PDA

View Full Version : Pat Mc Court?

Irish Fan
28/09/2006, 3:46 PM
I just got a phone from a friend he said Pat Mc Court has been ruled out for tonight after a fitness test.......Can any of the Derry lads confirm this? Major blow to Derrys hopes if true....

DmanDmythDledge
28/09/2006, 3:48 PM
BBC Sport had him as a major doubt as of this morning. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/5384114.stm

wws
28/09/2006, 4:02 PM
I just got a phone from a friend he said Pat Mc Court has been ruled out for tonight after a fitness test.......Can any of the Derry lads confirm this? Major blow to Derrys hopes if true....

I'd actually say its a benefit to them.

The Stars
28/09/2006, 4:38 PM
ya he hasnt been in the best form this season,from what ive seen.Amazing player,when he decides to perform.Who will take his place?

wws
28/09/2006, 4:41 PM
HAS HE BEEN A REGULAR?

think his apperance v PSG in uefa was the exception rather than the rule
he played poorly

thedoyler
28/09/2006, 5:10 PM
Ive seen him play 4 or 5 times this year live and the twice on TV and i can honestly say he hasnt stood out or done too well in any of the games, he reminds me a lot of cristiano ronaldo <without the diving and model like looks :D> a very skillful player with great potential, but i dont know what it is that appears to be holding him back, laziness perhaps? In saying that last year for rovers he was unbelievable against us at dalymount, scoring a hat trick if i can remember correctly, i thought then he was the best player in the league <all round because of his age> but now im not so sure, a bit of inconsistency has crept in, i'd almost agree and say thats its a benefit if he's missing, but he's so unpredictable which could be handy in a tight game like this.

gspain
28/09/2006, 6:21 PM
He was injured for much of the summer but appeared to get his place back.

Hasn't found the form of last season but still a loss.

dancinpants
28/09/2006, 6:51 PM
McCourts startin' .

adamcarr
28/09/2006, 9:15 PM
McCourts startin' .

And he was abysmal. Himself and Deery went missing for the game.

Aaron
28/09/2006, 9:20 PM

To be fair, we were playin a team who were a lot more stronger and fitter than us, but maybe next year we'll do it in the champions league eh!!!

BohDiddley
28/09/2006, 9:29 PM
Repeatedly providing the ball to an advancing PSG midfield is not what I'd call invisible.

BohsFans
28/09/2006, 10:32 PM
To be fair, we were playin a team who were a lot more stronger and fitter than us, but maybe next year we'll do it in the champions league eh!!!

You cannot defend McCourt, he was terrible.
Stronger and fitter yeah, but that doesn't mean his ability to make a simple pass has been nullified!

DmanDmythDledge
28/09/2006, 10:34 PM
He was crap tonight. He was crap in the first leg. You just know he will be brilliant on Sunday.:rolleyes:

Sheridan
28/09/2006, 10:49 PM
Hopeless again tonight, I couldn't believe Kenny selected him.

Mind you, I plotted McCourt's career trajectory over a year ago (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=268558&postcount=15) (when the usual deluded Hoops thought he was the second coming) and got slaughtered for it.

wws
29/09/2006, 9:34 AM

Mind you, I plotted McCourt's career trajectory over a year ago (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=268558&postcount=15) (when the usual deluded Hoops thought he was the second coming) and got slaughtered for it.

Sheridan most people with a brain knew McCourt was poor - Bohsfans above hit the nail on the head - how any so called talented player can give the ball to a top euro side away so often is just unforgivable - himself and barry molloy destroyed Derry last night against one of the only "BIG CLUBS" that an Irish team might realistically had a chance against.

agony to watch players who cant hit a 5 yard pass

pete
29/09/2006, 9:47 AM
McCourt was terrible again. The biggest games tend to be on tv & he just doesn't perform in them. He'll probably get a hattrick against UCD but that doesn't make him a good player.

wws
29/09/2006, 9:48 AM
McCourt was terrible again. The biggest games tend to be on tv & he just doesn't perform in them. He'll probably get a hattrick against UCD but that doesn't make him a good player.

I've seen him plenty of times in non tv games - same deal
he's braindead

hoops1
29/09/2006, 9:59 AM
Mc Court is probably the most naturally gifted player in league.
Hes been injury ridden the last while. You try play top level here or in Europe
not 100% its going to effect you

NY Hoop
29/09/2006, 11:27 AM

Deluded coming from a CHF fan?:eek: Heard it all now. You have a chip on your shoulder re anything to do with Rovers and its getting old. If he had played for another club instead of us you would be spinning a different tune.

Last night it looked like he wasnt fit at all. But still one of the best players to have graced the league and the only thing Roddy did right was bring him home.

KOH

elliott06
29/09/2006, 1:53 PM
There is no doubt that Mc Court has the potential to be the best player in the league but until his attitude and team work improves he will not. He is perhaps the most gifted player in the league but fails to show it.

I agree with Kenny to play him beacuse he is the kind of player who can win you the match and he is constantly being subed each week which will hopefully make him realise and anaylise his own performances and WORK RATE.He is lazy in my opion.

the best game i have seen him play was against Derry!!!

NY Hoop
29/09/2006, 1:56 PM
There is no doubt that Mc Court has the potential to be the best player in the league but until his attitude and team work improves he will not. He is perhaps the most gifted player in the league but fails to show it.

I agree with Kenny to play him beacuse he is the kind of player who can win you the match and he is constantly being subed each week which will hopefully make him realise and anaylise his own performances and WORK RATE.He is lazy in my opion.

the best game i have seen him play was against Derry!!!

Remember it well. Great night!

KOH