PDA

View Full Version : New Manager Choices

BrayUnknowns
19/09/2006, 10:48 AM
If it does happen and McGuirk stands down or is asked to stand down who would be the man to take control and move the club forward ?

Not really that many choices if were being honest......

Roddy :D Dolan ? maybe a new face to the league might be the way to go.

Poor Student
19/09/2006, 11:01 AM
With Devlin's continued involvement upstairs is it really possible for Bray to get a clean break and fresh start? Bray should probably hold off in any case and see whether they get relegated or not.

Bray Head
19/09/2006, 11:03 AM
I'm sure there would be a lot of interest in the Bray job from potential managers but we need to advertise to see the level of interest rather than appoint someone. Appartently Waterford got around 15 applicants including a number from cross channel. Many potential managers cross channel would look on it as a stepping stone to launch their career. Sligo have used cross channel managers in the past with good effect Willy McStay, Steve Cotterhill & Lawrie Sanchez. Sam Alladyce started off with Limerick. We need a new manager from outside the club. Too many of the backroom staff have been around with the club too long and new blood is needed otherwise the club is in danger of becoming stale.

Hulsey
19/09/2006, 11:08 AM
To be honest with some of the players at our disposal, really don't think it makes a difference who's in charge. Too many players are either not trying or not good enough. End of story

Bray Head
19/09/2006, 11:13 AM
With Devlin's continued involvement upstairs is it really possible for Bray to get a clean break and fresh start? Bray should probably hold off in any case and see whether they get relegated or not.

If we hold off any longer we will be relegated. 1 point from 11 games and that was thanks to the UCD keepers fumble in injury time is definitly first division stuff. While Devlin is still in the backround no decent manager would agree to working with that arrangement. Devlin should concentrate on his role as director of football and let the manager run the team affairs.

BrayUnknowns
19/09/2006, 11:27 AM

Devlin is Director of Football but has nothing to do with team selection at all, in fact i don't think he has done anything to do with Bray since he joined the Irish set up.

We are the worst side in the league on the pitch, BUT i still think we will stay up this season because of all the off the field stuff happening, which in turn means i think UCD will go down, with Galway replacing them. That's just IMO though.

Personally i think a new manager now would be the best thing to do and i'd like to see someone with no connection to the club what so ever taking over. Within the eL i would probably give it Dolan, but 1st choice would be to give it to someone from England / Scotland - Just like Sligo Rovers.

This would give him time to have a proper look at players in competitive games and let him see the players he wants to keep and the areas were he wants to bring in new faces.... That way we can start next season at full strength and not have to wait until 10 or 15 games in to find out he thinks we need changes.

jonboy
19/09/2006, 11:37 AM
I'm sure there would be a lot of interest in the Bray job from potential managers but we need to advertise to see the level of interest rather than appoint someone. Appartently Waterford got around 15 applicants including a number from cross channel. Many potential managers cross channel would look on it as a stepping stone to launch their career. Sligo have used cross channel managers in the past with good effect Willy McStay, Steve Cotterhill & Lawrie Sanchez. Sam Alladyce started off with Limerick. We need a new manager from outside the club. Too many of the backroom staff have been around with the club too long and new blood is needed otherwise the club is in danger of becoming stale.

i agree but just 1 problem.... MONEY! Bray have a strict budget, these managers are geeting paid between 800 and 1200 pw, bray will not pay near that, you cant expect a manager from the uk to come to a part time set up for 300pw..so the old sayin goes "you get what you pay for" if the board at bray were anyway ambitious they would break the bank for 1 season, go full time and see where it goes...

BrayUnknowns
19/09/2006, 12:01 PM
i agree but just 1 problem.... MONEY! Bray have a strict budget, these managers are geeting paid between 800 and 1200 pw, bray will not pay near that, you cant expect a manager from the uk to come to a part time set up for 300pw..so the old sayin goes "you get what you pay for" if the board at bray were anyway ambitious they would break the bank for 1 season, go full time and see where it goes...

I'd agree with most of that. We defo need to spend good money to bring in a quality manager, someone who can really bring us forward and take on the likes of Shels, Cork, Derry and Drogs and by the looks of things Sligo aswell !

I don't think we need to go full time just yet though if we get the right manager.

superfrank
19/09/2006, 7:37 PM
My nominee would be Dermot Keely. After that I've no preferred choice.

Hulsey
20/09/2006, 11:35 AM
I'd give Eddie Gormley the job. You could guarantee passion from him which would rub off on the team

KildareFan
20/09/2006, 12:22 PM
Would Kildare's John Ryan be in the running?

jonboy
20/09/2006, 2:36 PM
My nominee would be Dermot Keely. After that I've no preferred choice.

keeley is ideal, he does not want a full time job, he has made that clear. an excellent manager and will take no sh#t

superfrank
20/09/2006, 8:52 PM
Yes and he has a proven record at the clubs hes been at. He'd be the one I want to replace Tony