo but McCarthy was rash and stupid.Deserved a red card for what he did.

I've already made that point myself. He was provoked though, it was a dirty tackle with no ball played from a player that has a mutual dislike with Carty. Doesn't excuse Carty in the least either.

Lads can i ask do yee like Derek?He was very unpopular up here-spotted out on the **** one too many times

On a personal level I've great time for him. I don't think he's as mobile or quick as he was before his injuries. He's still a lethal finisher though, certainly the best at our club at the moment.

Any chance he is just waiting until the end of an already dead season to save some money?

I wouldn't rule out the idea. It would explain our shrinking squad somewhat too.

jebus
02/10/2006, 4:12 PM
Carthy in my book would have gotten a yellow card at best had Cleary not done his best Cristiano Ronaldo impression and collapsed in a heap on the ground, not the last we saw of a Galway player going to ground.

Fair play to Galway for plugging away til the end but I have to say, for an Eircom League First Division side they have the art of diving down to a tee. Five or six times I saw one of their players 'fouled' with that tall lanky centre half with no hair the worst offender. Should have been booked a lot earlier for his diving than he was.

I have to say from when Heff's goal went in til the second half kicked off was probably the most fun I've had at a Limerick game in quite a while. The celebrations behind Gough's goal when Heff scored were some of the funniest, most over the top, happiest celebrations I've been a part of...good stuff from all of us concerned, however boos to Lim Til I Die for practically catapulting me over the wall and on to the pitch during the celebrations :p

lfc at heart, go away.... now!

the team was an absolute shambles after Galways first goal, even for the five/ten minutes proceeding. The ball was given away too easily, and after the second went in the team just gave up. I have never witnessed a team fold so badly during a game, but what do we blame it on? The team have talent, we know that, but they don't seem to have the commitment anymore, I mean a serious lack of team spirit is needed for a team to fold so badly, so we should be looking once again at the mess NOC has left us in, in regards to team spirit at least, and then to Danny, who I'm sure shot Tommy Barrett's dog in the dressing room afterwards as punishment for what happened at the end, such is his way with man management.

For anyone not at the game, no fault lies with Austin for any of the goals, I only say this because people see a scoreline like 5-1 and assume the keeper had a nightmare. Genuinely didn't have a chance with any of the 5, and in my eyes seemed to be the only player who actually gave a sh!t with each passing goal.

But the real issue coming from the game is SadLoserKid's shocking penalty miss against the Galway subs during half time. How a man with such lofty idea's about football could produce such a poor penalty, and follow it up with the greatest celebration ever at a Limerick game leaves me tipping my hat to the man, the myth, the 'infuture let's just put him in goals' legend that is SLK :)

And in conclusion, we need this season to end...now!

osarusan
02/10/2006, 4:23 PM
lfc at heart, go away.... now!

A truer word was never spoken.

Lim till i die
03/10/2006, 8:00 AM
I have to say from when Heff's goal went in til the second half kicked off was probably the most fun I've had at a Limerick game in quite a while. The celebrations behind Gough's goal when Heff scored were some of the funniest, most over the top, happiest celebrations I've been a part of...good stuff from all of us concerned, however boos to Lim Til I Die for practically catapulting me over the wall and on to the pitch during the celebrations

But the real issue coming from the game is SadLoserKid's shocking penalty miss against the Galway subs during half time. How a man with such lofty idea's about football could produce such a poor penalty, and follow it up with the greatest celebration ever at a Limerick game leaves me tipping my hat to the man, the myth, the 'infuture let's just put him in goals' legend that is SLK :)

It was freezing hence the OTT celebration, however may I say a lesser man then yourself may indeed have flew over the wall so fairplay :p

As for SLKs penalty, easily worth the twelve euro alone I only wish more people and possibly Sky Sports were there to witness it :ball:

Finally I'd like to apologise to ConorH, osarusan, the Clery family and the people of Earth in general. Although Billy Clery has always given me the impression of being a big, rather limited, lumbering bully, I'm sure quite the opposite is true and the Galway incident was all down to Carthy attempting to break the mans fist with his face. I unreservedly apologise for jumping to such rash conclusions

scoobysham
03/10/2006, 9:18 AM
Hey, you leave Ciaran Foley out of this :eek: :p

why the ill feeling to ciaran foley....... didnt he play with limerick a few years back....

Lim till i die
03/10/2006, 10:10 AM
why the ill feeling to ciaran foley....... didnt he play with limerick a few years back....

Yep ;)

He was so much more cultured back then though :p

JohnD
03/10/2006, 10:16 AM
The Penalty by SLK was the highlight ok !!! The sliding celebrations were amazing ;) . Must agree with Jebus the celebrations after Heffs Goal were the best in a while. Just have not had a lot to cheer about this year I suppose.

Terry
03/10/2006, 11:33 AM
Yep

He was so much more cultured back then though

Ya, sligo does that to people !!!:p :D

sadloserkid
03/10/2006, 5:04 PM
Taking penalties is a lot harder than it looks. :cool: I have a whole new degree of sympathy for Conor Synott and Kevin Waters now. :D

The Galway subs were sound, I'm just glad that Alan Murphy was gone in to receive instruction because if anybody in this league has earned the right to laugh in my face it's probably him.

I could mutter about the wet surface, my inferior footwear, the hostile crowd behind the goal, the hair in the eyes excuse but to be blunt... I made rather a bags of it. :)

the dazzler
04/10/2006, 6:46 AM
Taking penalties is a lot harder than it looks. :cool: I have a whole new degree of sympathy for Conor Synott and Kevin Waters now. :D

The Galway subs were sound, I'm just glad that Alan Murphy was gone in to receive instruction because if anybody in this league has earned the right to laugh in my face it's probably him.

I could mutter about the wet surface, my inferior footwear, the hostile crowd behind the goal, the hair in the eyes excuse but to be blunt... I made rather a bags of it. :)

lads its simple limerick football club is a joke and always will be for gods sake its run by people who just want to rob and make money out of it,its a shame coz limerick have the best football players in town and support to make it really big, grace,young and now drew all in it for money anyone agree

LFC in Exile
04/10/2006, 7:47 AM
lads its simple limerick football club is a joke and always will be for gods sake its run by people who just want to rob and make money out of it

We must also be cursed with some very stupid people in the city who think the way to make money is in the eircom League. :rolleyes:

jebus
04/10/2006, 3:38 PM
lads its simple limerick football club is a joke and always will be for gods sake its run by people who just want to rob and make money out of it,its a shame coz limerick have the best football players in town and support to make it really big, grace,young and now drew all in it for money anyone agree

Why did you quote SLK's take on his penalty taking abilities for that point? :confused:

Lim till i die
05/10/2006, 7:50 AM
Why did you quote SLK's take on his penalty taking abilities for that point? :confused:

Bedraggeld, long haired, hippy types have no place in football. The fact that this man and his bindle were left near a football ground let alone actually on the playing surface is a crushing indictment of Limerick F.C. and its security policy :p :D

sadloserkid
05/10/2006, 12:39 PM
Bedraggeld, long haired, hippy types have no place in football. The fact that this man and his bindle were left near a football ground let alone actually on the playing surface is a crushing indictment of Limerick F.C. and its security policy :D

That is true. My many baggy pockets could well have been filled with all sorts of stones and other potential missiles. ;) In fact perhaps that the explanation for my rather suspect balance in the aftermath of my placed penalty (placed about 3 feet wide of the post if I'm totally honest of course), I was weighed down... :(

Lim till i die
05/10/2006, 12:51 PM
In fact perhaps that the explanation for my rather suspect balance in the aftermath of my placed penalty (placed about 3 feet wide of the post if I'm totally honest of course), I was weighed down... :(

Now, now SLK you wouldn't stand for such nonsense excuses from management I fail to see how you can apply them to yourself ;) :p

sadloserkid
05/10/2006, 12:53 PM
Now, now SLK you wouldn't stand for such nonsense excuses from management I fail to see how you can apply them to yourself ;) :p

I don't think management has tried that one. Yet! :D

Also I'm well aware that I should probably be censuring myself for off topic nonsense but as it happened during said game I think I can let myself off with a warning.

Lim till i die
05/10/2006, 12:57 PM
I don't think management has tried that one. Yet! :D

Also I'm well aware that I should probably be censuring myself for off topic nonsense but as it happened during said game I think I can let myself off with a warning.

No, no, no let's get back on topic............

So losing 5-1 at home to Galway, any comments ;) :p

sadloserkid
05/10/2006, 1:00 PM
No, no, no let's get back on topic............

So losing 5-1 at home to Galway, any comments ;) :p

Possibly the worst six minutes of my life. Ironically enough they're the same words that she said too. Now that I can feel her pain a little more personally I sorta wish I tried harder. :p

Lim till i die
05/10/2006, 1:03 PM
Possibly the worst six minutes of my life. Ironically enough they're the same words that she said too. Now that I can feel her pain a little more personally I sorta wish I tried harder. :p

ATTENTION all Foot users SLK is nowhere near as cool as he makes out.

I can assure you he tried as hard as possible with that poor girl and if rumours are to be believed was merely bad at it :p :D

sadloserkid
05/10/2006, 1:08 PM
ATTENTION all Foot users SLK is nowhere near as cool as he makes out.

I can assure you he tried as hard as possible with that poor girl and if rumours are to be believed was merely bad at it :D

My defence is that she had impossibly high standards! Maybe I should have brought her up to Rathbane, thought her a thing or two about gritty reality. :D

And less of the WUMing Lim til i die! ;)

Lim till i die
05/10/2006, 1:11 PM
My defence is that she had impossibly high standards!

And less of the WUMing Lim til i die!

Hey shaving and cleaning your bedroom are perfectly normal human acts, don't give me that high standards crap :)

What's a WUM :confused: :p

sadloserkid
05/10/2006, 1:16 PM
Hey shaving and cleaning your bedroom are perfectly normal human acts, don't give me that high standards crap :)

It's never stopped you from visiting. Ah I just made a point there I feel. On an aside (and a little more topical) I really, really can't stress enough just how sick I felt after that game. Four goals in six minutes... nightmare stuff (and even as an uneducated supporters club affiliate I know that to be the case).:)

Lim till i die
05/10/2006, 1:20 PM
I really, really can't stress enough just how sick I felt after that game. Four goals in six minutes... nightmare stuff (and even as an uneducated supporters club affiliate I know that to be the case).:)

Maybe it was the vodka coursing through my veins but I found it all more surreal rather than upsetting. Slightly worse than typical. It wasn't til the next morning that it hit me.......... :eek:

osarusan
05/10/2006, 3:54 PM
You two should get a room. (I'd put a smiley face but I dont know how.)

Lim till i die
06/10/2006, 11:03 AM

There on the right as you post

eg: :) :) :)

sadloserkid
06/10/2006, 1:18 PM

Weren't you listening? I haven't cleaned my room to his satisfaction. ;)

joeSoap
06/10/2006, 1:42 PM
Lock thread.....please.........now !!!:eek: :D :D

osarusan
06/10/2006, 2:27 PM
[QUOTE=Lim till i die;547708]There on the right as you post

egQUOTE]

:)

If only I'd known it was so simple. Cheers. :)