PDA

View Full Version : Muse: Black Holes and Revelations

pete
27/09/2006, 1:33 PM
Cracking album. Have had it on loop for last week. Anyone else listen to?

steno
27/09/2006, 9:02 PM
Its on my list.

Heard a couple of songs of it and if they are anything to go by must be a nice piece of work.

Paulie
28/09/2006, 9:51 AM
I recently bought this album along with Absolution. There are some cracking tracks on both albums and I reckon that if you took the best 5 songs or so from each and combined them you would have a brilliant record. Neither album by itself though falls into the category of classic. In particular I don't think their slower tracks really work that well and maybe at times they are just trying a little too hard to be Radiohead. Having said all this though, if like me you feel an album is worth the money if you get 4 or 5 really good tracks off it then both albums are worth the price. Starlight from Black Hole & Revelations and Hysteria from Absolution in particular are excellent tracks.

Pauro 76
28/09/2006, 9:57 AM
Huge fan and the new album is brilliant. Might have mentioned it on another thread, but Knights of Cydonia is a cracker. Starlight and for me, Map of the Problematique is awesome, best track of the lot...

Neish
28/09/2006, 11:45 AM
Have it a few months now, didn't like it a first but its starting to grow on me

ccfcman
30/09/2006, 12:56 PM
Personally I don't buy into the huge BEST BAND EVERRRRRRRR hysteria of sopme Muse fans, Newborn, Bliss & Muscle Museum, for me are utterly amazing tracks, but Matt Bellamy is a) a tosser in real life. b) looks far too much like me!

I do like Starlight and as someone else said Knights of Cydonia is a cracker.

shakermaker1982
03/10/2006, 11:37 AM
I think it's gonna be a grower. I've got it on the i pod but not totally won over as of yet.