PDA

View Full Version : Stan, waterbags in Orlando and our man Kevin Doyle

binsman
26/09/2006, 8:08 AM
The start of another qualifying campaign and optimism reigns supreme. That’s probably the finest thing about being an Irish fan, no matter how many Macedonias, Turkeys or Saipans we have, we’ll always think "maybe, just maybe". Granted, Stan wasn’t the best appointment in the history of appointments, but we seem to thrive when things get tough. Kevin Doyle looks like he could become a hero, the Wexford lad is flying with Reading at the moment. Hope springs eternal. I’m 25 years old and I’m yet to spend a summer on the streets supporting Ireland in a major tournament. Found a great site to get one in the mood for Cyprus and the Czechs,
[ASTROTURF DELETED (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing)] full of nostalgia. A couple of results go our way, a bit of momentum, and the dishwasher may have to be sold.

OwlsFan
06/10/2006, 12:23 PM
l. I’m 25 years old and I’m yet to spend a summer on the streets supporting Ireland in a major tournament.

You've done well. You've lived through Euro 88, Italia 90, USA 94 and Korea/Japan 2002. I had to wait 30 years before I saw Ireland qualify for a major tournament. I hope I don't have to wait another 30 as I mightn't be around :(

NeilMcD
06/10/2006, 12:25 PM
Yeah Owls fan but you were going to the tournaments. I would rather miss it as a kid and get their as an adult and actually experience it rather than see it on the tv as a child.

In my view the best time if you have a choice for you team to qualify is when you are single and in your 20s.

noby
06/10/2006, 12:50 PM
In my view the best time if you have a choice for you team to qualify is when you are single and in your 20s.

Somewhere in Europe would be nice too.

oconghc2
06/10/2006, 1:30 PM
dont get greedy!!

onenilgameover
06/10/2006, 2:30 PM
my my that Carlsbol!ox site made me feel ill.

and ill miss a chance to go to a finals in my 20's. and it looks as though im gonna have to watch the man who didnt take us there when we should have on tv3 tommorow...

OwlsFan
07/10/2006, 8:17 AM
dont get greedy!!

Agreed. I went to Korea as did thousands of other Irish fans. It would have been nice to have been some place closer but I would probably have never otherwise gone there and this includes many other countries like Romania, Latvia, Malta etc but for the football. Go on the away football trips. Don't save your money waiting for qualification - it's like Stan's building for the future. It might never come. Enjoy the present.

lim abroad
07/10/2006, 3:35 PM
have to agree with most on here,i'm 25 myself and its high on my list to go to see ireland in either a world cup or euro championships,although i'm not gonna hold my breath on qualifying for any soon

dahamsta
02/03/2007, 11:26 AM
The start of another qualifying campaign and optimism reigns supreme. That’s probably the finest thing about being an Irish fan, no matter how many Macedonias, Turkeys or Saipans we have, we’ll always think "maybe, just maybe". Granted, Stan wasn’t the best appointment in the history of appointments, but we seem to thrive when things get tough. Kevin Doyle looks like he could become a hero, the Wexford lad is flying with Reading at the moment. Hope springs eternal. I’m 25 years old and I’m yet to spend a summer on the streets supporting Ireland in a major tournament. Found a great site to get one in the mood for Cyprus and the Czechs,
[ASTROTURF DELETED (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing)] full of nostalgia. A couple of results go our way, a bit of momentum, and the dishwasher may have to be sold.Please ignore posts by binsman, he's a pimp for a marketing company called Cybercom. If you object to this kind of behaviour, please email corporatecitizenship@diageo.com and ask them not to employ pimps to advertise their brands.