PDA

View Full Version : Athlones U-21/Reserves...

MacEwanC
06/09/2002, 3:00 PM
Who did Athlone play on Wed night? I heard they won 5-0 and that Mullin scored and so did the American trialist Morgan...who else scored?

atfconline
06/09/2002, 11:48 PM
I heard Jimmy telling Dutchy on Tuesday night to bring along Molloy with him if he wanted. Didn't hear who they were playing though. They play Bohs in the League tomorrow[Saturday] at 12:00 if you believe AERTEL, or 12:30 if you believe Tony Connaughton. Game is on in Mel's.

Anyone head over to the friendly in Longford this evening? There was a latest score message on their board reading 4-1 to Longford, Stephen Kelly the scorer for us.

MacEwanC
07/09/2002, 2:18 PM
It was Skyvalley Rovers on Wed.
Still don't know who the other scorers where other than the recently returned from America Stephen Mullin and the American Donald Morgan.

I don't know about the Longford match...
Just got back from the U-21 match at Mels...not a good game at all. 3-1 loss. It kicked off at 12.00

atfconline
07/09/2002, 3:28 PM
Posted by towner on 9/7/2002, 1:33 pm , in reply to "Score"

longford town 4 athlone 1. it wasnt the best of games despite all the goals. after 35 mins approx athlone were awarded at penalty for handball. stephaN kelly sent dalton the wrong way. just before the break crowe scored for the town.15 mins into the second half and savic scored . before that though countless chances were missed and crowe should av got his 2nd. savic scored another. it was a very sloppy header in the air which the athlone keeper shoul av got. i was right behind the goals and i could not believe it went in. then crowe finished it off.......

Oh No
09/09/2002, 10:35 AM
Who played in goal?

Anybody impress?

MacEwanC
11/09/2002, 2:44 PM
Originally posted by MacEwanC
Who did Athlone play on Wed night? I heard they won 5-0 and that Mullin scored and so did the American trialist Morgan...who else scored?

Doesn't look like the american will be signing with us. Doesn't seem he has gotten over his ankle injury. That is a shame because he looked decent enough from what i saw.

AntiHeroFC
21/10/2002, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by MacEwanC

Doesn't look like the american will be signing with us. Doesn't seem he has gotten over his ankle injury. That is a shame because he looked decent enough from what i saw.

Actually, he did get registered with the FA for Athlone. He'll be back for preseason in March.