PDA

View Full Version : John Carver takes over as interim Leeds manager

Stuttgart88
21/09/2006, 3:34 PM
John Carver, first team coach, takes over as caretaker at Leeds.

Just to refresh people's memorioes, Carver was Bobby Robson's trusted sidekick & was rumoured to be appointed as Irish coach under Staunton before it became known that Kevin McDonald got the job.

OwlsFan
22/09/2006, 6:37 AM
Very harsh on the previous Leeds manager who got them to the play offs last season on limited resources and just a few games in this season is sacked.:rolleyes:

Stuttgart88
22/09/2006, 7:03 AM
Didn't the rot start before this season? Leeds had every chance of catching Sheff Utd but had a miserable last quarter of the season. Can't remember exactly how badly, but it was more relegation form than promotion form.

Selling Hulse can't have helped. He did quite well I think. They've "lost" Miller too.

OwlsFan
22/09/2006, 9:56 AM
Didn't the rot start before this season? Leeds had every chance of catching Sheff Utd but had a miserable last quarter of the season. Can't remember exactly how badly, but it was more relegation form than promotion form..

Didn't notice. Too busy watching the other end of the table :D

charliesboots
27/09/2006, 2:20 PM
Brian Kerr being strongly linked with the Leeds job today apparently.

drinkfeckarse
27/09/2006, 3:14 PM
Source? Links?

charliesboots
27/09/2006, 3:32 PM
Source? Links?

just heard it from a mate who says ladbrokes cut him to 3/1 from nowhere.

http://www.ladbrokes.com/lbr_portal

Plastic Paddy
27/09/2006, 3:43 PM
That's a good enough source for me. After all, you seldom meet a poor bookie. :)

Interestingly Kerr is only priced at 20/1 with the same company for the West Brom job.

:ball: PP

drinkfeckarse
27/09/2006, 3:51 PM
Interesting alright. I'd be very surprised personally but the comparison between the 2 jobs makes you think someone knows something. Either that or they've taken a huge bet.

Plastic Paddy
27/09/2006, 4:52 PM
My thoughts exactly dfa.

:ball: PP