Need i say anymore about tonight?

alansmithccfc
29/09/2006, 9:17 PM
No you have said enough.
Except maybe

We scored 6 :eek: :D

iancruickshank
29/09/2006, 10:37 PM
was there any changes to the team from last game??? Players or positions, From how quick the first few goals were scored sounds like they folded fairly quickly.

micls
29/09/2006, 11:38 PM
Not trying to be smart or anything lads but that was the poorest perfrmance ive seen in a long time by an EL team. What happened the team that drew with us earlier in the season?

s it just me or is your team very short overall?

Seagull
29/09/2006, 11:58 PM
Not trying to be smart or anything lads but that was the poorest perfrmance ive seen in a long time by an EL team. What happened the team that drew with us earlier in the season?

s it just me or is your team very short overall?

By short do you mean sh1t? Strictly Division One. :(

micls
30/09/2006, 9:06 AM
By short do you mean sh1t? Strictly Division One. :(

Was it just last night. I know ye'v been on a bad run but have ye been playing that badly. We werent great like, complacent and dodgy at the back at timews. We handed ye at least 2 practically open goals to score into and ye couldn't.

In fairness i have to say ye actually came out to play football, unlike other teams we play. It may not have worked but ye kept yer heads up and the players never gave up. Not an easy thing to do at 6 nil down.

Eoingull
01/10/2006, 2:41 AM
I was down in Turner's Cross for the game...and from the looks of things was the only Wanderers supporter there! It was a bizarre, and slightly saddening, experience. For a start the away section was blocked off, and I had to sit with the home fans, so the team wouldn't even have been aware of my attendance.
The first thing that may cross peoples' minds is that the team just packed it in after the first goal, but I can tell you now all 14 Wanderers on the pitch looked to me as if they were trying their best. Our friend "micls" from down south could appear to back me up on this. For my money Cork also kept going for the full 90 minutes, and were looking for a 7th or 8th goal. I have no problem with this, and would rather see a team give their own supporters full value for money, rather than just ease up after 3 goals, leaving a monotonous finish.
6-0 in many ways just summed up for me where Bray really are in Irish football at the moment...way behind the genuine pacesetters...and with a tough job ahead of everyone if this gap is to be closed in any way. The whole set-up in Cork is so professional, and highly admirable. Turning up at a game actually feels like an "event"...one that is becoming ingrained in the local culture. The crowds are good...I counted 3 separate singing sections! The new stand looks like it is being built with a gaze firmly set on an ambitious future. There seems to be great sponsorship from local businesses. There's even a shiny supporters shop in the centre of town. Now, I respect the efforts being put in by everyone at Wanderers, but the match yesterday left me feeling we are about 10 years behind the likes of Cork...albeit so are most of the rest of the country.
On the field it wasn't even as if one section of our team could be picked out as a particular weak point...the whole team was outclassed. Check out the goals on Monday's EL Weekly. There must have been about 20 uninterrupted passes before Dan Murray scored one of his goals. Then later on Billy Woods left Deans trailing in his wake in a man-for-man sprint before scoring.
It may be a good learning experience for the likes of Ivory and O'Shea who again did "okay"...but I felt sorry for the likes of Foxy and Tresson who have given so much to the Bray Wanderers cause and don't deserve to be humiliated in such a manner.
Strange as it might sound, I now fully expect us to win next Friday. It would be almost impossible for a person or team not to have a reaction to such a tanking.
We'll all just have to put it behind us, and keep a positive focus.

BrayUnknowns
02/10/2006, 8:28 AM
We'll all just have to put it behind us, and keep a positive focus.

I stupidly took a half day and drove down myself..........

What can ya say about a preformance like that ? except that it has been coming for a long time, i'm just glad it was'nt the LIVE game on TG4 - well there's still time for that to happen.

There was nothing good to take from the game, it was a disgraceful preformance, every single one of them should be ashamed of themselves for what they did or did'nt do more to the point. So fcuking much for Gormley's fighting spirit :mad: It was simply the worst Bray preformance in nearly 10 years.

I just can't see how they can put a 6-0 thrashing behind them and keep a positive focus.

iancruickshank
02/10/2006, 9:42 AM
I'm from Aberdeen and an Aberdeen supporter (as well as supporting Bray my new home), seen a few glory years in the early 80's in Aberdeen under a guy called Ferguson. Since then it's been a bit woeful for different reasons. Even if you question who's playing, what's the manager up to, the bottom line is you do the best you can, and that's in supporting them, not blindly, but on match days especially get behind the team. I doubt if anyone in the club want's or enjoys where they are at the moment, but we just need to do the best we can, and for us as supporters it's have opinions sure, but still support and make the support heard. My dream week would be Bray, Aberdeen and Scotland all winning in the same week!!!!! What's the chances??????

BrayUnknowns
02/10/2006, 9:54 AM
I fully agree with you ! BUT theres a lot more the players could be doing on the pitch. It's all well and good saying that we have to get behind them and support them but if the players are not bothered and not putting 100% into every game then they need to be let know.

All we want is effort and committment - We are not getting that.

iancruickshank
02/10/2006, 10:38 AM
You're right, the players have a major responsability to the fans not just because there are expected to play 100% when they step onto the field but as a professional or semi pro, it goes further. I know there're times when at work I struggle, would prefere to be elsewhere, but I have a responsability and have do the work. But if things are out of my control I tend to try and focus on what I can do, and in this situation there is so much out of my control except how I support the team. How much of a difference is there now showing between those teams who are full time and those like ourselves. Just wonder as time goes on the gap will get bigger, not just in the fitness but in quality of set plays etc.

Green&whitearmy
02/10/2006, 1:17 PM
losing by six is just demorilising, everyone could see something like this happening the way we were playing.. it wouldnt surprise me if ucd put 4 or 5 past us. ill still be there doing my bit for them.