PDA

View Full Version : McGuirk gone!

footballplease
21/09/2006, 9:13 AM
Just saw it on the official site - about time too!!

BrayUnknowns
21/09/2006, 11:24 AM
Former Bray Wanderers stalwart Eddie Gormley has taken charge at the Carlisle Grounds.

The dramatic development came last night after the departure of Tony McGuirk. A formal Club announcement is expected shortly.

More (http://www.braywanderers.ie/content/view/652/)

I think the club did the right thing in bringing McGuirk's time in charge to an end, it's what best for the club. McGuirk did'nt go out to loose all his games and play bad football, it was just one of those things and i'm sure all the supporters and everyone involved at the club wish him the best in the future, but he's time at Bray was up.

Gormley is an interesting choice, one i would'nt have made but i don't think there was to many more options......Strange now that McGuirk is gone and Gormley is in that it's the 1st time ALL season that we have had a full squad to choose from.

Hulsey
21/09/2006, 11:26 AM
You're guaranteed passion from Eddie and hopefully it'll rub off on the players. Could be a good choice

Eoingull
21/09/2006, 11:48 AM
That's interesting...I look forward to seeing what team Eddie puts out on Friday. Maybe we'll get a few more heading up to Drogheda now. It's a tough run of games coming up.
Thanks Tony...but it just wasn't happening.

Seagull
21/09/2006, 4:08 PM
Just saw it on the official site - about time too!!

So did McGuirk jump or was he pushed? The pity is he was a good assistant manager but for whatever reason he didn't cut it as manager. It's been a bad season for anyone who cares about the Wanderers, so here's hoping Gormley can do the job. Best of luck to him.

BrayZil
21/09/2006, 6:21 PM
Sad to see Tony go. He's a lovely chap and did his best but it just wasnt working out. Best of luck to Eddie. I really hope he can turn things around. Anyone know if Tony is still going to be involved in the club?

Stevo Da Gull
21/09/2006, 7:01 PM
Sad to see Tony go. He's a lovely chap and did his best but it just wasnt working out. Best of luck to Eddie. I really hope he can turn things around. Anyone know if Tony is still going to be involved in the club?

True, thanks to Tony for the effort and I'd like to wish him good luck and hopefully he'll still be involved with the club at the least as a supporter.

I'm not sure that Eddie would have been my first chice (I'd have liked Keely) but I obviously wish him the best. He's a character and I expect that he'll put his stamp on the team, and hopefully the only way is up (please let the only way be up, if it gets any worse I'll .... I dunno spontaneously combust:eek: ).

Best of luck to Eddie:ball:

superfrank
21/09/2006, 7:12 PM
I am looking forward to Eddie being in charge, hopefully he'll give the players a much-needed kick up the arse.

I did like Tony as I thought the team played well last year when he was in temporary charge. Unfortunately it didn't work this time and I will be sad to see him go.

BrayUnknowns
22/09/2006, 8:20 AM
This should be the start of a new management rea but it's clearly not. Every player should have a clean slate to start on - Roche, James, Vint and Doyle have been told there all still dropped from the suqad for tonights match...... New manager, Still the same old Bray mentality !

Brayhead101
22/09/2006, 9:55 AM
Agree with sentiments made, sometimes good coaches and assistants find the jump to mgt too great. No shame in this for Tony, Brian Kidd was a good example of this, don't think UTD have ever replaced him successfully tho.

Again Eddie wouldn't have been my first choice, hopefully the fact he left out these four players again is not a sign that he's going to continue in the same vein as Tony, as whats the point in the change. Different mgr same oul crap, same oul results. Hope for our shake Eddie proves me wrong and we start to put results together.

Heard he's got rest of season to prove himself, I wish him best of luck and hope he can turn things around for us, but I honestly think things won't change much, think a clean break is needed and someone new and fresh to shake things up.

BrayZil
22/09/2006, 6:07 PM
This should be the start of a new management rea but it's clearly not. Every player should have a clean slate to start on - Roche, James, Vint and Doyle have been told there all still dropped from the suqad for tonights match...... New manager, Still the same old Bray mentality !

In all fairness the players you mentioned deserved to be dropped maybe with the exception of Doyle. He trys hard but doesn't get the service he needs. The rest have had their chances and under preformed all season. They have a lot to prove in my opinion.

superfrank
22/09/2006, 6:23 PM
Which Roche are we talking about here??

I think Mick Roche trys hard but he's just having a bad patch right now.

I think Lee Roche has been McGuirk's best signing.

BrayZil
22/09/2006, 8:57 PM
I was referring to Mick Roche. He did well when he first came into the team last year but lately he's been shocking! Lee Roche looks like a very good player tho

superfrank
22/09/2006, 9:08 PM
Agreed. I don't think he's been as good since the cup semi last year.