PDA

View Full Version : Fund Raisers

thedoyler
27/09/2006, 10:08 PM
If the club is stuck for money for bringing the ground up to standard throughout why dont they run a fundraiser, like some other clubs, maybe they have but i havent heard of one.

Grasshopper 99
28/09/2006, 11:20 AM
they usually run race nights, thats about it cause most people in the bray area dont care about us the most they do is go to the big games in the Carisle, so they cant organise anything bigger unfortunitly.

thedoyler
28/09/2006, 5:04 PM
Its a shame as according to the 2006 census bray is still the 3rd biggest town in Ireland with almost 27,000 people living directly in the town area and nearly 33,000 around kilmacanogue and other places combined with the town. If only 5% of those came to games, of the 50 odd people i know well that go to games, less than 20 live in bray, so judging by my small scale survey less than 40% of our fans are local, thats poor, i think more should be done to promote it as the town's club, the people are there to bring the club forward, look at drogheda town slightly bigger but are being backed by local businessmen and are becoming <reasonably sucessful> although imo are underachieving for what they have spent.

Seagull
28/09/2006, 7:34 PM
Its a shame as according to the 2006 census bray is still the 3rd biggest town in Ireland with almost 27,000 people living directly in the town area and nearly 33,000 around kilmacanogue and other places combined with the town. If only 5% of those came to games, of the 50 odd people i know well that go to games, less than 20 live in bray, so judging by my small scale survey less than 40% of our fans are local, thats poor, i think more should be done to promote it as the town's club, the people are there to bring the club forward, look at drogheda town slightly bigger but are being backed by local businessmen and are becoming <reasonably sucessful> although imo are underachieving for what they have spent.
I know quite a few people who've given up going to the games this season cos of the sh1te served up on the pitch...

thedoyler
28/09/2006, 8:18 PM
Even when we were playing our best round the year 2000 or so, we still didnt get the crowds we deserved, then again its not just our problem, look at shels average gate, for all they've won and achieved.

superfrank
28/09/2006, 8:29 PM
As a matter of fact there's a fundraiser going on as we speak. It's a table quiz up in Lenihan's.

thedoyler
28/09/2006, 9:07 PM
Really i didnt hear about it? It was probably in the programme I was sick for the last home game and didnt get down so i dont have one..

SeagullScene
29/09/2006, 1:32 PM
it was also mentioned in the bray people

Good night but poor support as always!!