PDA

View Full Version : eL Top 6 betting

Jaime
18/09/2006, 1:21 AM
Do people remember when Stan James had this market open for a few months, and it was fairly lively, changing nearly every week?

The bet description on the account section now reads "Who will finish highest?" followed by your selection. Was it not a simple matter of making a selection to finish in the top 6? I'm not sure that wording was ever there before, because "Race to the top half", and "Who will finish highest?" sound like two completely different markets to me. :mad: Anyone got any ideas?

JC_GUFC
18/09/2006, 10:17 AM
I think it was called "Race to the top half" alright but it clearly said that only the listed clubs counted.
The best you could hope for is asking for it to be voided as Dublin City were one of the listed clubs!! :p

el punter
19/09/2006, 10:23 AM
The bet description on the account section now reads "Who will finish highest?" followed by your selection. Was it not a simple matter of making a selection to finish in the top 6? I'm not sure that wording was ever there before, because "Race to the top half", and "Who will finish highest?" sound like two completely different markets to me. :mad:

The description of the bet was never changed. It was always labelled 'Race to the top half' as the event and 'Which team will finish highest this season' as the market.

dublinred
19/09/2006, 2:28 PM
They seem to have closed the market recently , can they do that without paying out ?

Jaime
19/09/2006, 2:33 PM
The description of the bet was never changed. It was always labelled 'Race to the top half' as the event and 'Which team will finish highest this season' as the market.

Could have sworn the market was "to finish in the top 6". :confused:

They can close it whenever they like.

DmanDmythDledge
19/09/2006, 3:07 PM
They seem to have closed the market recently , can they do that without paying out ?
They keep closing it and reopening it, depending on the chances of teams finishing in the top 6. It will probably open again soon because there are two points between Bohs, Longford and UCD.

el punter
19/09/2006, 3:32 PM
Closed because Sligo would be massively short favourites to finish best of those teams as they are 8 points ahead with a game in hand.

dublinred
21/09/2006, 9:10 AM
Closed because Sligo would be massively short favourites to finish best of those teams as they are 8 points ahead with a game in hand.

I am not a greedy person and would consider laying a few quid on the other teams just in case Rovers finish badly but it seems unfair that the book is closed on the other teams when they would be attracting long odds.

el punter
21/09/2006, 10:09 AM
I am not a greedy person and would consider laying a few quid on the other teams just in case Rovers finish badly but it seems unfair that the book is closed on the other teams when they would be attracting long odds.

Hardly unfair, it's just an uncompetitive market with a favourite miles ahead - traditionally something punters don't like. But if you're looking to hedge out a little, I'll have a word and see if they can get the book open again.