PDA

View Full Version : The Railway end

sligoman
24/09/2006, 7:43 PM
Is this still open or what?:confused:. Was just really noticing it last night because when we were down, having Rovers fans behind that goal could really have helped. They could have put pressure on Ryan in the Pat's goal and also boosted the lads when we were attacking that end. I know we still won in the end but I think it would have been good to have fans down there. In previous games it's always worked well having people down that end!

I know the entrance from the blue stand is closed but is the other side blocked off aswell?

Red&White Rover
24/09/2006, 7:53 PM
was trying to figure that out myself cause i remember last year against Pats in the cup, the shed followed Ryan up there for the 2nd half.

MervilleUnited
26/09/2006, 5:31 PM
Just thinking that if the Railway End is Closed, which I think it is, Rovers are blowing an oppertunity to bring in more cash from Full Stand size pitch side advertising at that end, like other league grounds!

Imagine the value to the sponsors of TV Coverage that end last sat?:eek: Big 10 feet high Ad Hoarding with 10 or so sponsors might bring in a few grand to the coffers:) Not to mention the whole ground looking that end at least half of the time

I also seem to remember a small club in spain put a large 30ft Plasma Screen behind one goal, and ran ads all the time during games, along with replays, and crowd singing lyrics, and other score updates! Maybe a little too advanced! (Could be used down the town during the week!)

Fivesilver
26/09/2006, 7:42 PM
Imagine the value to the sponsors of TV Coverage that end last sat?

That's on the condition we get on the bloody telly. Nothing on ELW again.

SligoBrewer
27/09/2006, 7:36 PM
The Commercial Manager would want to watch his back...seems to be better ideas going on on this forum than whats actually happening.

MervilleUnited
27/09/2006, 9:43 PM
The Commercial Manager would want to watch his back...seems to be better ideas going on on this forum than whats actually happening.

Indeed, I seem to remember that a free draw to thank supporters for attending matches was mooted on this forum a while ago!:eek:

Redzer
28/09/2006, 9:11 AM
Indeed, I seem to remember that a free draw to thank supporters for attending matches was mooted on this forum a while ago!:eek:
Yes, and that was Vincent Nally's idea, no the Commerical Mgr. I dont think he's up for the job. but that's for another thread.