PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for the Harps game

dalo
06/09/2002, 9:38 AM
very tricky tie. i reckon city will start as slight underdogs given harps record at bally bofey in the cup (knocked out shels last year and city in 1999).

city willreally have to impose themselves. we know we have the players but do we have the postive attitude?

we have to win this and then hopefully we are in the last 4 with a nice home draw.

i reckon 1-1 or 0-1 to harps if we play like we did last week or if we play well a handy 3/4 nil

patsh
06/09/2002, 10:13 AM
Well Ramblers got a win there last week, with a fighting ;) performance....
I'd settle for a draw, a big gate at the Cross, and another 3 goal home special !!!!.....:D

Neil
06/09/2002, 10:15 AM
Yeah, if we don't win then the Ramblers have one up on us! I think we'll win 2-1, but I would be happy with a draw and a full-house in the Box on Tuesday night.

pete
06/09/2002, 10:29 AM
Big incentive for the team on saturday. Maybe only be as little as 2 games away from europe if bohs were to make the final & win the league.

We haven't lost yet when John O'Flynn scores so hopefully more of the same.

p.s. I suppose Bennet due to continue at centre back? Andrews not fit yet?

dalo
06/09/2002, 10:35 AM
bennett has done ok in fairness I 'd thought he be a lot worse.

i'm surprised ye 'd be happy for a draw. i thought ye all be looking for our first away win of the season. maybe it bretrays a nervousness amongst supporters and players when we play away form home. gunther certainly is anyway

Neil
06/09/2002, 10:37 AM
Alan Bennett has been one of the players of the season so far IMO. Fair play to him...

I think we can/will win but I'd be happy with a draw. Maybe just so that we get in another game on Tuesday and three more goals!

patsh
06/09/2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by dalo
bennett has done ok in fairness I 'd thought he be a lot worse.

i'm surprised ye 'd be happy for a draw. i thought ye all be looking for our first away win of the season. maybe it bretrays a nervousness amongst supporters and players when we play away form home. gunther certainly is anyway
Fair enough, dalo. I never really thought about it like that, but I guess I do think the team is a bit fragile.....:(
We should be looking for a win all right.
Harps are a division lower than us, so by definition we are much better.....(aren't we ? ;) )

eoinh
06/09/2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by oddboy

We should be looking for a win all right.
Harps are a division lower than us, so by definition we are much better.....(aren't we ? ;) )

youre right, but i reckon we'll do well with a draw!

dalo
06/09/2002, 12:47 PM
really we have to win one up in ballybofey cos pat's and longford aren't exactly the places to go to having a poor away record. in the long term a away win is needed on saturday

as i say the league and cup is there for the taking if the team and manager believe it:cool:

Gary
06/09/2002, 1:22 PM
Sory to those who are travelling, but I think and hope itll be 1-1.

Ive not been to the Cross yet this season. I came back from Germany yesterday, and a replay on tuesday would be the berries for me!

Colm
06/09/2002, 3:16 PM
Yeah a game to go to on tuesday night would be nice but to be honest ill be fairly p*ssed off after travelling that far if we dont get a win.

James
06/09/2002, 3:24 PM
prediction

1-3 to CCFC o'flynn2 & woods and its the semi's for us

see ya up there colm :)

joe
06/09/2002, 3:47 PM
would ye ever pish off with ye're hopes for a replay - i'm not travelling all the way up there so that i can see city draw and be delighted with another match at the cross:D

another thing - if there's a draw then our re-re-fixed match with st pats would possibly be postponed again, screwing up other peoples planes, again :D

James
06/09/2002, 3:48 PM
Originally posted by joe
screwing up other peoples planes, again :D

where ya off to boss?

pete
06/09/2002, 3:54 PM
I go for high scoring draw..... 5-5.

:)

yeah feck this happy with a draw lark.

patsh
06/09/2002, 4:02 PM
Originally posted by pete
yeah feck this happy with a draw lark.
Think of the €10,00 the club will get from a replay......;)

eoinh
06/09/2002, 4:11 PM
Originally posted by oddboy

Think of the €10,00 the club will get from a replay......;)

i think they might be happier with 10,000 euros myself:D :D !!

Éanna
06/09/2002, 9:51 PM
i reckon we can win it, but I wouldn't be too upset with a draw.