PDA

View Full Version : EL Refs banned

razor
29/09/2006, 2:02 PM
Back of tonights Echo
Here (http://www.eecho.ie/pdf/back.pdf)

"After a spate of "howlers" in the eircom League, the referees assessors and appointments officer have cracked down on their own members.....

NY Hoop
29/09/2006, 2:40 PM
Finally some accountability. Never heard of refs here being suspended before. Promising stuff.

KOH

wws
29/09/2006, 2:45 PM
but that refers to previous bans

nothing since the kelly fiasco

Dodge
29/09/2006, 2:57 PM
Yeah, why would they ban them and not tell anybody. Defeats the purpose if justice isn't seen to be done

Peadar
29/09/2006, 3:34 PM
"15 new referees come on stream in the Cork region after a recent recruitment drive."

Maybe now we'll see a few Dublin clubs getting Ridden Rock Solid! :D

wws
29/09/2006, 3:35 PM
"15 new referees come on stream in the Cork region after a recent recruitment drive."

Maybe now we'll see a few Dublin clubs getting Ridden Rock Solid! :D

that should of course read: "15 new Dublin referees come on stream in the Cork region after a recent recruitment drive."

sligoman
29/09/2006, 5:41 PM
Link not working for me, which ref's are banned?

Réiteoir
29/09/2006, 6:00 PM
Names aren't mentioned - just the fact they were three FIFA Listed officials

Alan Kelly was named - and Dave McKeon was also out for a month iirc - so speculation on the third name is up for grabs

sligoman
29/09/2006, 6:01 PM
Rhona Daly?

BohsFans
29/09/2006, 6:09 PM
Rhona Daly?

no, I'd imagine it was the lino in our game against Drogs, who awarded the non goal. Réiteoir knows who he is.

Réiteoir how come Kelly & McKeon were lino's at Bohs games while suspended, or were they demoted for a while after their suspensions?

Réiteoir
29/09/2006, 6:12 PM
I honestly don't know

The AR at the DU game was Tony Ryan iirc

harpskid
29/09/2006, 7:04 PM
Finally some accountability. Never heard of refs here being suspended before. Promising stuff.

KOH

Fergus,

This has happened in previous seasons. I personally know refs who were suspended for a month for errors.

Réiteoir
29/09/2006, 8:24 PM
John McDermott was the one example that springs to mind - it also hastened his retirement from the list iirc.

Not a bad referee at all

A face
29/09/2006, 9:44 PM
Back of tonights Echo
Here (http://www.eecho.ie/pdf/back.pdf)

"After a spate of "howlers" in the eircom League, the referees assessors and appointments officer have cracked down on their own members.....

*just adding this as the page changes everyday.

AFTER a spate of “howlers” in the eircom League, the referees assessors and appointments officer have cracked down on their own members. Three of the country’s top-flight match officials and members of the Irish Soccer Referee’s Society have been reprimanded by the league but they are all back on international duty now. Pat Kelly, the league’s Appointments Officer who described some of the recent controversies as “inexcusable” feels that for the first time in five years, standards have effectively dropped to an all-time low. “There have been some major foul-ups and bad calls in the last month or so and we just couldn’t sit idly by and let things go.

We effectively suspended three of our top men for between three weeks and a month but they are all back onside now and on
international duty again,” explained Kelly whose own son, Alan was one of the men-in-black involved. “These things happen in
football but you have to try and keep standards high and we will continue to review all our members on an ongoing basis. The majority of these mistakes are all down to human error and no one goes out to deliberately to make a ****-up of things,” said
Kelly as 15 new referees come on stream in the Cork region after a recent recruitment drive.

Sheridan
29/09/2006, 9:50 PM
Pat Kelly, the league’s Appointments Officer who described some of the recent controversies as “inexcusable” feels that for the first time in five years, standards have effectively dropped to an all-time low.

Classic Spillane. What the thundering f*ck was that even supposed to mean?

RonnieB
29/09/2006, 10:32 PM
That **** from tonight in the st pats - longford match should join them,

P.S. I dont blame the defeat on the ref he just made it all the more excitable.

BohDiddley
30/09/2006, 10:22 AM
That **** from tonight in the st pats - longford match should join them,

P.S. I dont blame the defeat on the ref he just made it all the more excitable.
No more than Longford deserved. A disgraceful display, combining cynicism and indiscipline.

RonnieB
30/09/2006, 12:35 PM
Rewatched the game and unfortunatly the ref seemed to get most of them right

Dodge
30/09/2006, 2:20 PM
Rewatched the game and unfortunatly the ref seemed to get most of them right
Fair play, probably the only fan ever on this board to admit to getting something wrong first time round

damien
01/10/2006, 3:18 PM
please tell me stokes got a ban oh i really hope so

we would never be that luck'y:mad: