PDA

View Full Version : Broadband data cards

harpskid
23/09/2006, 3:56 PM
Anyone know anything about these? I think Vodafone have one out

What's the story with these, can you access the internet anywhere and are they easy to set up etc...

SligoBrewer
24/09/2006, 1:25 PM
Anyone know anything about these? I think Vodafone have one out

What's the story with these, can you access the internet anywhere and are they easy to set up etc...

yeah , my dad has 1 for work..
you can access the internet alright but the usage is very limited and there isn't a lot of 3G coverage around ireland yet.

there fairly fast when you do have 3G coverage and even when you only have GPRS coverage its still a load faster than dial-up

plus they're €50+ a month:eek:

Battery Rover
24/09/2006, 4:17 PM
Really simple set up. just put in the enclosed disc and follow the instructions. It even tells you when to insert the card and asks what programs that you would like to associate with internet and email.

One word of warning though. If you have a new Dell laptop bring it with you to the shop where you are buying the card as Dell have changed the PCMIA slot on these to a PCMIA express slot. Have had a lot of people come in where I work with 3G cards for me to install only to find that the slot is different. Apparently Vodafone are producing the cards for the new slot soon, thats if they haven't already started.