25/09/2006, 2:56 PM
We are live on saturday. Coverage begins at 7.15

KOH

pineapple stu
25/09/2006, 2:57 PM
Pat's and Longford this Friday.

Jaime
25/09/2006, 3:15 PM
Who's setting the spread for how many times your man will mention the yankee dollar? Although there aren't too many yankee dollars about in the Pat's - Longford game...

Poor Student
25/09/2006, 3:17 PM
Any chance they'd show any replay if there was one in the middle of the week?

Drumcondra Red
25/09/2006, 3:45 PM
There was a group of Yanks at the Shels/ Derry game if that counts???

DmanDmythDledge
25/09/2006, 3:47 PM
Any chance they'd show any replay if there was one in the middle of the week?
I doubt it.

dcfcsteve
25/09/2006, 4:43 PM
Two live Irish domestic games in 2 consecutive nights on the same Irish channel....?

*quickly checks calendar to confirm what decade we're in....*

Fair play TG4. What a surprise that the channel dedicated to the preservation of our national language should prove to be the one seemingly most interested in our domestic sports as well.....

gustavo
25/09/2006, 4:46 PM
Fair play to them on the live web feed too

Bohs Belgie
26/09/2006, 8:27 AM
There was a group of Yanks at the Shels/ Derry game if that counts???

Maybe it was the American Ryder Cup team......Cause they certainly weren't at the K Club over the weekend :eek:

stickyjoe
26/09/2006, 10:13 AM
the Athlone Rovers game is marked down for Dubarry Park in the paper.Is this a different ground to St Mels or just another name for Mels

Ronnie
26/09/2006, 11:29 AM
Dubarry Park is the Rugby ground on the outskirts of the town.

Sniffer
26/09/2006, 11:37 AM
Anyone know what kind of audience figures TG4 have been getting for these games?

finnpark
26/09/2006, 11:44 AM
Anyone know what kind of audience figures TG4 have been getting for these games?

Around 40000

http://www.tg4.ie/Bearla/Scan/scan.htm

Sniffer
26/09/2006, 11:47 AM
Considerable improvement on the total weekly attendance at eL games; even with the commmentary as gaeilge!

geezer
26/09/2006, 12:47 PM
50000 between 45-50000 and growing

i think there is a tam ratings graph on the TG4 website

pete
26/09/2006, 12:52 PM
TG4 ratings (http://www.tg4.ie/Bearla/Scan/scan.htm)

If i had known this existed would have updated tv listings thread with the ratings.

47,000 or 4% viewer share.

finnpark
26/09/2006, 1:05 PM
Considerable improvement on the total weekly attendance at eL games; even with the commmentary as gaeilge!

Still pathetic viewing figures. The women's football got more than twice the eircom league football.

geezer
26/09/2006, 1:14 PM
we have to start somewhere, it takes time for these figures to climb and with clubs and grounds improving this could be a catylyst in the growth of the game. fyi there was 25000 at the womens football final last year in croke park so fair play they have their supporters. 50000 is 3 times whats actually goin to games in the 2 divisions together

mandrake
26/09/2006, 1:14 PM
yeah but remember how many people are at games on friday or out...

games on sunday of womens gaa will attract a certain % of viewers who will not be at other games.!!!

BrayUnknowns
26/09/2006, 1:21 PM
TG4 are also showing the Bray Vs. Cork game in the Carlisle in a few weeks time as well.

Poor Student
26/09/2006, 2:14 PM
Dubarry Park is the Rugby ground on the outskirts of the town.

So is it there or is that a mistake?:confused:

DmanDmythDledge
26/09/2006, 2:57 PM
No, that's where it is.

Dodge
26/09/2006, 3:05 PM
Presume its more TV friendly?

DmanDmythDledge
26/09/2006, 3:06 PM
Presume its more TV friendly?
Ye and it has better facilities.

dcfcsteve
26/09/2006, 7:39 PM
Still pathetic viewing figures. The women's football got more than twice the eircom league football.

Was that the women's football FINAL, versus a weekly Eircom league game !?!

Our FINAL last year had a viewing figure of about 350,000 from memory

Battery Rover
26/09/2006, 7:53 PM
Ye and it has better facilities.

Better lights for TV and the ground is easy to segregate seeing as the FAI have virtually put the match on a par with the Instanbul derby. Rovers fans will be in the terraced stand.

Really looking forward to the match and having a few beers and a bit of banter with the Rovers lads before and after the match whatever the result.

finnpark
26/09/2006, 9:50 PM
I think it is about 6th in their ratings which is actually good. If they had the commentry in Bearla they would get at least twice that. Irish and soccer dont really go together. Also, not every1 has tg4 that has rte and many choose to ignore it when flicking through the channels. It also usually has a weaker signal terrestrially and is actually on a different frequency band to rtes on some transmitters.

NY Hoop
27/09/2006, 11:07 AM
Better lights for TV and the ground is easy to segregate seeing as the FAI have virtually put the match on a par with the Instanbul derby. Rovers fans will be in the terraced stand.

Really looking forward to the match and having a few beers and a bit of banter with the Rovers lads before and after the match whatever the result.

Same here. Presume Durty Harry's is the meet up? Will the cameras be in the main stand or where we are?

Presume the bar in the ground is closed?:rolleyes:

KOH

finnpark
27/09/2006, 2:13 PM
http://www.tg4.ie/Bearla/Scan/scan.htm

Latest TAM shows that Shels Derry was watched by less than 32 000 - figure unknown. Very dissappointing viewing figures.

pete
27/09/2006, 2:31 PM
Latest TAM shows that Shels Derry was watched by less than 32 000 - figure unknown. Very dissappointing viewing figures.

Very low figures. I suppose it got killed by the round the clock Ryder Cup tv coverage? However can see here (http://www.medialive.ie/Television/top-tw.html) that Ryder Cup highlights figures low enough. Can also see the premiership only got 129k...

:confused:

Macy
27/09/2006, 2:59 PM
Actual viewing figures aren't that relevant to the TV companies. It's audience share, and the demographics of that audience that matter (as that's what matters to advertisers).

WeAreRovers
27/09/2006, 3:07 PM
Actual viewing figures aren't that relevant to the TV companies. It's audience share, and the demographics of that audience that matter (as that's what matters to advertisers).

Thanks for saving me the bother Macy. Black and white figures mean sod all without context. Those TG4 figures are actually really good.

KOH

finnpark
27/09/2006, 4:07 PM
Thanks for saving me the bother Macy. Black and white figures mean sod all without context. Those TG4 figures are actually really good.

KOH

How can you say that. We dont know what figure watched Friday's match. All he know is that it was less than 32000

pete
27/09/2006, 5:07 PM
It's audience share, and the demographics of that audience that matter (as that's what matters to advertisers).

I'll accept the audience share argument but do you think that eL viewer demographics so good that advertisers would still be happy with so few of them?

:confused:

BohsFans
27/09/2006, 5:24 PM

Have you been down to 'the kip' lately?

It's hard enough to find the ground and then when you get there you've just got to laugh at how depressing the place is! :(

They're a small club, but look like they're gonna have a decent place next season!

http://www.iol.ie/~eganwd/atfc/newstadium/lights-31-8-6.png

Any pics of this Dubarry place? Sounds more like a stadium from south Dublin.

DmanDmythDledge
27/09/2006, 5:31 PM
Don't have any pics of it, but it has a bar/clubhouse, which is new enough, and a stand underneath it(I think). The rest would be terracing(I think). Very nice place.

It's just off the town bypass, about 5 minutes away from the Dublin road. Almost across from Athlone Town's new stadium incidentally.

Schumi
27/09/2006, 5:32 PM
Well it is a rugby stadium. :)

This (http://www.sportsfile.com/fotoweb/Preview.fwx?position=24&archiveType=ImageFolder&sorting=ModifiedTimeAsc&search=dubarry%20park&fileId=4C3ABA64E9D5C430719D19E637E06F040B41EBD67AF D4DB45349769D3DA29DA5FC788D58B16C1545D9DFF19DCC0CA FF51CD2FE7937D6917B162A00AF081B5966D55CB668ECE1D59 48C824575572C45A67F3F301E2DB47696D8A66633D0D22848A 4091291434EA52FA909F766502760126D59D0CD2C7B7D9BF35 21B70D0D2C5DE) is the only decent pic I can find.

pete
27/09/2006, 5:40 PM
Any pics of this Dubarry place?

I believe Buccaneers AIL rugby team play there so probably not the smoothest surface.

Smallest picture... :o

Battery Rover
27/09/2006, 6:40 PM
Same here. Presume Durty Harry's is the meet up? Will the cameras be in the main stand or where we are?

Presume the bar in the ground is closed?:rolleyes:

KOH

Yep pay a visit to Durty Harrys, Philly will look after ye in there.

There is no reason for the bar closing on the day of the match. I asked one of the committee the other day about the bar being open and he said it would be open before and after no worries there. It isn't our bar so the owner will be wanting to make a few quid. We both know that there wont be any trouble between the two lots of supporters.

The cameras are in the seated stand apparently even though for Rugby matches I always thought they were down at one of the corners of the pitch.

Battery Rover
27/09/2006, 6:47 PM
I believe Buccaneers AIL rugby team play there so probably not the smoothest surface.

Fine surface to play on. The Buccs have only played three matches on it this week;) :p :D

The rubbish Scully came out with to our local paper this week you would think we were out digging it up with shovels to stop his team playing football.

Battery Rover
27/09/2006, 8:22 PM
Have you been down to 'the kip' lately?

And the kip as you call it is totally ours and we have never needed the FAI to bail us out to keep it

It's hard enough to find the ground and then when you get there you've just got to laugh at how depressing the place is!

Probably not half as depressing as Dalymount was the night Rovers beat you lot in the cup

They're a small club, but look like they're gonna have a decent place next season!

Phase one will be completed soon and it will be top class with a 2000 seatstand and facilities built to UEFA standards inc a club bar. When it is totally finished it will be a 6000 all seater and we will own every inch of it with no debt. Not many clubs in the League can say that.

NY Hoop
28/09/2006, 10:15 AM
And the kip as you call it is totally ours and we have never needed the FAI to bail us out to keep it

Probably not half as depressing as Dalymount was the night Rovers beat you lot in the cup

Phase one will be completed soon and it will be top class with a 2000 seatstand and facilities built to UEFA standards inc a club bar. When it is totally finished it will be a 6000 all seater and we will own every inch of it with no debt. Not many clubs in the League can say that.

Quality:D

Is the new ground far from Dubarry Park? If so might have a look.

The FAI will have that bar closed in the ground going by their previous actions. Scenario is they ring the club, tell them Rovers fans are going to burn it down and do a Kaiser Soze on the whole town to turn it into a 28 Days Later type graveyard. Club not surprisingly panic and ring the cops who tell them to shut the bar.

This has happened in Kildare twice, Cobh and Dundalk depriving these clubs of badly needed revenue. (I know the bar in Newbridge has nothing to do with Kildare County)

KOH

WeAreRovers
28/09/2006, 11:18 AM
Not quite true NY, the FAI told Cobh directly to shut the bar. The Cobh chairman was really hacked off but was told by the Merrion Sq mandarins that there would be sanctions against them if they opened the bar to the Hooped hordes. Nothing to do with John Law.

The FAI really do hate us. This season has been a wake-up call for anyone at rovers who didn't realise this. We may be paranoid but we're right. :D

KOH

atfconline
28/09/2006, 12:42 PM
Athlone Town aren't running the bar, and Buccaneers don't run the bar. It is leased out, so it it completely up to the Bounty whether they are open or who they do or don't let in.

Battery Rover
29/09/2006, 6:49 AM
Dubarry Park is just off the Ballymahon Road.

When you leave Durty Harrys cross the road and turn right. Follow this road round to your left, just as if you were heading down towards St Mels. You will see a shop called the Crescent in front of you.

At the Crescent roundabout you will see 3 main exits. One towards St Mels Park on your right, one towards the Station on your left. You need to take the one in between these.
Head straight on out that road and go straight through the roundabout at the Regional Sports Centre. (The site for our new ground is just of to the right of this. You will see a big sign.)
Go over the bridge and take the 1st left.
Dubarry Park just a few minutes walk down that road.

So while your all down here have a look and see the progress a small community based team is making down here in the Midlands:)

Rebal Boy
29/09/2006, 10:14 AM

Give it time. Rome wasn't built in a day you know.

Dodge
29/09/2006, 10:59 AM
Those figures are great for TG4 with absoutely no advertising.