PDA

View Full Version : Psg Vs Derry TV coverage

Bomb Landsdowne
28/09/2006, 2:32 AM
For those who are not in Ireland to view the match, What stations are showing the Psg v Derry match, What French channels are showing it. Setanta are showing it but its not bein shown outside of roi and ni. Im in Slovenia and really want to see it. Any help would be really be appreciated. Thanks Lads.

dav_sfc
28/09/2006, 3:24 AM
Im in a similar boat... They only way i have managed to watch a game is via MSN webcam, which isn't really good. If you get your mates back home to hook up their tv up to a computer msn should recognise the TV steam as a webcam. You need a fast Internet connection at both ends though. And a good buddy back home to do it for you!

Other than that its good old radio!

Surely a bar in Slovenia have some french station that will show the match though!!?!?
I'm F'ed either way... if i found a bar with the station it would never be open till 6 in the morning for me to watch it.

noby
28/09/2006, 7:23 AM
It's on BBC2NI, Setanta and Canal+ Sport. I don't know if that helps, though.

Drogman.
28/09/2006, 8:09 AM
Yeah the only french channel it is on is Canal+.

Most boozers in France have it, so you should catch the game no problem.

gspain
28/09/2006, 9:15 AM
BBC2NI will be FTA on satellite so any bar with a big enough dish across Europe will be able to pick it up. Most Irish bars should have it on.

The frequency is 10803 H 22000 5/6 for a dish pointing to 28 degrees East.

The above might look like goobledegook but it should make sense to anybody with a bar and a satellite dish.

Redzer
28/09/2006, 9:22 AM
The above might look like goobledegook but it should make sense to anybody with a bar and a satellite dish.

And if you happen to meet someone from Limerick, coming towards you with a bar and a satellite dish, it may be advisable to cross over to the other side of the street:D

paul_oshea
28/09/2006, 9:47 AM
gspain does the mean its available on the irish sky cards over here in the uk i.e. those that have a sky box over here with an irish sky card? most irish pubs i drink in have that, with BBC2 northern ireland.

Bomb Landsdowne
28/09/2006, 10:11 AM
Theres 3 So called Irish pubs here, but none of them have an Irish sky box or even an english sky box for that matter. No one has heard of Canal Sport. Really the first thing you should get when you open an irish bar is get yourself an Irish sky box. Ah but that would be too simple.

paul_oshea
28/09/2006, 10:13 AM
dont you mean "oirish" bar. where are you then bomb landsdowne?

Bomb Landsdowne
28/09/2006, 10:42 AM
Ljubljana in Slovenia. Spent ages walking around the city looking for oirish bars but the staff were locals so were no real help. One of the bars had Setanta Ireland but the game is only being shown in roi and ni for some starange reason.

Dodge
28/09/2006, 10:48 AM
If it has Setanta Ireland, thats the ROI version so will show it. NI people have BBC 2 coveerage

noby
28/09/2006, 10:54 AM
gspain does the mean its available on the irish sky cards over here in the uk i.e. those that have a sky box over here with an irish sky card? most irish pubs i drink in have that, with BBC2 northern ireland.
BBC is FTA. All you need is a sat receiver. You don't need a sky card of any description. If you have a sky box (sat receiver) then you can get it.

Lim till i die
28/09/2006, 11:11 AM
And if you happen to meet someone from Limerick, coming towards you with a bar and a satellite dish, it may be advisable to cross over to the other side of the street:D

:p :D

Larry 'da' Wyse
28/09/2006, 12:14 PM
Sport TV1 are showing delayed coverage.

Great site @ www.liveonsat.com for more info.

eirebhoy
28/09/2006, 3:06 PM
There'll be a delayed stream tonight on all Setanta's worldwide.

Download TVants (http://www.tvants.com/download/TvantsSetup.exe).

When it's installed you can use this link to watch:
tvants://www.tvants.com/tvants/?k=be9a0645af74937c

It's on at 11pm Irish time. Leave it on as long as possible before hand to let it buffer. I don't know whether that's Setanta Australia or North America.

iceman
28/09/2006, 3:42 PM
BBC is FTA. All you need is a sat receiver. You don't need a sky card of any description. If you have a sky box (sat receiver) then you can get it.

And very simple to program. Select "services", "add channels" and key in the frequency that gspain has given. All available channels on that frequency will be displayed. Highlight BBC2NI with the yellow button and save settings.
To view go to "services" and "other channels"

gspain
28/09/2006, 3:45 PM

If you have an Irish Sky card it is on channel 144

If you have a UK Sky card is is channel 992 unless it is a Northern Irish card then channel 102

It is free to air

paul_oshea
28/09/2006, 3:49 PM

not true, their was a gaelic football match on bbc2 NI last year, and was over in the ex-mots place and her father turned it on but they had some bloody film on in its place.....obviouslly going through a sky box it was able to be identified as not terrestrial.....

"If you have a UK Sky card is is channel 992 unless it is a Northern Irish card then channel 102"

gspain, this wasn't the case with gaelic football, as setanta have rights to show that around the world, so I am wondering if BBC are the main broadcasters in the UK and ireland, if so it will be on BBC2 otherwise it wont be. anyhow i think im watching it on an irish sky card over here.

iceman
28/09/2006, 4:05 PM
As gspain said , you dont need a card. Take the card out and program the receiver manually as I have described. It does work ( certainly in Spain ) and it wont affect any other settings on your box , trust me.

paul_oshea
28/09/2006, 4:13 PM
ah sorry, i thought you meant something else. thats good to know i better bookmark this thread :D

gspain
28/09/2006, 4:23 PM
No idea on the gaelic match. There was an issue when BBC Scotland had rights to the Scottish premiership and those games were blocked on Digital. however I haven't heard fo that happening for a long long time.

AFAIK the game will be FTA on Channel 992 or has been pointed out you don't even need a card. The Scottish and Welsh games are always on digital these days.

dublinred
28/09/2006, 5:52 PM
www.freelivefootball.co.uk show most games although its gone up to a fiver a month now