PDA

View Full Version : Merchants of Doom

pete
09/09/2002, 9:31 AM
Everyone seems to think city play differently home & away. I don't think so.

Wgen city score at hoime how many times do they sit back & let the opposition come at them? Just the same as away from home except at away games we do it from the start.

City are doing well dispite rather ythan because of Gunther. He may be able to coach but doesn't look like he can manage. When is the last time a 'tactical' decision by Gunther got us a result?

Pablo
09/09/2002, 9:47 AM
Look, theres no pleasing some people. we are possibly 180 minutes away this week from being top of the league and in the Cup semi finals.

This could be our best season ever, the crowds are back, we are playing good football with a young exciting side and scoring plenty goals, and yet people are only waiting on this forum( 1 in particular) to pounce on the negative at any opertuntity.

how can we not be happy with our season so far?

A face
09/09/2002, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Pablo
we are possibly 180 minutes away this week from being top of the league and in the Cup semi finals.

It will be a tough week this week and we will have done very well if we were to win all three games.

This could be our best season ever, the crowds are back, we are playing good football with a young exciting side and scoring plenty goals, and yet people are only waiting on this forum (1 in particular) to pounce on the negative at any opertuntity.

Maybe so (if i understood correctly) ..... but he does have a point.

pete
09/09/2002, 10:35 AM
Maybe i've been poisoned by seeing more away games than home games this season? On the other hand if people only see home games they'll be only seeing one side of the team?

I've only seen shels & 2nd half of glemore at the cross & away games at Drogs, Monaghan & Bohs.

Without being pessimistic for the sake of it IMO the difference between city this year & last is Devine in inspired form, Greg improved, Reynolds a good addition in the middle & John O'Flynn.

I'm just saying we shouldn't get carried away as without John O'Flynn we be mid table like last season.

patsh
09/09/2002, 3:28 PM
Look, theres no pleasing some people. how can we not be happy with our season so far?
Pablo, ALL Cork City fans are pleased with our season so far.
However, that does not mean that the season is perfect.
All that has been mooted on this board is that there are some worrying aspects of Gunther's "tactics", the brittle away form and a wish that a more fearless approach be adopted away from home.
That is not being negative, just concerns that any fan has about their team....
Is there anything wrong with that ?....:confused:

Éanna
09/09/2002, 6:19 PM
yet people are only waiting on this forum( 1 in particular) to pounce on the negative at any opertuntity.
I really think that away from home we've been exceptionally lucky so far. We should have been beaten by bohs, monaghan and harps. I've no complaints about home performances, but I agree 100% with Pete. We're winning despite him, not because of him.