PDA

View Full Version : Jim O'Neil

Colm
31/08/2002, 2:21 PM
was an absolute joke last night, he gave absolutley every decision to Bohs. I dont know if hes got it in for us or if hes just plain incompetant.
Its not the first time, he gave UCD two penalties against us earlier on in the season and of course he was useless against Bray last year on the day of the infamous Moses incident!

btw, the linesman wasnt much better!

Neil
31/08/2002, 2:27 PM
It's crazy. O'Neill was banned for two weeks after his disgracefull display in the City-UCD game. He then comes back to ref the biggest game of the eL season so far. City should lodge a complaint...

Colm
31/08/2002, 2:32 PM
Originally posted by Neil
It's crazy. O'Neill was banned for two weeks after his disgracefull display in the City-UCD game. He then comes back to ref the biggest game of the eL season so far. City should lodge a complaint... Well, he should recieve a longer ban after last nights display, I honestley believe it was the worst performance I have ever seen from a ref.
You're right City should lodge a complaint but I doubt if the FAI would take any notice so they probabley wont bother!

patsh
02/09/2002, 8:26 AM
Originally posted by COLM
Well, he should recieve a longer ban after last nights display, I honestley believe it was the worst performance I have ever seen from a ref.
You're right City should lodge a complaint but I doubt if the FAI would take any notice so they probabley wont bother!
I'll bet you that O'Neill will complain about Gunther and the FAI will do something about that. I thought LM was going to hit him as they were walking off the pitch.
I was talking to a Bohs fan after the match and even he agreed that thr ref was a disgrace.
I know we feel that he has it in for City, but it is in the interest of all clubs to get rid of this clown.....:mad:

pete
02/09/2002, 9:34 AM
For what its worse i thought the linesman by the stand int he 2nd half was even worse.

Flagging offsides very late is a sure way of pi**ing off every person in the ground. The delay is a lot of his decisions was criminal.

:(

patsh
02/09/2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by pete
For what its worse i thought the linesman by the stand int he 2nd half was even worse.

Flagging offsides very late is a sure way of pi**ing off every person in the ground. The delay is a lot of his decisions was criminal.

:(
There was a lot of flagging late, but the early ones were worse.
He definitely put the flag up twice while Micky Devine was still just kicking the ball. He anticpated that MD was going to give a long kick and so just stuck up the flag.

Is there any way fans can complain about the standard of officiating to the FAI?
Hold on, I just read that last sentence back. I must really be losing it.....;)

Colm
02/09/2002, 5:12 PM
Originally posted by oddboy

I thought LM was going to hit him as they were walking off the pitch.I felt like hitting him when he was walking off the pitch!:)
After Friday display I really hate that man with a passion!

On the subject of the linesman, I was pretty much in line with him for a lot of the first half decisions and he certainley got it wrong on a number of occasions. I also noticed on one occasion he failed to keep up with the play but still flagged for offside.:rolleyes:

Éanna
02/09/2002, 9:17 PM
Originally posted by pete
agreed. That lino's display was the worst display I've ever seen from an official- he being the only reason o'neill didn't get the award. Truely shocking, both of them.