PDA

View Full Version : A little help please?

Hulsey
26/09/2006, 12:14 PM
Lads have to do a project for collage on a problem within an organisation and I'm focusing in on the jerseys situation (cos at least that way I'll have a passing interest in the yoke:D ). Any opinions etc. would be greatly appreciated so that i can give a view of how the fans see it. And the views of opposition fans and how they see the situation and how it effects how seriously they can take the club in the circumstances would be helpfull too.
Cheers.

BrayUnknowns
26/09/2006, 1:05 PM
Everyone, and that includes people within the club knows it's a joke at this stage. We should have and always have had jerseys on sale to the public. The club are missing out on seriously good money by not having these available. FFS, Lifestyle Sports in Bray have Rovers and Bohs jerseys on sale !

From what i know, the problem lies in the sponsorship deal with Adidas, they provided us with what ever they had spare, meaning the club got all the jerseys and didnt have enough to sell. This will all change when the new sponsor comes on board.

Hulsey
26/09/2006, 2:50 PM
This will all change when the new sponsor comes on board.
Nice to see that someones optimistic about it! Can see the same situation arising untill adidas are given the boot and someone commited to actually providing the jerseys takes over.

Bray Head
27/09/2006, 8:27 AM
This new sponsor is a joke. How long have we been hearing that. At the start of the season it was only days away before one was been announced. The season is nearly over and no sponsor. If Devo is gone hopefully that will be the end of Adidas. It's shamefull that local sports shops have Bohs & Rovers jerseys on sale and we can't get a jersey for the last 3 years.

BrayUnknowns
27/09/2006, 9:08 AM
Nah no one ever involved in the club said a new sponsorship deal would be days away, but they did say it was a work in progress. From what i hear it is a 5 year deal ! something no other Irish club has ever managed - this things dont normally happen over night, so i presume it's both parties getting the right deal.

Eoingull
27/09/2006, 1:57 PM
Forget about the usual football terms of "professional" and "semi-professional"...the clubs attitude has to be PROFESSIONAL in all regards. Each aspect of the club feeds off of the other. The club should be looking to move forward in unison...that includes the playing staff, the fixed and financial infrastructure, and the supporters.
The jersey issue harks back to the old Irish attitude of "ahh sure", which I have mentioned before. The best approach is to see a problem, and give yourself a timeframe to get it sorted...not let events trundle on in the hope that things will sort themselves out.
A couple of times this year at away games, we have all shared a laugh at the variety of old jerseys on show. We look like a ragtag bunch of Worzel Gummidges turning up at games.
People support football teams because they want to feel part of something greater than themselves and their own humdrum lives. Buying the jersey is part of the initiation process for many people. It's like making the statement, "I am a Seagull". You put a jersey on and for 90 minutes at home ,or an evening away, it doesn't matter where you are from, what age you are, or what your story is...you are now part of a football fraternity. So we may have plenty of young folk, or new visitors to Bray, who feel that they cannot get wholeheartedly on the Bray Wanderers lovetrain.
I suggest dumping Adidas, and moving to a supplier who will commit to fulfilling all aspects of supplying a football club with jerseys.

Grasshopper 99
28/09/2006, 11:23 AM
The wont dump addidas as they get everything free boots, socks, every bit off gear.

They should go to O'Neills, a good irish brand, bound to get our green and white striped jerseys back.