PDA

View Full Version : where have the other 600 gone

gufct
18/09/2006, 9:17 AM
Saturday nights crowd was shocking just 560 after 2 fantastic away results. I know the time of the game was crazy (who makes these decisions) and the rain beforehand was terrible but we are challenging for top spot and promtion is vital this season.

Our PR is woeful and were it not for Ronan and a few others putting up posters around the town and county a lot of people wouldnt even know there was a game on. I passed the sportsground on saturday night and the signage is terrific and they also had road signs all over the place advertising next fridays game.We also need to use Galway Bay FM a lot more have more of the players on the radio rather than Tony,Goughy or Bernie.

Thoughts anyone as we also need as supporters to push the 5 home games left and also get the chanting more organised as Saturday nights efforts were pathetic.

gael353
18/09/2006, 9:34 AM
Yer not alone, if ye pardon the pun in the lack of advertising done by the clubs. In galway at least ye have newspapers (indo) who put in a fair bit for ye in Limerick...non existant. Clubs need to appoint full time PROs to who can handle the media and not try and minipulate it (Mr Fallon etc).

GUISAUltra
18/09/2006, 3:39 PM
i wouldn't say that the chanting was terrible, but it was certainly hard to get motivated while watching that game. if ya noticed between when we scored our first and the time kilkenny equalised the atmosphere was great. after that the team fell apart and the fans just got depressed

GalwayFrancis
18/09/2006, 4:58 PM
I passed the sportsground on saturday night and the signage is terrific and they also had road signs all over the place advertising next fridays game.
howabout putting up signs in terryland that can be seen by the road, theres alot of cars and traffic there during the mornings and evenings. would be the simpliest place to have practically free advertising.

corbyeire
18/09/2006, 5:34 PM
even galwegians do that out in renmore - sounds like a fairly obvious one - and a pretty simple one at that

Patrick Dunne
18/09/2006, 6:24 PM
The idea of a sign in Terryland is excellent and one which has
been brought up at the club executive before.

The issues in relation to a sign are
(a) funding
(b) Galway FA

Both barriers are surmountable.

In the meantime, don't curb your enthuasism. You can download match posters
from www.galwayunitedfc.ie. Ronan should have full size match posters by tomorrow.
Pm me and I'll make sure that you get them.