PDA

View Full Version : I Saw Mulligan Score With A Header!

Leonard
28/06/2001, 2:16 PM
I am currently looking into the cost of printing enough t-shirts wil "I Saw Mulligan Score With A Header" for every City fan that was at the game in Longford last night ('bout 6 should do) to mark a truly historic occasion.
I remember it as if it were yesterday. Morely attacking Digger O'Brien, the ball falling 6 yards out in front of Mulligan, no-one on the line. The moment of panic as I realised it was Mulligan, and not one of our good players to whom the chance had fallen. Time stood still, as The Gnome sized up his chance, then slowly went forward as he nodded it into the open goal. Then bedlam. Astounded players ran to the new City hero, who looked stunned at his acomplishment, while City fans danced in disbelief at what had just happened. A thought flashed through my mind....did this vital Super Cup goal make up for the red card in Europe? Did this work of art mean that I would finally have to start liking the little man?
As I left the ground the answer came to me in a moment of clarity. Of course a goal in the Stupid Cup wouldn't make me like a £10,000 waste of space, but maybe it made me hate him just a little less.

pete
28/06/2001, 2:38 PM
By all accounts Jamsie seems to have been practicing for that goal in Latvia?

Maybe hiis sending off the result of a mistimed header?

;)

Neil
28/06/2001, 3:04 PM
'Leonard', you hail Hartigan as a great player, and now you're criticising Mulligan?

I'm lost...!!!

Leonard
28/06/2001, 8:09 PM
Dunno. Maybe I just have a thing for tall players. The only other reason is Hartigan came on a free and is from Cork.